Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Dexter Season 7

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

To be fair, he did have Deb's car crash and Hannah possibly trying to kill her weighing heavily on his mind. Plus the release of one of his mother's killers would've had an effect on him too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

IT'S HARD TO THINK RIGHT WITH A MURDERBONER, RAISTLIN. Gosh, you just don't understand anything.

I miss Hannah. ;_;

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

If he had a "murder boner," I could at least understand it -- like his desperate need to kill Viktor in the airport. But he was otherwise careful and thorough; he was obviously thinking about LaGuerta instead of just ignoring her, as he emphasized to Deb that she wouldn't be a problem anymore. If I was meant to believe that he was so in need of a kill that consequences be damned, the episode sure did a poor job of portraying that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    How unbelievably stupid does Dexter have to be to go kill someone connected to him moments after hearing about LaGuerta's suspicion? Seriously now. Just because Matthews was convinced doesn't mean LaGuerta wouldn't stop snooping around on her own. And with absolute no thought or checking, Dexter just accepted that Matthews was speaking for her. After being so utterly careful with planting persuasive evidence of Doakes's guilt, he then goes to kill his mother's killer immediately after his release, and does not even object to his release at his parole hearing. -- and does not check to see if his victim was being followed That last attempted kill was among the dumbest things Dexter has ever done, and that list runs pretty high.

Otherwise, it was an ok episode. The finale, at least, looks intense.
    Here's one thing more stupid than doing that: spurning a former lover and turning in a murderer to whom you've confessed that you're a serial killer based on circumstantial evidence.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Damn, those final 10 minutes. :o Actual edge of my seat nonsense.

Also I didn't realise how much I missed Doakes. He was so badass. ;_;

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

WTF Deb? ;_;

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Next season will be the last. I can smurfing believe it.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Wowww.

(SPOILER)Deb's character being put in that position and having to make that choice is so damn troutty. It makes for great TV so in that sense I'm not complaining, but jesus. Could've put her in a scene where she cuts off her own leg and it would've been less gruesome than that. I'm dying to know where they're gonna take her character next season and where all this is gonna end. But honestly, I'm more curious about how they're going to treat Deb's character than Dexter's next season.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yikes. I thought LaGuerta was going to reach for a gun and then Deb was going to shoot her... not for Deb to just blow her away. Holy crap. (Also, I like how a full dose of Dexter's Magic Serum (TM) knocks people out for hours, but a half-dose manages about 10 minutes).

I agree with Psy; I had the same feeling he did that next season could be the last. I have no idea how Deb is going to handle having murdered LaGuerta. And then there's the issue of LaGuerta having been killed by Deb's service weapon, which will be tough to cover up.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suspected that Deb would either do what she did or that Dexter would slit Laguerta's throat before she had a chance to react. When he put down the knife I was like wait...what? The whole season I thought was partly about how serial killers like Hannah or Dexter will stop at nothing to protect themselves. That's weird to me and next season is just going to be even weirder.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Season 8 was confirmed to be the last some time ago, no need for hunches. Which I'm happy with. 8 seasons is more than enough, and despite a few lackluster seasons it's held very high quality comparatively and will hopefully end that way.

I'm still struggling to think of a way they can ever let Deb be even a little bit okay with this.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Anyone else catch the "in light of the school shooting we are informing you this show is of a graphic nature"? It's nice that they did that. A part of me also thought "Who's sitting here watching the Dexter season finale and unaware of the shows contents".

I think this was the season of the show I most enjoyed so far. Don't want to wait for a year! It definitely kept me interested the whole way through. And here I was at the start of the season thinking "the last episode will have Isaac laying on Dexters table". I was way off, and glad that this season keeps you guessing.

It will be interesting to see if Hannah plays a role next season or if her role in this episode implied she was going to leave town. Hope there's nothing wrong with the flower she gave Dexter. And why did she bite his lip to the point where it bled?

And can I just say I'm glad that we didn't end in a cliffhanger like last season? The suspense would have killed me.

it was just adventuros season to look up at i really enjoyed it watching....

Terrible season. What a meh ending. LaGuerta doesn't call for back up to catch Dexter red-handed? It's just sooo stupid. There's nothing intricate in the storytelling for this season. It's all just this happens and then this happens and then this. Hannah got away from 2 cops who were distracted by a random freakin' new patient? Ridiculous. No real villains. Dexter didn't grow at all throughout either, just in like 2 episodes with Hannah. Even the troutty Lumen season was more interesting with the 5 villains.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

A couple more thoughts.

-I also wonder why after Dexter made the guy talk to LaGuerta on the phone, that she decided to go alone?

-It will be interesting to see what kind of role Batista plays next season. LaGuerta has suspicions about Dexter and she magically disappears? Maybe he'll decide to not quite retire yet after all. It will be interesting to see how everyone handles that.

-Even though I'm glad there wasn't a cliffhanger, I think a great cliffhanger would be the point right before Deb shot LaGuerta. You might have had to wait a whole other year to see what she decides to do