Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch Dogs

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

hey did you guys see how people freaked out when their friends/family memebers got killed during the gun fight? that was pretty cool

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

that said, i might get this game

if the focus on cover-based shooting doesn't become too big
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    hey did you guys see how people freaked out when their friends/family memebers got killed during the gun fight? that was pretty cool
    yes! Also the guy getting splashed by the taxi

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I share Bunny and Psy's sense of caution, but I don't see how you can begin to think this is generic. The shootan didn't look earth-shattering, granted, but I'm not going to condemn a game for lacking originality because it contains shooting alongside all that really great other stuff. Might as well say "I was interested in Watch Dogs until he started walking, walking is so overdone and is in like every game ever, how generic."

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    I share Bunny and Psy's sense of caution, but I don't see how you can begin to think this is generic. The shootan didn't look earth-shattering, granted, but I'm not going to condemn a game for lacking originality because it contains shooting alongside all that really great other stuff. Might as well say "I was interested in Watch Dogs until he started walking, walking is so overdone and is in like every game ever, how generic."
    It's all about jogging anyway. Don't even mention running! Running is a buzz word.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The shoot-out didn't really seem all that obfuscating for me. It was only a couple guys. And I liked the slow-down cinematic when he slid over the car to take out one of the last guys. A lot of games try to do that. Not sure how many do it like that.

Supposedly it's going to release on Xbox 360/PS3, but... I don't know, I'm interested in knowing what was in the rig they were running that on. I'm very impressed, looking forward to more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Supposedly it's going to release on Xbox 360/PS3,
    Says who?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

One thing I will say is that I fully expect after plaing Watch Dogs that every sci fi near-or-distant future video game that I play afterwards will need some kind of similar function to this or else I will feel like I am playing in a very cheapo future. I'm lookin' at you, Deus Ex!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Supposedly it's going to release on Xbox 360/PS3,
    Says who?
    Ubisoft, namely their CEO, announced they would be releasing it on the 360, PS3, and PC during an interview with someone from Spike TV.

Supposedly it's going to release on Xbox 360/PS3, but... I don't know, I'm interested in knowing what was in the rig they were running that on. I'm very impressed, looking forward to more.
    It was being played on an expensive PC. So.. the console versions probably won't look nearly as polished and unless you have a high-end gaming PC neither will the PC version.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Well, even an aging GTX460 is gonna squeeze out 4 times the performance of a PS360, so it probably won't need that much of a superduper PC
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I will base my thoughts on if the demo lives up to what they showed. The hacking seems gimmicky but it looks like they have a ton of the work done already when it comes to effects and map design so now it is probably a matter of creating missions and making the hacking abilities seem useful.

What I really liked is what I love about Assassins Creed, the city feels alive. When I hack everyones phone, people that are affected act like you might expect. Citizens are not homed in on you and treat you like an everyday NPC until you make it obvious that you are king asshole. Citizens also look like they will react to a situation like the car crash by helping other people out. Being able to to help people in the car get away from the gun fight is also kind of intriguing in that the fights are more than just kill the bad guys.

Also, the game takes place in Chicago and I recognize the city and layout as I work in Chicago. The only downside is that it isn't a perfect replica of the city (Gas Station....in the theater district? GTFO!). But the layout is accurate so that mean I know my way around the city already. I can't wait to blow up people on the Magnificent Mile =D

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know that I should remain cautious and unhyped, but that doesn't change the fact that I've gone cross-eyed and am ecstatically whimpering right now.

The gunfight was decent enough, some interesting things there. Is everyone going to see the same crash if they hack the traffics lights, I wonder? Helping some civilians out was pretty cool and hints that there's some realistic emotion here somewhere. I mean, the protagonist caused a huge crash and used the cars - with the civilians still inside - as cover, but helped a survivor get out of the way.

I also want to play around with the communications jamming. If I kill someone on the street, will the people nearby start calling the cops, or an ambulance? Do they call the fire brigade to deal with anything? Or do those services get called in automatically by the game? If someone does need to call the cops for them to arrive, it'd be pretty sweet to hack their phone and just walk away. That helicopter got there pretty sharpish, so I have my doubts that it will work like that.