Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Team Fortress 2 is unbelievably dull. I'm glad I uninstalled it, along with its many millions of pointless hats.

The original Killzone is a solid and engaging game. Despite its bugs, it's superior to its sequels due to its characters, writing and diverse environments.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFVI, while great, is not deserving of much of the praise it gets.

Also, Pike is a troutbag who deserves to be destroyed. I damn near warned your post, woman.

I find every Rockstar game since Vice City terrible because of the ridiculous one-man-army-but-we-will-hold-your-hand-the-whole-time gameplay. Red Dead takes the cake in this, garbage.

Japan is still more progressive in game design than Western developers are.

Gaming is all about evoking emotion made possible by interacting with the environment. A lot of AAA titles fail to be games because they restrict or guide the interaction part too much.

The Uncharted series is ridiculously guilty of this and are therefore I find them really titty games and won't play them even if I'd get paid to do so.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Shadow of the Colossus is a completely trout game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    State unpopular opinions you have.

• This console generation has been very weak.
    Wait, that's not unpopular, that's practically fact!

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Playing games like Dark Souls, that are designed to be unforgivingly difficult for the sake of it isn't my idea of fun.

I don't understand how the FPS genre became so popular because whether you're playing COD, BF, Medal Of Honor or whatever it's all the same.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought BioShock was boring to play too, but I did really like the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    I find every Rockstar game since Vice City terrible because of the ridiculous one-man-army-but-we-will-hold-your-hand-the-whole-time gameplay. Red Dead takes the cake in this, garbage.
    Red Dead Redemption is an amazing game and proves that main character doesn't have invincibility. He also certainly isn't a one man army. You can't just run out and try shooting everything or you'll get killed pretty fast. Ducking and covering is a must if you're not partnered up with someone.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

- I liked Mass Effect 2 more than the first one.
    - World of Warcraft reached its peak during Ulduar.
    - Dragon Quest VIII is the last quality game released by Square-Enix.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Perfect Dark was better than Goldeneye, and the former deserves as much praise as the latter.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    I would love to dissect your brain to see if there is some sort of clot or structural defect which could explain how you can be so unbelievably wrong.

But no, seriously, I would love to see your rationalization of this belief. My mind is absolutely boggled by the assertion that the 3D Zelda's are better than the 2D ones to say nothing of hating them all to begin with. I have to wonder if you're slightly aphasic and are simply using the wrong words.
    They're boring and not fun. It's not like I dislike the genre, Alundra is an amazing game and I still love it today. The 3D ones are better because there is actually SOME fun to be had with them. Actually Wind Waker is almost good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Shadow of the Colossus is a completely trout game.
    Get. Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Red Dead Redemption is an amazing game and proves that main character doesn't have invincibility. He also certainly isn't a one man army. You can't just run out and try shooting everything or you'll get killed pretty fast. Ducking and covering is a must if you're not partnered up with someone.
    The cover system doesn't change the fact that the majority of the missions involves single handedly killing an amount of goons in greater numbers than the population of the entire settlement you're "protecting". It's all about subtlety. The first time you try out that shiny revolver on some goon's head it might be fun, but it loses it's mojo real quick when a game throws a 100 more of the same mindless apes at you in the same mission. And another 100 the next.

Blog Entries

Since just about every opinion I have on everything is unpopular we'll just go with
    GW/GW2> WoW
    Consoles suck
    Call of Duty is for noobs

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Skyrim is better than Oblivion. (But neither is as good as Morrowind.)

World of Warcraft is currently the best it's ever been. Also Blizzard has never made a bad game, possibly excepting Diablo 3.

The original Halo was a great game.

Bioware hasn't been good in years.

(SPOILER)FF9 and FF12 are both overrated
    Bah! Blizzard hasn't made a good game since D2!
    Halo will forever live in the shadow of Marathon.
    bioware still makes games? Could have fooled me!
    FFVII and tactics are the only worthwhile FFs anyways
    Last edited by Jiro; 10-25-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    State unpopular opinions you have.
    Ok, cool, sounds like fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy
    • This console generation has been very weak.
    • "Gritty and realistic" FPS's get a pass too much.
    • Storyrtelling and stories themselves have declined in quality.
    • The overall mindset, trends, and zeitgeist of the gaming industry and culture has made me very, very cynical about the medium's future.

Have you read the comments section of any newspost from a major gaming site in the last five years?

Here we go:
    • The modern First Person Shooter is easier to control and more fun to play on console than it is on PC.
    • The PlayStation Portable has a better library than any handheld Nintendo has ever made.
    • Hironobu Sakaguchi was correct when he said that Final Fantasy VI was a puppet show compared to Final Fantasy VII.
    • Digital Distribution is unfeasible as an exclusively sustainable business model.
    • The Call of Duty series has done more to move gaming forward culturally than any other series this generation.
    • Halo's poor imitation of Tribes and Unreal was the bottom of the shooter barrel in 2001, but its confused clinging to bullet-sponge mechanics and unintuitive controls have kept it falling further and further behind as the shooter genre continues to evolve with an array of superior titles ever year.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Have you read the comments section of any newspost from a major gaming site in the last five years?
    Pretty much. Gaming journalism is, for the most part, one huge inexcusably bad hype machine so I rarely visit them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    • The PlayStation Portable has a better library than any handheld Nintendo has ever made.
    Please justify this. Specifically, comparing it to the library of the GBA (all Gameboy and GBA games) and the DS (all GBA and DS games).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.