Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dear past self....

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Dear past self....

A Conversation With My 12 Year Old Self: 20th Anniversary Edition - YouTube

Saw this video and thought of this idea for a thread.

If you could talk to yourself, what would you say? Would you be more interested in getting perspective from your past self, or would you want to spill the beans about the future?

Try to be creative. I won't be happy if this thread turns into a pity party about regrets you have.

Personally, I would be too terrified of giving too much information and altering my own timeline too much. Having said that, I would give myself random advice about small scale things. I know most people would try to position themselves into obtaining a lot of money, but that would be one of those things that I feel would screw up my future/present too much.

Blog Entries

Dear past self:

No. No, it does not get better. Well, actually, it does for a short while. But then it gets worse again.

Much, much worse.

Invest in Apple. But don't use any of their products.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd give advice, mostly.

I'd probably try to come up with an argument that makes finishing school seem better than not finishing school and that homework is more important than boys and friends. I'd tell myself to figure out my opinions on my own and to not let others influence my decisions. I'd tell myself to spend more time with my grandmother. I'd tell myself not to waste any more smurfing money on CDs because iPods are going to be a hell of a lot better, and I'd tell myself not to waste one damn second thinking about stupid Jon Ruiz who broke my heart!

I don't have many regrets about how my life was lived. It might just be nice to alter a couple of things.

EDIT: I also might warn myself about a certain Final Fantasy message board and to not get sucked in.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll go back to the moment I decided that it was a good idea to bet with Hypoallergenic Cactuar for the Ciddies and tell myself to STFU and never make any bets with HC again.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Crabs View Post
    I'll go back to the moment I decided that it was a good idea to bet with Hypoallergenic Cactuar for the Ciddies and tell myself to STFU and never make any bets with HC again.
    I would think you'd go back to when you were sick and tell yourself that everything would be alright.

And to invest in something.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Try not to kill again. It will only lead to cannibalism.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 07-06-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I want to troll past me. I want to give all sorts of crazy advice that leads to dramatic, unknown shifts in what I would've done. It's not as if I have any regrets, but past me should get to do things differently to present me. Just like future me said that if I ever tried to go outside the spiders would eat me so get on the internet.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would make damn sure that past me stayed involved in sports throughout high school and got a gym membership too. Otherwise I'd give myself simple advice like trying harder in school and not to sweat it too much if a girl dumps you.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

At some point, you're going to want to join an internet message board called "Eyes on Final Fantasy". Don't do that.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's see...

Yeah, IX is the last really good one, just don't bother until XII comes around. It will be good for your blood pressure.

Don't stop writing, cause you are totally lazy and will stop all together for years....

See a school guidance councilor when you enroll into college, it will save you a lot of headaches.

Don't date C_____, yes, I know she's hot, funny and interesting. Just trust me on this, DON'T DO IT!

Don't loan money to family. You have a bad tendency of turning around and doing something stupid like rage quitting a job and then not have any money for bills. This will also save you a lot of time.

No matter how much you think things suck for you right now, just remember your pessimistic core and understand that it can always be worse. So appreciate what you actually have more often.

Rum is your alcohol Kryptonite. Just trust me on this, don't ever make a cocktail with Rum without instructions.

Guacamole is awesome, just suck it up and start eating it.

Drink more milk

Join a gym.

Wear Sunscreen

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A conversation with your 12 year old self would likely change everything. Messing with your own timeline could inevitably change everything. Advice like "Invest in Apple" could lead to Apple never inventing the iPod, perhaps Samsung do lol.

Therefore any conversation with my 12 year old self would likely be a bit less direct. Study harder in school, become more involved with sports. If by the age of 16 your sister is still a complete idiot and happens to be pregnant? Do go live with your brother because it will work out differently. Anything would be better than the stupid decision to finish what you started in London, college isn't that important... resitting your first year in fresh environments could be good for you. Avoid drugs, even weed it might seem like fun at the time but you'll spend nearly a decade suffering the consequences. Go to university, study anything you can, it doesn't matter what the degree is it just matters that you get out of London and away. Once free don't go back there unless it's for a high paying job. Work for HMV if it appeals to you, just don't stay there long the company destroys your souls passion for the products they sell. Join a gym. Go on holiday whenever you can, explore the world.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You're gay and you're going to be an accountant. Deal with it.

Also, Rinoa is Ultimecia, and Aeris can be revived. Tell everyone.

and grow a beard while you're at it.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Get a damn haircut and grow up, you little snotclot Then I would fight myself.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Then I would fight myself.
    I now realize this is the only good answer.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Maybe I would bring past me into the future so he might have a better chance at learning how computers work and become geek instead. After I fight myself of course. I really wonder how nobody thought of it before. This cycle would result in you becoming infinitely tougher than yourself.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.