Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exercise

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I walk a lot. That's my work out and when it gets warm I swim in my pool. Sometimes I will also lift up my dog and carry her around. She's fat.

Been doing interval training. Tough but super effective...Just 30 mins of cardio every day or two

Also minimal sugar and no pastries, minimal bread..WATER and booze/beer once in a blue moon.

two fruit/three or four vegetables a day

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm a midnight vigilante known as Le Bard. I fight crime. That keeps in shape, but you can't tell anyone.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hundred push up challenge is always my benchmark. I do press ups, sit ups, dips and bodyweight squats. I intend to add pull ups when I can find something to pull up on, and weighted squats when my life is stable enough that buying some weights would be a good investment.

I recommend that sort of exercise to everyone. A lot of women believe this will make them look like big, buff men, but it's not true. Anybody doing any exercise should always include press ups and squats, because they're pretty much the most perfect a single technique can get xD. The dips are more for toning than strength, and the situps are, of course, to destroy the beer (read food) gut.

I wouldn't get too anal about food. Vivi's advice is good, but focusing too much on that stuff can really bog a person down in the beginning and put you right off. I still don't bother with it, to be honest. You can pretty much drop carbs entirely. We're not cavemen and we don't need to store for the winter, so carbs are all but useless and can simply be replaced by protein. Eat fruit and vegetables, doesn't matter which, eat eggs and lentils (if you like lentils) and meat. Eat extra protein before and after exercise. As I've said before, my calorie intake goes up to about 4000 every time I have a cycling day.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I'm just sort of wondering if I'm expecting too much too soon when it comes to exercise?
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, though I did just wake up (literally 5 minutes ago) and the brains a bit foggy.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everybody expects too much too soon when it comes to exercise. xD

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

10 lbs. sounds kind of low for 8 weeks after starting out, but everyone is different and 10 lbs. lost is 10 lbs. lost. Had you cut out most sugar, starches and grains in that time? Eating plenty of protein? If you were swimming a lot you might have gained a decent amount of muscle mass as well which can skew the scales a bit. When I originally started at the local CrossFit gym a few years ago I didn't lose a pound in the first three months or so, but my clothes were fitting better, my pants fit around my waist like I'd lost 20 and I was noticeably leaner. I had obviously kept up pound for pound in muscle gain with the fat loss. It's one of the reasons that I take how I look physically and how my clothes are fitting as more important than the number on the scale. Scales don't measure fat loss which is the goal. Not just weight loss.

Point is, if things are going in the direction you want, but not necessarily the speed you expected, it could either be that you just can't lose any faster, or we need to tweak things a bit. That's the thing about diet and exercise; you need to find what works and tweak and experiment with things to improve it further.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That would be a good idea. I don't trust scales and they tend to make people place more importance on losing weight rather than losing the right weight. But if you're losing inches and your body composition is changing then that's what you want to see regardless of what the scale has to say on the matter. Barring actually getting you body fat measured every so often that's probably the best way to go.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't steer clear of scales entirely; I still weigh myself at least once a week to gauge progress in appearance against actual weight fluctuations.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I usually just fondle myself all over to check my appearance. Way more fun than scales.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think she's quite up to that level yet.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think she's well past it, myself.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I don't exercise.

But I have never in my life had a job that didn't involve copious amounts of walking around and heavy lifting and that sort of thing so I sort of get exercise through work.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

My job involves large amounts of sitting on my buttocks infront of the computer. Going to the gym afterward for me is actually quite a cathartic way of unwinding and getting rid of the pent up stress of the day. Finding I'm generally more happier now than I was when I'd just head home and eat comfort food in front of the TV/computer.

(saying that I've been slacking an awful lot with it latey...)

Blog Entries

I am the laziest person ever.
    I eat horribly, smoke and drink alcohol excessively.
    And I have stayed the same weight for about 10 years now. Seems to be working for me

I should note that I'm usually around 155lbs at 6'1".
    Last edited by escobert; 10-23-2012 at 12:27 AM.