Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laddy Plays Baldur's Gate For Real This Time!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Laddy Plays Baldur's Gate For Real This Time!

A young warrior thought for as long as he lived his short life in the dusty old libraries of Candlekeep who he was and what he was meant for. His adoptive father, Gorion, had instilled in him a strong sense of courage, justice, and goodness. However, never has he been told who his parents were and what his true heritage is. All he had were a bunch of really stupid friends and his dreams. Until one day, his thirst for adventure was suddenly and unexpectedly quenched...

Chapter 0: Sir Quin and his Troupe of Amazing Friends

It will be grand. I can feel it in my loins.

The hero of the story, Sir Quin. He is a "righteous" "Paladin". He spent all of his life thinking of [strike]cheap whores and gambling[/strike] adventure. He wishes to do good in the world and restore order to the Sword Coast. He is very strong and hardy, and quite handsome. However, he is quite a dull boy, so he'll pretty much just stick with bashing things and being a big hunky meat shield.

But what is a hero without [strike]cannon fodder who will be replaced by other EoFFers when they inevitably die[/strike] comrades? Have no fear! Sir Quin has many steadfast and loyal allies who will never abandon him! But who are they?

We have the great and wise Pike! Many years has she spent playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and watching My Little Pony, so naturally she is very intelligent and surprisingly...athletic for some reason. Unfortunately, her constant geeking out has caused her to as strong as a box of Kleenex. Poor Pikey Wikey. Also, her sprite is quite...leggy if you know what I mean.

Speaking of long legs, or the lack there of, we have the warrior-priest, I'm My Own Minister! Huxley is determined to spread his totally dogmatic secular humanism to the world at any cost! He's a decent fighter so he can be a one-man holy war if necessary, but his Wisdom grants him excellent healing capabilities. Yay!

Also, we have Shorty the Hippie, who's a druid for the double healing. She's a mediocre fighter, but her very high wisdom is sure to make her the main healer. Just don't ask to bathe. It won't work out. Hippies, you see.

Australia is hard to survive in. With all the stuff that can kill you, you need to understand the wilderness. And that Jiro does! He has insanely good stats, and with his unnaturally high Strength and Dexterity, he'll be able to both wrangle dingos in the front and shoot kangaroos from the back. Also, his high Constitution will allow him to take stings from Box Jellyfish that would fell any lesser Anglo-Saxon. However, he has a low Charisma, causing him to have the social skills of Rain Man. He's a real excellent archer.

You see, any lame D&D party would have a thief. But not Sir Quin! He needs the most sexy, awesome, and totally not useless hero in the land! A guy so drop-dead sexy he has lust in his name. The sexual Renaissance Man, Laddy The Lustful! His really high Charisma causes him to be the hottest in the group, but his above-average brain and reflexes makes him a more versatile spellcaster and rogue as well. He will be a KILLING MACHINE. JUST YOU WANT. LIKE LIAM NEESON MEETS TEDDY ROOSEVELT INJECTED WITH BEE VENOM.

So we have the band of legendary heroes, but what about their equipment? Surely they cannot fell the hordes of darkness with their fists? Well, worry not! For Sir Quin has a large sum of money so he can go shop for weapons and armor!

smurf you, fat ass. I'm a goddamn holy and pious Paladin, you ought to treat me with more respect. Douche.

So Sir Quin gets all the best stuff, because he suggested I do this Let's Play. He has Splint Mail, a large shield, a bastard sword, and a helmet, making him a tank of sorts. Also, he wears white and red because I think they're good Paladin colors. Sue me.

Despite resembling a pixelated Jessica Rabbit, Pike is still a wizard. A voluptuous one, but a wizard nonetheless. She can only use limited equipment. So she gets a staff. Awww...

Charles Darwin has blessed Huxley with chainmail, a warhammer, a small shield, and a helmet that cover his eyes. He looks silly. Let's mock him!

Pants are the man! Down with pants! Shorty gets leather armor and a spear, since Druids have a surprisingly diverse equipment selection. I guess she's one of those militant environmentalists. Y'know, the ones that say save the whales and then start killing tourists with AK-47's? She's one of those.

Australia makes people blue. Everyone knows that. Jiro gets studded leather armor, as well as an axe and a bow. He uses the bow because he's so brave he fights ten yards away from the danger.

And of course Laddy, in his intimidating Magenta and Sky Blue, rocks studded leather, a short sword, and a light crossbow. He carries a short sword since he doesn't need to compensate for anything.

And the party walks down the road after dumping some quarterstaffs. Play this for enhanced epicness. There is no way this could possibly go wrong.

And so the epic adventure begins! Next Time: Daring Combat! Amazing Quests! Death! Betrayal! Pointing and Clicking!

Either use a different stance or get your mage out of the front lines.

What the smurf Laddy, were you born in a god damn barn?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Either use a different stance or get your mage out of the front lines.

What the smurf Laddy, were you born in a god damn barn?
    I was in fact born in a barn. Thanks for reminding me. We wouldn't want Pike killed, now would we?

Well, I guess that all depends on how you feel about mages.

ENHANCED

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Ooh, I look forward to following this. I give it 2 updates before Jiro lets Quin be killed so he can take over as the hero.

I like the huge leg slit in Pike's dress. Apparently she's going to seduce the monsters.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    ENHANCED
    Not until November.

'she gets the staff'

huhhuhuh

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Ooh, I look forward to following this. I give it 2 updates before Jiro lets Quin be killed so he can take over as the hero.

I like the huge leg slit in Pike's dress. Apparently she's going to seduce the monsters.
    Pike is the party's temptress.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Although I am clearly high in Charisma, I feel that it was probably necessary to sacrifice awesome in one skill to be a little less game-breaking. I am looking forward to being second in command of this here adventure. Because I am clearly the only one with the skills to survive in the wild.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, after you realize you have made every single damn kill in the game up to this point, you'll understand why I lowered the one stat you make no use of.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Chapter 1: Old Friends and New Adventures

After a quick stroll down the road, the party notices a neat little building, called the Barracks Obama. They decide to enter it based on the prospects of [strike]sleeping guardsmen and women[/strike] equipment.

Oh look, a guy named Fuller! That's a stupid name. Maybe he has something for us to do!

Ok, you're fuller crap! Crossbow bolts? Really? That's just stupid. The Great Sir Quin does not waste his precious time performing shopping trips! Here, just take Laddy's little quiver, he doesn't use it!

O hai, experience. Anyway, Quin and Company walk done some more until the group sees a Bunkhouse. Excited by the further promise of willing participants in some fantasy roleplaying, they enter.

Oooh! He's eager; he's headed right towards Pike! Hux won't like that!

Apparently Pike says Quin's dad is her dad for some reason, and so this scary guy takes out a dagger and attacks Pike! WILL SHE SURVIVE!?

She does. Jiro shoots and kills him in one hit. I seriously couldn't get a capture of the battle because it was that short. Jiro smurfing rules.

This dwarf seems quite shiny. What does he have to say?

Quin, you lazy bastard! Now we gotta kill rats!
    You made this RPG cliche happen, Quin. You did.

Oh no! Rats! They'll kill us! They're attacking us! Will we ever survive these rodents?

One Word: Jiro. The rats are easily dispatched while the cats don't do anything. Lazy cats. You're lazier than Quin.

After taking the reward from the inexplicably holographic dwarf, we see a priest, and despite pretty much everyone in this party being an atheist, we pray for guidance on our journey. I mean really, what could be next? Space hamsters? I mean after rats and one dude with a butter knife announcing his desire to assault six fully armed people, some of which capable of casting fireballs, I'm willing to bet it gets a lot harder from here.

Dreppin. Have I said the names in this game can be pretty funny and stupid? No? Because they are. Hey, here's a game: add a bodily function after Dreppin. Hours of fun!

How does one leave a book in a pile of hay? Under what circumstances would that happen?

BALDUR'S GATE! AN INTENSE TACTICAL RPG IN WHICH YOU TAKE TEXTBOOKS OUT OF PILES OF HAY! Do you feel the 2nd edition Dungeons & Dragons yet?

Shorty is hot for preacher, so she wanted to see her favorite monk...if ya know what I mean.

His name is Shank? You're pretty much setting up your kid for a life of bounty hunting, aren't you? What parent names their kid after a term for a prison killing Who does that? Come on!

Pike has little patience for this fellow, so she pretty much tells him to shut it. He didn't like that. What will happen?

Jiro will happen. Don't smurf with Jiro, man.

Insert joke here.

Don't make excuses. We know why you were by those cows.

Anyway, here's your book. You freak.

At least she gave us this nice gem my cursor covers! How nice.

Anyway, that's enough for today! Tune in next time for tragedy, heartache, and other stuff! Remember to floss!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I am so powerful. I will protect you all, never fear. Looking forward to slaying some bosses in one hit

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm My Own Minister is bloody genius. This thread is already a success for that alone. xD

EDIT: I'm so troutty.
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 09-23-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post

Pike is the party's temptress.