Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is that thumb there?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Why is that thumb there?

Yesterday in a NYC subway I saw a thumb on the ground. Just a human thumb...with no person attached to it. I did a double take and got whip lash. Definitely a thumb. D:

I wonder wtf happened and why it was there, but then I just remembered it's NY so of course. I shouldn't be shocked. Still, I am. Seen anything shocking lately?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Shiny, that's awful. D:

Me? Well, my bike was stolen upon the first day of my entering of the dorm!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Not recently, but this thread reminded me of the time I saw a large, angry man get out of his car at a KFC drive-thru screaming nonsense. He walked up to the window and started to punch it as hard as he could. There was a kid in his car crying. The cops showed up and talked him down somehow. I still have no idea what the hell that was about.

I wasn't at the KFC because I was in the middle of walking into a restaurant at the time. He wasn't mad at another driver or else he would have punched another car, I imagine. He also already ordered, but didn't get his food yet, so they didn't have a chance to screw up his order. He didn't appear drunk or on drugs either, especially since the cops talked him down and he wasn't arrested. Seriously, this bothers me. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Not anything like a thumb on the ground, where are you, Queens?

The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side. I probably would have thrown a fit it it hadn't been Kitty.

Seriously though, a thumb?
    Like an actual thumb? Not a toy, not a drawing?
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Things don't really shock me these days. I keep my head level in all situations and react fairly quickly to the things going on around me. I'd be a little confused at first when seeing a thumb on the ground, but after thinking about it and deciding that I should probably call the police to come figure out what to do with it, I'd just grab it with the handkerchief I carry around and take it home and put it in a jar. Because having a human thumb would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side.
    And you didn't run towards him and slam his face into the fence repeatedly before throwing him into the yard with the dog he kicked? That seems like the only logical thing to do when you see someone kicking a dog for no reason.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    Things don't really shock me these days. I keep my head level in all situations and react fairly quickly to the things going on around me. I'd be a little confused at first when seeing a thumb on the ground, but after thinking about it and deciding that I should probably call the police to come figure out what to do with it, I'd just grab it with the handkerchief I carry around and take it home and put it in a jar. Because having a human thumb would be awesome.

The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side.
    And you didn't run towards him and slam his face into the fence repeatedly before throwing him into the yard with the dog he kicked? That seems like the only logical thing to do when you see someone kicking a dog for no reason.
    Like I said, if it were any other dog. i assumed he and Kitty had a relationship.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

I never outwardly admit to things that shock and appall me. I just absorb it as reality and allow the seething growth, a cancer comprised of my ill-regard toward humanity, at the back of my neck to expand and claim more territory in my veins. My mind temporarily wanders and then I move on having accepted another foul truth about mankind that lends itself to my goal of world domination.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Wow.

And uh, nothing shocking recently. Despite living in the West of Scotland, I don't seem to see much horror occurring. Heck, I've been living in a not great area of Glasgow for the past two years and the worst I've seen is the local shopkeeper getting bottled.

Blog Entries

Wtf a thumb!?

I haven't seen anything shocking lately

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I saw MANUS in real life.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not anything like a thumb on the ground, where are you, Queens?

The other day I saw a guy waltz up to an iron fence and kick the dog on the other side. I probably would have thrown a fit it it hadn't been Kitty.

Seriously though, a thumb?
    Like an actual thumb? Not a toy, not a drawing?
    A human thumb. Looked like a man's thumb. With the lack of blood I was thinking maybe it could've been from a wax figure possibly, but it's not like that wouldn't have also been weird. Also it was in Manhattan not Queens, but you'd think that sort of thing would happen in an area with higher violent crime rate like Brooklyn.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I saw MANUS in real life.
    Christmas!? Speak of the devil!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen anything THAT wacky but I've seen some off the wall things, like an old lady scream at someone at work for the coffee pots being broken, telling him he'd better have it fixed before she leaves "or else." And an old guy who talks very loudly to himself and points with his eyes closed. Some little boy ran over in his general direction, no older than 4, and the old man closed his eyes and screamed "you'd better not be mine! you'd better not me mine, you little bastard! how can you love something that isn't yours?!" and the parents looked like they wanted to whoop some booty. I was too shocked to say anything, it came out of nowhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    I haven't seen anything THAT wacky but I've seen some off the wall things, like an old lady scream at someone at work for the coffee pots being broken, telling him he'd better have it fixed before she leaves "or else." And an old guy who talks very loudly to himself and points with his eyes closed. Some little boy ran over in his general direction, no older than 4, and the old man closed his eyes and screamed "you'd better not be mine! you'd better not me mine, you little bastard! how can you love something that isn't yours?!" and the parents looked like they wanted to whoop some booty. I was too shocked to say anything, it came out of nowhere.
    I'll be ecstatic when I'm finally that old and get to do things like that for fun.
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Some crazy-assed B sped up on an old lady in a car ahead of her. The B was in a huge suburban. The whine of her engine and the shriek of breaks were enough to tweak my neck in her direction, but then she honked her horn and shouted "Get out of your f-ing car, b**ch!" I assume she thought the old woman driving the car was someone else. The old lady made a U-turn and suddenly the B stopped following her and drove away.

A police officer had just pulled into the same parking garage we had and I assume he heard all of the commotion. But it wasn't until the B drove off that he showed any interest and peeked his head out. Useless cops.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.