Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Fashion You Don't Understand

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I should clarify my position on that two. Leggings are awesome. Camel toe and arse spelunking are not. Keep your fannies covered, ladies!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post

Leggings are fine. Wear leggings. Just don't wear them as pants. Wear them with a dress or something. Leggings are not a substitute for pants.
    I mean, sometimes yeah, it can look really bad. But a lot of times, OF COURSE you can substitute leggings for pants. Example:

I also love uggs. Comfort ftw, yo.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I have a pair of leggings, they're really cool though, they're striped black and white and make me look like Beetlejuice. I ruined them at a metal festival festival though, they got covered in sludge. I'd always wear a long top or skirt with it though, nothing worse than a camel-toe! See? (SPOILER)

I don't understand girls who before a night out go out into the public with hair rollers in their hair..

Oh and the fashion fad that started in Liverpool, the scouse brows, where girls paint on ridiculous eyebrows. Such as this

They get alot worse than that, too..
    Last edited by Zeldy; 08-09-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone I worked with had eyebrow tattoos and would shave her actual eyebrows. Proper creepy.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

so wait uh

are the fake pockets just like sewn shut in every possible way? I mean, I've honestly never seen a lady actually USE her pants pocket at any point, but that seems a little odd.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I smurfing hate fake pockets. And like 80% of the time they could be an actual pocket without affecting how the outfit looks. I mean for smurf's sake at least give me a teensy one that I can use for like a tampon or something.

Blog Entries

I once knew a girl who shaved her eyebrows off and draw them on everyday. We asked her why she did it and her answer was that she once fell on a skateboard and it took her eyebrows off. why not just say because I think this looks better? if she's ashamed or embarrassed by it then why do it!?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    What is with the leggings hate? Leggings are smurfing awesome. Why? Because they're so god damn crazy comfortable. They're the best things to come back into fashion in foreverrrr. I either always wear leggings or a dress because pants are the smurfing worst. smurfing pants.
    Leggings are fine. Wear leggings. Just don't wear them as pants. Wear them with a dress or something. Leggings are not a substitute for pants.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Also pajama pants out in public places. Stop being lazy. Sure its okay if you just hopped in the car real quick to go to the corner store for milk or whatever but a full day of shopping in your pj pants? Wth? Get out of my store/mall/restaurant/public place. Go home.
    I will wear pajama pants wherever I please.

Something else I thought of. Tank tops on men. I... I'm just not down with it. Sorry, guys.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Hahaha whenever my ex boyfriend and I went to Wal-Mart he would go in these camo pajamas and house shoes. It was so adorably People of Walmart.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I don't understand the need to own more than one pair of shoes. I have worn these:

(SPOILER)

Every day for the past ten years and they have never failed me. Why would I need any other pair?

(I should note that I buy a new pair of them every three years or so. Always the exact same kind, though.)

I don't get jewelry either. I mean mechanical watches are sexy marvels of engineering so I understand that, but rings and bracelets and crap just get in the way.

Hair pieces. I also don't understand those. Headbands and scrunchies and crap. I mean they were cute when I was in kindergarten and had barrettes shaped like butterflies or whatever, but yeah, I was freaking five. Just chop your hair off at the chin and you're permanently good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I mean, I've honestly never seen a lady actually USE her pants pocket at any point.
    My wallet goes in there! And also my box knife when I'm at work.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have different pairs of shoes for different reasons. Heels and flats for work, depending on how I'm feeling. Flip flops to go with my PAJAMA PANTS THAT I WEAR IN PUBLIC, converse because they're awesome and tennis shoes for running/softball/etc.

I may or may not also have seven or so other pairs of heels that I love but don't wear because they're so beautiful and I don't want to ruin them.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Well I have one reason for needing shoes and that is walking from point A to point B. So I only need one pair of shoes!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

@baloki

supposedly if you buy a really good pair of shoes they will last you enough that you save money compared to buying a pair of shoe that lasts 3 years.

usually my shoes last about 2 years.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I NEED two pairs of shoes. Sandals for everyday wear and for the beach (I live on the Texas coast yo, it's hot and sandy), and tennis shoes for days when I need something more comfortable or durable. I like to have like fourish. Pretty and comfortable sandals for most days, crap sandals/flip flops for the beach, tennis shoes, and a good sturdy (but pretty) pair of boots. Currently lacking on the boot department, but since I work someplace where I can't wear them five days out of the week I may not buy any.