Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Street Rage

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default High Street Rage

Working in a big city has its advantages but NOT one of them is walking down the main shopping street in order to get to work. It seems that there are a ridiculous amount of irritating obstacles that have been put there for the sole purposes of getting on my tits. Here are a few examples.

Charity Muggers - I was once accosted by four of these in five minutes which resulted in me telling a 'Friend of the Earth' to "get smurfed". I did feel bad about this though...
    People - People that stop right in front of you, people that attack you with umbrellas, people that gather round a particularly talented street performer and don't allow you to pass.
    Children - They randomly wander into your path resulting in you tripping into them. They cry. Their parents give you an angry stare.

Do you experience High Street Rage?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Angry

YES.

I get it really bad in the shopping centres too.

PEOPLE WHO MEANDER ABOUT ON ESCALATORS!!!
    No, it's fine, it's not like I'm trying to get up/down there, please, continue to stand around and clutter the entrance.

And for that matter, people who smurfing stand in doorways. SMURF OFF OUT OF THE WAY.

And people with prams/pushchairs are in a class of their own.
    Hmph

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    people with prams/pushchairs are in a class of their own.
    Oh my good God... this. They think they own the smurfing street.

Also, there are certain places you JUST CAN'T GO, YOU CRETINS!!! Don't bring your pram into a tiny shop with barely enough room to walk in. Don't bring your pram round the Christmas Markets when it is jam-packed with people...

AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

This stuff isn't limited to high streets. I can't even begin to describe the rage boiling up inside of me at the thought of people stopping randomly, assaulting me with umbrellas, blocking escalators despite their entire smurfing purpose being to increase the speed of travel, etc. I will kill someone.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think the high street is a purely British phenomenon. Seriously, smurf chuggers.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ramisese Rububba the Third View Post
    People - people that attack you with umbrellas
    Has this ever actually happened to anyone in the history of the universe? I mean, the wind is enough to damage an umbrella, why would anybody further decrease the useful life of an umbrella by using it as an assault weapon?

How does attacking someone with an umbrella work? Do they have it tucked into their belt and walk around town looking for someone who appears to be in a hurry, then tear it out and shout "Have at thee!" and attempt to stab you in the crotch with it?

I have an alternate theory: Perhaps you've never actually been assaulted with an umbrella -- perhaps you're simply insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    people stopping randomly, assaulting me with umbrellas...
    Yep, definitely insane.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Well Bleys, there's two methods I know of.

Majority of the time, it's an attack by someone shorter than you are (so ladies, especially, pay attention.)

If it's not raining at the moment, some people like to carry their umbrella around across their shoulder like it's a rifle. This is also the same person who will stop randomly so you walk into the back of their umbrella and lose an eye.

This person also likes to back into a crowded shop/elevator/subway and then proceed to turn 180-360 degrees, attempting to achieve the maximum amount of ocular damage possible to those around them. Bonus points for being on a cell phone, because they cast rude looks at the person screaming in pain because they were just jabbed in the neck with an umbrella. You're being loud and they're trying to talk on the phone!

Method two involves the umbrella being deployed into it's "attack foil" position, for maximum blood letting. The metal rods at the end of the umbrella became skewers seeking out eyes, hoop earings, necklaces, nostrils, and a myriad of other options.

The shorter person is oblivious to the carnage going on above them as the umbrella acts as a sheild from all the blood and gasps of agony as those around them are eviscerated in different manners.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Try working on the world's busiest high street for over 5 years on a full time 5 days in 7 basis and then having to go down there because your friends either want to party in central or you need to get something and the only damn place you've seen it is on smurfing Oxford Street. I swear down now, I'm totally surprised that I have never gone supernova and ripped a geothermal borehole out of the earth in Oxford Street with my bare smurfing hands. Working in Kingston is fairly ok, I get off the train and once I cross the triple carriageway road (no not a motorway, but it does feed in to one eventually) I've got like 200 yards to go and only 50 of them are on a narrow pavement where people can attack me with umbrellas.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    the world's busiest high street
    HOUSE! HOUSE!

(Iceglow bingo, for the uninitiated)

Blog Entries

My strategy with chuggers is to keep walking and tell them that I'm a vegetarian.

there was a picture here

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I push people with umbrellas out of the way. Same with anybody not paying attention to where they're going. Screw you, you bunch of nonces, you don't qualify for courtesy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Yesterday when I arrived at the hospital carrying A LARGE BAG, the elevator opened. This bitch was ENCOURAGING her kids to get on. I was like, "Uh, no." And basically pushed my way through and hit her kids and her with my bag.

DO PEOPLE NOT REALIZE THE PROPER ELEVATOR ETIQUETTE IS TO ALWAYS STAND TO THE SIDE INSTEAD OF IN FRONT OF THE DOORS AND LET THE PEOPLE COMING OFF GET OF BEFORE YOU GET ON?????
    God. This. I work in a hospital, so I know.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Well Bleys, there's two methods I know of.

Majority of the time, it's an attack by someone shorter than you are (so ladies, especially, pay attention.)

If it's not raining at the moment, some people like to carry their umbrella around across their shoulder like it's a rifle. This is also the same person who will stop randomly so you walk into the back of their umbrella and lose an eye.

This person also likes to back into a crowded shop/elevator/subway and then proceed to turn 180-360 degrees, attempting to achieve the maximum amount of ocular damage possible to those around them. Bonus points for being on a cell phone, because they cast rude looks at the person screaming in pain because they were just jabbed in the neck with an umbrella. You're being loud and they're trying to talk on the phone!

Method two involves the umbrella being deployed into it's "attack foil" position, for maximum blood letting. The metal rods at the end of the umbrella became skewers seeking out eyes, hoop earings, necklaces, nostrils, and a myriad of other options.

The shorter person is oblivious to the carnage going on above them as the umbrella acts as a sheild from all the blood and gasps of agony as those around them are eviscerated in different manners.
    I don't have this problem, because I don't live on the Benny Hill Show.

You're all mad.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I just drive everywhere.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Slow walkers irritate me, but that's about it.