Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear EoFf /fit/ or whatever you call yourself now

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

As soon as I realised Vivi22 was out to tell me how bad things I like are for me, I stopped reading his posts. IGNORANCE IS BLISS.

a1fkwoisrhtg.jpg

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Walking at least a mile every day and power walk twice a week. I also find swimming helps to keep the body firm, plus it can be fun!

Less Mountain Dew and junk food wouldn't hurt. More water. I would even go as far to say completely oust your diet of soda unless you want Diabetes, acne, and cavities.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Less Mountain Dew and junk food wouldn't hurt. More water. I would even go as far to say completely oust your diet of soda unless you want Diabetes, acne, and cavities.
    Drinking low sugar/no sugar varieties of soda (diet coke/coke zero for example) in moderation is no less of a health hazzard as fresh pure fruit juice, something universally considered healthy. It all depends on how much you have, what you're drinking and what you call moderation. If by moderation you mean 2L a day instead of 4L a day then you need to re-evaluate what you call moderation.

I lost 60 lbs in 4 months with this diet:

The Hacker's Diet

It wasn't super healthy, but I didn't care about anything except for losing a lot of weight fast, and I did. Data junkies will find it particularly easy to follow.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by John "THE LEONHART" Terry View Post
    Drinking low sugar/no sugar varieties of soda (diet coke/coke zero for example) in moderation is no less of a health hazzard as fresh pure fruit juice, something universally considered healthy. It all depends on how much you have, what you're drinking and what you call moderation. If by moderation you mean 2L a day instead of 4L a day then you need to re-evaluate what you call moderation.
    Fruits are healthy. Fruit juices, not so much. The contain all the sugar of fruits, but few of the good things (fiber, mostly). It's slightly better if you get juice with pulp in it, but ideally, just eat the fruits themselves. Not to mention, both juice and low/no sugar sodas are approximately just as bad for your teeth as regular sodas are.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

My teeth love me; I've had two cavities over the course of my entire life and both of those happened like twenty years ago. I'm super fastidious about brushing because I wear a retainer every night.

Anyways I'm going nuts with juice lately because I figure it's better than pop and it's packed with vitamins and minerals.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

But it has every bit as much sugar as [strike]pop[/strike] soda. If you want to have less fat on your body, you might have to decrease your calorie intake.

There are vitamins and such in fruit juices, sure, but far less than there is in the fruits themselves.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

When I lost a bunch of weight, I stuck with mainly water. That seemed to work.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    My teeth love me; I've had two cavities over the course of my entire life and both of those happened like twenty years ago. I'm super fastidious about brushing because I wear a retainer every night.

Anyways I'm going nuts with juice lately because I figure it's better than pop and it's packed with vitamins and minerals.
    Less juice and soda. Moar water. Though smoothies are good. I usually do smoothies (just fresh squeezed fruit) over having juice since juice has so many preservatives and other added ingredients your body really doesn't need. Not all juices are that bad for you though and definitely not as bad as most sodas. So smurf it, have a juice if you want.

Blog Entries

I lost 50 pounds over the course of about a year while having a very high carb diet. I'd eat lots of carbs all day long, every day, and I lost weight by simply walking a couple miles a couple days a week and by counting calories.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even though I was eating cheese + bread + meat + sweets in Paris, I still lost about 3 pounds after a week there. We were walking about 5 miles a day (10 miles, the day we visited Versailles). And the portions of the food we were eating was generally smaller than what we eat in the US. So yeah, you could potentially keep eating the same food, but lose weight if you just exercise a ton and eat smaller portions.

Agree with everyone else who said to drink more water. Water is delicious. Water is your friend. Guzzle that stuff. I carry water with me EVERYWHERE. I will always have water in my purse, so that I can be drinking it all day long. It's not that hard to quit soda. I have it every once in awhile. If you really need to flavor the water, just pop in a lemon slice.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post

Less juice and soda. Moar water. Though smoothies are good. I usually do smoothies (just fresh squeezed fruit) over having juice since juice has so many preservatives and other added ingredients your body really doesn't need. Not all juices are that bad for you though and definitely not as bad as most sodas. So smurf it, have a juice if you want.
    I don't know what you guys have in america, but juice over here almost never have any sort of preservatives or other added ingredients. Not even the cheap stuff.

Not that I think preservatives are bad, though. I love them. Makes my food survive forever!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Okay so lemme get this straight:

No soda
    No juice
    No carbs
    Fox only
    Final destination

Got it!

Anyways I've already lost a little weight since Hux went home, apparently. I think it's because when he was here we did nothing but go out to eat for every meal, and now I'm back down to granola bars, sandwiches, and leftovers. And Mt. Dew. I figure this will be easy squeezy if I cut out the pop or something.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

No items, either!!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would try to give you some advice, but you probably wouldn't understand what I'm saying because of all this cake in my mouth.