Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Halo 4

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Let's face it, I'm going to buy this game, dedicate a stupid amount of hours to it, then bitch about it in that order.
    I'm going to bitch about it, buy it, bitch about it, play a bit, bitch about it, play the campaign obsessively, bitch about it, play the multiplayer obsessively, then bitch about it some more.

smurfing Halo, man.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Cortana is literally the worst character in the history of video games and why the smurf does an AI have a god damn gaptooth? Seriously, fix the smurfing teeth you silly blue twat.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I just haven't even considered it tbh. The fact that I haven't been able to get decent internet since that fateful 1v1 match with Psychotic in Halo3 just pisses me off. Also hilariously I have gotten Halo3 and Reach at release; Halo 4 is up in the air despite hearing some very positive things about it. I just can't get excited.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles

Yeah, it's been out for nearly a week and I just made the first post on it. Seems most people, myself included, are not exactly enthused. I got it as more of a "Oh, go on then. What else am I gonna do?" than a "OH MY smurfING GOD NEW HALO GAME COME ON COME ON" thing.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

One of my mates was playing it today. It looked alright. I really hate the customisation from what I saw; the spartans all look like they were starved and several bones removed to create this ill proportioned freaks. Online is the only thing that would attract me - Chief and I finished the fight already, I can't get excited about "a lot can happen in four years" because that is an absolute cop out by 343 Industries to not try and design a full set of new enemies. Probably because it would change the mechanics that make Halo a best seller. It seems way too obvious a cash grab.

Articles

Yeah they added a new set of enemies to complement the Covenant and they're all a bunch of dicks who aren't particularly fun to fight.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm enjoying the game. But two things bother me.

1. It automatically reverts the language of the game to .. blegh.. Dutch, because of my region settings of my gamertag. That means I have to use a different account to play the campaign, or be bothered by the stupid dutch language.

2. You need 8 gigs to play online? Duuuuude, my 360 is from 2005. I have a 15 gig hard drive. With the stupid windows 8 crap that is now called a homescreen, I'm not even sure I'd have the space if I left just my savegames.

Meh, still good though. Maybe I'll try and play with you guys again when I get my harddrive cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Yeah they added a new set of enemies to complement the Covenant and they're all a bunch of dicks who aren't particularly fun to fight.
    I know, right? Seems waay too cyberpunk for me. I like being able to fly a pelican though.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Cortana is literally the worst character in the history of video games and why the smurf does an AI have a god damn gaptooth? Seriously, fix the smurfing teeth you silly blue twat.
    I noticed it too. They completely changed her face. Trying to make her seem more like the girl around the block. She's an AI. Fix your image.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Oh yes, me and Paul are playing multiplayer now. and we're back with a vengeance. Our second match, big teams slayer on valhalla, I went 22-0, got a perfection. Have. Some. Of. That.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Is there enough co-op in this game to make it worth me buying? Multiplayer vs. matches were never a major thing for me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Is there enough co-op in this game to make it worth me buying? Multiplayer vs. matches were never a major thing for me.
    Halo games have always had decent co-op integration. This is no exception.

You should have someone to play it with you though. Also, I'm not sure, but I think I finished the game in 6 or 7 hours.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My copy arrived today as promised, however unlike previously advertised on msn, I will not likely be on it tonight, I have a date. However if I get through my date quicker than expected this may change.

Blog Entries

I've never played a Halo game in my life, nor have watched any gameplay of it. A friend of mine got the game the other day and I played a few rounds with him, and my only thought was 'this is Call of Duty with different textures'. I didn't even need to ask what the buttons were.

there was a picture here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I've never played a Halo game in my life, nor have watched any gameplay of it. A friend of mine got the game the other day and I played a few rounds with him, and my only thought was 'this is Call of Duty with different textures'. I didn't even need to ask what the buttons were.
    Buzz! Wrong. Halo: Combat evolved came out in 2001. Call of Duty was released in 2003. So it's the other way around. CoD is Halo, but with Nazi's.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My friend described this as Call of Duty: Halo Edition though. Halo has surrendered a lot of its uniqueness to appeal to the mass audience.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Does that mean my days running around as though bullets harm me are over?