Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Braaaaaains Zombies Are Attacking Your Home Town

How screwed are you?

Map of the Dead - Zombie Survival Map

I'd head north from where I am, hit up all those hardware stores and Costco and then run out into the wilds. Pretty great being in the middle of nowhere.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm ALRIGHT where I am but there are a lot of zones near me that are screwed so I best head up north to you Pike.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I live on the east coast.

Yeah, I'm smurfed.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I live in hick country, I am as safe as possible, there is hardly 5 houses without a shotgun, besides, I have a large collection of blades, just sever the head and you win. Light on fire for bonus points.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

I'd head north from where I am, hit up all those hardware stores and Costco and then run out into the wilds. Pretty great being in the middle of nowhere.
    Only if you know how to survive in the middle of nowhere.

I live in a relatively large city with a decent population. It'd probably be rough for awhile.

Blog Entries

Living on an island prevents one from worrying about migratory zombies; I only need to deal with a cool million. I can live with that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Are we talking fast zombies or slow zombies?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

It would be tough for me since I am surrounded by danger, apparently. I would try my best to wait out most of the chaos if I had enough supplies and weapons. After things settled a bit, that's when I would start moving somewhere.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Here in Laramie it's not too bad. Apparently a National Guard station in town, so I could head there for some weapons. Plenty of food, transport. Cheyenne has all the goods, but also has the highest population of zombies in the state. I'd probably be best heading somewhere like Bill where there is smurf all and just hanging out. I could try and head north to meet up with Pike but that's a long way.

Back home I would have nothing to worry about for a damn while. There's a large farm nearby that will undoubtedly have guns. I already have plans with a mate to head into town and gather supplies from Mitre 10 and the supermarket while he goes to his cousin's place and gets some guns and a jeep. Then we head for the mountains out near my place and wait it out. Hell the aforementioned farm recently got subletted so there's a giant smurfing house on a hill in the middle of nowhere that we could live in.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Danger levels are pretty low where I live and where I work, but so are the supply opportunities. At least where I live. Where I work, the situation is somewhat better, but it's also right next to a university that'd be teeming with young, hungry, athletic zombos.

Looks like my best bet would be to steal a truck, stock up on this and that, and head for the underpopulated island where my parents' farm is before they blow up the bridge. And blow up the bridge as soon as I'm over. >.> Hopefully this would be during low season since the population on the island manifolds during high season. My parents farm is in a very low-danger zone, can be self-sufficient if pressed, and is right next to a lake with a few small islands that might serve as a decent last resort if the trout hits the fan.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Come to Canada. Seriously. Second largest country in the world. Population? Under 35 million. Avoid the major cities (not hard, and preferable even when there isn't a zombie outbreak) and you'd be fine.

As far as how screwed I would be; I live in a city with about 50,000 people, but most live fairly spread out in the suburbs and outskirts of the city and surrounding areas. There's an airport, but not a big one. It's still a risk since it means infected could fly here then turn, but it's about 15 minutes outside of the city so there's at least that buffer there. I also live on the outer edges of the city, so escape into the wilderness is fairly easy. If I happened to be downtown when a major outbreak happened, the river is a few hundred feet away. Dive in, float downriver a bit then come back to shore at a safer spot away from the hot zone and take one of the lesser used bridges across if possible. Preferably the walking bridge. It's lower over the water and safer to dive from if you need to get off fast.

If you can make it to winter then all of the zombies will freeze in -30 weather, giving you more freedom to raid what's left in the cities.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm in a fairly concentrated danger zone...they're wrong though, cos I can name two more pharmacies right where I live. Heck, I live across the street from one, and they don't have it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

My friends and I have thought about this, and it was decided that my house would be our safe zone. For being in a populated area I'm pretty well off. I'm surrounded by water on two sides, I have hurricane shutters, the climate here is pretty bad for preserving decomposing bodies, and there are lots of military posts in walking distance so if they're helping locals I've got military help up to my armpits. Apart from the zombies originating from my own neighborhood, they'd all have to come in on a bridge, so they'd be pretty easy to snipe. There's also a health clinic and two major grocery store chains, but those could potentially be bad things too.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Come to Canada. Seriously. Second largest country in the world. Population? Under 35 million. Avoid the major cities (not hard, and preferable even when there isn't a zombie outbreak) and you'd be fine.
    If I was in the area, I'd head straight for Saskatchewan. You could see any zombies coming days in advance.

Anyway, I live in bloody Manchester, so I'm reasonably screwed. I'm fortunately surrounded by an assortment of pharmacies and supermarkets. As I'm asthmatic, I'd head to the pharmacies first and collect all the medicine I could. Then I'd go shopping for tins of lentils and peaches. I'd load everything into my panniers and cycle up into the Pennines, then I'd just wait it out. I know the area, so presuming I could get up there with sufficient medicine, I could wait it out for a good while.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't be too scared of any zombies around here as they all have bad backs and are on disability allowance

there was a picture here