Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Post your EoFF History

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I hate most of you, most of you hate me. That's how it's been for the last decade plus.
    aww, c'mon Bertie, you've got some interesting stories!

Blog Entries

Hmmm I joined as a newb newb to this whole forum thingy and well the internet in general. I say it was 1999 but as you can see from my lying join date the staff says otherwise. I met some very interesting people in my first few years. face, Neel, DK, Vyk, Skotty, foa, Carny, DMKA, Joel, PGbutt, Mo Nercy, KB and a ton of others.

I was for a while the chat king, I led in every major category in stats but somehow still missed a ciddie! Speaking of which I did win two ciddies in one year I believe. I then met a girl on here and dated her for a few years. We broke up blah blah blah I've been on and off here for the last couple of years now.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

You can do better than that, Bert.

Cuch, conversely, cannot, so I'll do it for him:

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Universe Cuch
    In the beginning there was nothing, not even time
    No planets, no stars, no hip-hop, no rhyme

Then, in an apotheosis of light and fire, I arrived, raining destruction like a monsoon of blood and death; a harbinger of Armageddon; the very avatar of the End of Days.

None know from whence I came nor wherefore, but the forums would never be the same. Wherever there may be buttersnap troutsmurfery, wherever there be self-important wankers, yea indeed, wherever there may be those who think they are hot trout but are actually just trout, threre you'll find me, unleashing the furious phosphorescent wrath of a billion suns until at last, balance is restored to the Universe, God's in His Heaven, and all's right with the world.
    Cuch is going to have such a hate infarction when he reads this
    Last edited by Citizen Bleys; 10-29-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Somehow, Bleys, Cuch is going to ban you.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    Somehow, Bleys, Cuch is going to ban you.
    Yep.
    Popcorn?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The only way Cuch would be able to ban Bleys is by sucking up to someone on staff and that is not what Cuch is about. They'll settle their business like men.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Incorrect. Cuch will reach into the internet, through Bleys' monitor, and punch him in the face. That is how Cuch bans people.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro Jaggins
    They'll settle their business like men.
    Like men in tights? Tight tights?
    Figaro Castle

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Awww bleys doesn't hate me :3 that's sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    You can do better than that, Bert.

Cuch, conversely, cannot, so I'll do it for him:

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzaro Universe Cuch
    In the beginning there was nothing, not even time
    No planets, no stars, no hip-hop, no rhyme

Then, in an apotheosis of light and fire, I arrived, raining destruction like a monsoon of blood and death; a harbinger of Armageddon; the very avatar of the End of Days.

None know from whence I came nor wherefore, but the forums would never be the same. Wherever there may be buttersnap troutsmurfery, wherever there be self-important wankers, yea indeed, wherever there may be those who think they are hot trout but are actually just trout, threre you'll find me, unleashing the furious phosphorescent wrath of a billion suns until at last, balance is restored to the Universe, God's in His Heaven, and all's right with the world.
    Cuch is going to have such a hate infarction when he reads this
    au contraire. This does not entirely displease me. However, I'm aware that that was not your intention so you're still an over-qualified connoisseur of manberries. Next time I'll cut your face.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Aww, man, I wanted you to cut his face this time

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah! Vivi, do it again so that he'll cut your face.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    over-qualified connoisseur of manberries
    Lines like this are why I can't resist poking the bear.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Warning: another oldbie post...
    I’ve delayed posting in this thread because there’s just so much to say. I’ll try to summarize the highlights. I also refuse to look through old LJ entries or posts like BoB did, because then I will spend all goddamn day on this. This is just when I can remember off the top of my head.

I knew Sean from FFWA back in 1999, when I was 12-years-old. In December, he made an EzBoard, back when those were all the rage, and made an advertising thread about it on FFWA, the like of which is now prohibited here. I clicked, along with a bunch of other established FFWA-members who knew Sean, and we partied there until we became the largest FF-related EzBoard. Oh, and on my first day there Sean was looking for staff members and I posted in the FFT forum, which made me the moderator. Then came the Dark Times as I ruled that forum and all of The Highwind with an iron fist. I became a supermod a while later when we ditched the individual forum mod plan when the Cid’s Knights were born, and my power grew. I was feared throughout the land. At least, when I wasn’t too busy out-waiting BOU.

In January, EoFF was invited to another EzBoard, called the Gamer’s Alliance, which was a collection of FF-related EzBoards that were joining together to have a fun little forums-based ORPG. That is another story, but tGA had a major impact on both me and EoFF. I had a bunch of really good friends from EoFF and tGA, including Britt, Emerald Aeris, Jojo, krissy, among others. Dr Unne and I also started talking a lot in EoFF’s infamous old religion threads, which was very significant to my intellectual development.

At some point in… late spring/early summer 2000, Sean bought a UBB license (the big message board software before vB), and EoFF continued to grow. I bugged Sean to mod Britt, which may have been a mistake in hindsight. I was also posting all over the place: EoFF, FFWA, tGA, and various EoFF spinoff boards (Jojo’s NUT house, Heaven’s Well, etc.). By the end of 2000, however, I think I just got burned out and started growing bored with the internet in general, and I stopped coming online as frequently. I left EoFF staff and recommended this entertaining newbie called Kawaii Ryukishi to replace me because I saw him post a bunch in the FF forums, which Sean did to the surprise of pretty much everyone else, including Kishi.

Then I was kind of on-again/off-again with EoFF and the internet for the next couple of years. I’d come back after a few months and there’d be some entertaining hijinks (most notably BoB’s “OMG Some Oldbies Just Posted” thread in… 2002? 2003?), but EoFF had trouble maintaining my interest for more than 8-12 months or so at a time. I still had a lot of fun with the early elections and Ciddies. Sometime in 2003, Emerald Aeris bugs me to join LJ, which I basically just used to mock/rant about politics, religion, etc and post amusing internet humor. Basically the same trout I talk about now. I also posted some at FG and Aiyon, where I talked more with people like BoB, Yams, The Man, DocFrance, Doomgaze, Ally, etc.

Fast forward to 2005. I had been posting again regularly for a while, and entertained myself not uncommonly by giving the staff a hard time in the Feedback forum, which I fashioned as my own little kingdom. Between that and my arguments with quite literally insane people in EoEO (udsuna) and the old EotW (cloud no.9, Traitorfish), RSL told me I was mentioned so often in the staff forum that it would be boring without me. This led to some amusing campaigns with Lynx, most notably “RSL for Admin!” which eventually succeeded (it was all my doing, obviously). This also led to the staff’s 2005 April Fools prank, which was more or less targeted at me. While I found it hilarious, it made me realize that I needed a break from EoFF and needed to stop getting emotionally invested in forum drama. I also joined EoFF’s fantasy football league for the first time, which I now look forward to every year.

2006 was a fairly big year. Very early on I had my first online romantic interest with a very old friend, Emerald Aeris, which ended poorly. I got a 6-month EoEO ban for arguing in religion threads again, because the staff just loved me too much to permaban me from there (although this was my last EoEO ban, IIRC). Months later, Rye and I started sharing e-love cyberchats, the main result of which was BoB revealing himself to be the worst person to make up catchy nicknames in the history of the world (He really said “Ryest and Relaxraistlin” with a straight face). 2006 is also when I met my first EoFFers: Lynx and his then-girlfriend (now wife) Kalilung.

I don’t really remember much of 2007-2008. I still posted, but not as consistently. Late 2006/early 2007 was around when Unne created God Hates Fraggles, my favorite of EoFF’s spinoff boards, where I adminned for a couple of years. Between GHF and college, EoFF took a temporary backseat. GHF started to die after a couple of years, however, and eventually Unne closed shop.

This led me to start posting more in 2009, which was good because then I was able to take part in the second CK competition, which was great fun. It also reinvigorated my interest in EoFF, and I’ve been pretty active ever since. It also blessed EoFF with a certain picture of me that I’m sure most of EoFF has saved on their computers by now to enjoy during their private times. 2009 is also when I met Jojo for the first time, when I flew over to Illinois for a week. I’d become closer with her the past couple of years, and she remains my oldest friend. I started law school later this year, which was the start of everyone (read: PG) asking me every single law-related question that came to mind. Sometime this year (or maybe 2008), Unne and I started Stuff That Looks Like Jesus, which I updated intermittently throughout law school.

2010 was another significant year. I became pretty close with foa, Shorty, and Clo. I had seen the former two around here for years, of course, but we never really talked one-on-one before. I think both friendships happened with foa and Shorty randomly PMing me (separately), and before long we were talking a lot more. Most importantly, Del approached me about doing a possible April Fools prank, and we planned and pulled off my revenge prank on the staff for the 2005 prank, which was hilarious.

2011 was more of the same. I was posting pretty regularly, but not a whole lot significant happened that I can recall. 2012 is where things picked up, between the staff asking for some help with news, especially for FFXIV, and the latest CK competition. I originally looked into FFXIV just to help write a single news article back in the spring, and I became fascinated with its recent development and attempts at redeeming itself. I’ve since started playing FFXIV and writing a lot more about it. The CK competition was also vastly entertaining, as usual. Lately I’ve been busy between working constantly and other offline stuff (like a hurricane), but EoFF is still my online home and I check in whenever I have some spare time on a computer.

I actually agree with Bleys that EoFF’s community is currently as good as its ever been, and this is from two ridiculous oldbies prone to nostalgia. It probably helps that the average active user is no longer a 14-year-old angsty teenage drama whore.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 03-11-2013 at 02:55 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Bahaha, Ryest and Relaxraistlin! xD I completely forgot about that. I wouldn't say that was a nickname, just me taking the piss after someone dubbed you two R&R.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!