Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Woes

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Default Moving Woes

Since I graduated, I can no longer afford to live in my super awesome flat in Glasgow. So I'm moving back home to live with the parents.

Saying goodbye to my flatmate was super sads, tidying the flat is horrible and I'm not looking forward to living miles away, back home, from all my friends and the sociability that came with living near uni. Also moving my stuff is bad. Too much stuff. xD
    But, at the same time despite all the bad things, I'll be saving so much money I will become the richest woman. I can learn to drive with all the extra money - improve job prospects and can visit my (ex-)flatmate sometimes! Pros and cons all over.

Anyone else moved away from home recently? Or had to go back to living with the folks for whatever reason? Do you enjoy moving? :3

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The only time I personally moved was to the apartment I currently live in, and I'll probably be moving in a year or two. I live close to my parents, so the moving wasn't a hassle at that time. That and I left a lot of stuff at my parent's house. When I move again, I know it is going to be a huge pain. I have acquired a lot more belongings within my time at my apartment, and I will probably move a lot further away.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Over my last 2 years at University, I've lived in three different houses. The very very first move was the worst, consisting of about 3 car loads and I realised I had a problem. Year ended, packed up, cleaned house, had to take everything back home again. Moved to a new house for the second year, term ended, packed up and cleaned but attempted to squat in a friend's house for a month, so moved there. Then that had to end and I've returned home for about week, and come September I'm going to do the whole moving in process again for my very last year then who knows where I'll go!

So sick of packing

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm considering moving, but to entirely different state, CALI. I've been actually seriously considering it for quite some time now. And now that I have a job and currently live with my dad (or sometimes at my friend's place in Manhattan), I can actually save up money to fund that move. I have to wait until my boyfriend graduates as he wants to move to Cali as well and so does my friend. They both graduate next year. I'm definitely not moving down there without at least one room mate who has some sort of money in savings.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Whoooo shiny! Join us join us join us!

Between December 2011 to June 2012, I moved three times. It smurfing sucked.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've moved a few times in the last few years, which sucked. I do not even have that much stuff except for basic furniture, but it is still a pain in the ass.

Blog Entries

I lived in a house from the time i was born till about the age of 12, after my parents got divorced i have been living with my dad since then (cant really afford to live on my own at the moment) and we have moved like 3 times or so.. (i really don't count jumping from apartment building to apartment building moving though). My mom on the other hand has moved about 7 times.

The process of moving is horrible, but overall I love it. I love seeing new places and starting certain aspects of my life over. It's kind of refreshing, especially since I have a tendency to burn bridges every few years.

I haven't lived with my parents, or family, since I was 17 (so about 9 years) and it is pretty nice being on my relative own (I've lived with my girlfriend for the last 4ish years).

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I just have so much trout and furniture is heavy enough without having to get in the smurfing Tetris zone to fit it through doors and then place it. I smurfing hate moving. Had to move my trout too many times this year. Never moved house until this year, either.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Since moving out of my mother's house nine years ago, I've lived in four apartments. Three years ago we started renting BJ's grandparents' house, though, which has been nice because I was getting really sick of moving.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moving back in with parents after having moved out is the worst. I did it for a few months after college and it felt like a failure to me. But I got out of there pretty quickly.

I love my parents, I really do, but I cannot live with them. Most of my friends still live with their parents, and we're all in our mid to late 20s. I think that's pretty weird.

I wouldn't mind moving about a lot more before I settle down and put down roots in one location. It's weird because I'm someone who loves familiarity and once I get accustomed to something (ie: local restaurants), I need them to stay exactly the same forever. But at the same time, I have huge wanderlust. I always have a desire to be traveling and exploring. I would love to live in maybe 4 other major cities before I get too old. Oh and one day I want to live out in the boonies. Like seriously off the grid and not talk to the anybody in the outside world for a few months, just to see if I could do it.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am like a plant that stay fixed to my location.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I'm still with my parents but HOPEFULLY I can get into my new apartment this weekend. hopefully. Please. This has taken me like three weeks of messing with this nonsense.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Necronopticous and I moved to a new apartment back in March. It was a pain, because it rained like mad on the day we moved (had to wrap up everything) -- and, also, a lot of things went wrong during the weeks prior -- but once it was over... =D

Now we live in breezy El Segundo, just minutes from where we work! Also, I'm so spoiled by the temps here that I don't think I could live any further from the ocean. XD

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm still at home because all of my jobs have been fixed term contracts, but now I am in a permanent role and hope to be out at the start of 2013 once my probationary period is done and dusted. I can't even comprehend moving! Oh god!

Also yeah if anyone gives you trout about living at home, I always find asking them how much they have in savings makes them stfu prettttty quickly.