Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Distant Worlds Concert

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    There might still be some tickets, they sent an email out last week I think saying they were running low... it's at the Edinburgh Playhouse.
    Told Mr Shauna about it. He's buying tickets ASAP. xD Maybe we could meet beforehand and have dinner or something. :3

EDIT: Well, he has bought tickets. See you next weekend. xD
    Last edited by Shauna; 10-24-2012 at 10:52 PM.

I'll be going to the upcoming 25th Anniversary show in Chicago. This will be my 7th (or 8th if you count the day night double header separately) show dating back to Dear Friends in 2005. It had almost come to the point of being routine since the set list doesn't vary too wildly. But the upcoming show boasts a bunch of new music and some re-arrangements.

I'm most excited for the Opera Scene, since they promised a new composition of it for the show. The first time I saw it live, it blew me away. The Opera singers they had at that show in Chicago in 2008 (I think) were fantastic. And the singer performing Ralse's part was particularly into his piece. He mocked a throw-down of his sheet music at the "Then we duel!" part.

Only did the meet and greet once, as it was part of the limited Chamber Music show earlier this year. Got all my programs signed, still haven't figured out how to display them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka View Post
    I'll be going to the upcoming 25th Anniversary show in Chicago. This will be my 7th (or 8th if you count the day night double header separately) show dating back to Dear Friends in 2005. It had almost come to the point of being routine since the set list doesn't vary too wildly. But the upcoming show boasts a bunch of new music and some re-arrangements.

I'm most excited for the Opera Scene, since they promised a new composition of it for the show. The first time I saw it live, it blew me away. The Opera singers they had at that show in Chicago in 2008 (I think) were fantastic. And the singer performing Ralse's part was particularly into his piece. He mocked a throw-down of his sheet music at the "Then we duel!" part.

Only did the meet and greet once, as it was part of the limited Chamber Music show earlier this year. Got all my programs signed, still haven't figured out how to display them.
    I'm not sure if they offerred the meet and greet for the Malaysia concert. You're so lucky! I hope they get good singers for their shows this year.

If only I lived in the US or in Europe even, I'd probably make it a point to go to an FF concert every year.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Was reading on the Distant Worlds website about the concert in London next week:

'The program is full of premieres, classics and wildcards, including…
    FINAL FANTASY IV: Battle With Four Fiends (Uematsu)
    FINAL FANTASY V: Main Theme (Uematsu)
    FINAL FANTASY VI: The Phantom Forest (Uematsu)
    FINAL FANTASY XI: Vana'diel March (Mizuta)
    FINAL FANTASY XII: The Dalmasca Estersand (Sakimoto)
    PLUS: Nobuo Uematsu's new version of FINAL FANTASY VI: Opera "Maria & Draco" and other beloved classics such as FINAL FANTASY VII: One Winged Angel and FINAL FANTASY X: Zanarkand – and new SURPRISE MEDLEYS!'

"Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Battle with Four Fiends is one I've been hoping they'd do. There is also supposed to be some new merchandise and special lobby displays for the show. I'll be taking a ton of pictures for sure with those. I'll be in the balcony for the first time, we always bought floor seats before. Hoping it brings a new appreciation for the show. I didn't know at the time how different it was going to be.

I'm just fortune to live in the Chicago suburbs. Arnie Roth is a local boy so I imagine that has to factor into why we've had at least one every year since 2008. The only exception being 2010, because the Ravinia canceled it. I still have the tickets for that show too.... :P

If you get the chance and can afford the extra money, the meet and greet is fantastic. They were both very talkative and appreciative of everyone, and we chit chatted briefly about all the shows. Uematsu himself shook my hand twice. A buddy and I that have gone to all these shows went to check out the Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses show a few nights ago. Great venue, high production value. But the music itself just doesn't compare. Only got me more excited for the Distant Worlds show. You will have a great time, especially if it's your first time at one.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I've never been, though I'm disappointed that they're coming to the UK and I wasn't aware of the fact. Sadly nowhere near me as I'm probably close to smack bang in the middle between Edinburgh and London. I've listened to some songs from them online and it looks like it'd be a great experience. I've been to a few classical music concerts which have been fantastic, and I think it'd be even better to go to one of these.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordKefka View Post
    Battle with Four Fiends is one I've been hoping they'd do. There is also supposed to be some new merchandise and special lobby displays for the show. I'll be taking a ton of pictures for sure with those. I'll be in the balcony for the first time, we always bought floor seats before. Hoping it brings a new appreciation for the show. I didn't know at the time how different it was going to be.

I'm just fortune to live in the Chicago suburbs. Arnie Roth is a local boy so I imagine that has to factor into why we've had at least one every year since 2008. The only exception being 2010, because the Ravinia canceled it. I still have the tickets for that show too.... :P

If you get the chance and can afford the extra money, the meet and greet is fantastic. They were both very talkative and appreciative of everyone, and we chit chatted briefly about all the shows. Uematsu himself shook my hand twice. A buddy and I that have gone to all these shows went to check out the Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses show a few nights ago. Great venue, high production value. But the music itself just doesn't compare. Only got me more excited for the Distant Worlds show. You will have a great time, especially if it's your first time at one.
    Now I'm wishing I live in Chicago. Haha. I think I'd spazz and die of happiness if Nobuo-sensei shakes my hand.

Yeah, I heard about those merchandise they'll be selling during the show. My wallet is ready >. Music-wise, I've always been in awe of the depth of the FF scores. I haven't listened to much game scores lately though so I need to broaden my music library if I'm to make comparisons. Legend of Zelda also has a beautiful score in general but some people don't like the 'elfin' sound running through it.

Only makes me more excited for my first concert. I hope to be able to watch it in Japan before they close the show

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

yah i went a little bit ago
    it was great

so another album to get after going this friday then!
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Great concert in London last night - though I wish I'd gone last year now!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    Great concert in London last night - though I wish I'd gone last year now!
    I wanted to go to the London concert but it was kinda outof my league, haha. 2 weeks more and I'll be experiencing it first hand. Yaaaay!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Chocobo medley. That is all.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It was pretty damned awesome.

Hope they come back to the 'burgh again next year!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Was awesome, yeah. Sarah Calloway has an amazing voice, and while I never was all that keen on the opera scene / music in FFVI, hearing it with proper opera singers with a full orchestra made it arguably the best song of the evening. Goosebumps!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

What did they play in the Edinburgh show? If you guys got Liberi Fatali then I curse you all!