Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Three facts!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pink Grin Three facts!

Three random facts about ourselves!

1. I can roll my tongue in two different ways.
    2. I lost out on my goddamned 4th grade spelling bee from the word coercion and have hated the word ever since.
    3. I don't think I could own any other kind of dog than pit bulls ever again because I feel so strongly that they need more help than any other kind of breed and I want to be one to help them by giving them a loving home.

ready set go!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I had the coolest pinewood derby car EVER in cub scouts when I was six years old. It was all black with some red lightning bolt decals on the side and we had chrome paint for the rims on the wheels. I came in DEAD LAST and threw a tantrum and cried.

My senior year of high school, I held the district record for truancy due to my homeroom teacher's negligence and not having to actually accomplish anything for the last three months out of the year.

A friend of mine and I received a standing ovation and about forty high-fives at 1 AM in a karaoke bar for our performance of "Rock Lobster" by the B-52s.
    Last edited by Jowy; 11-01-2012 at 04:55 AM. Reason: i'm still pissed about the pinewood derby

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. I don't like my food touching.
    2. I don't match my socks.
    3. I'm learning to drive a manual transmission car.

Blog Entries

1. I don't eat cake or pastries because I can't stand the taste of them.
    2. I always get mistaken as a high school student even though I'm beyond the legal age already.
    3. I love pistachios, almonds, hazelnuts- well, you get the drift

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

1) I hate pizza, nascar, and football (the american version), and as such people I know tend to react with utter shock and usually end up passing out at how "un-american" I am.
    2) In the past year I've developed a passionate interest in... physics, self-enlightenment, politics, economics, martial arts, dance, yoga, meditation, roleplaying, weird-fiction (think lovecraft), and the list goes on. I'm basically overwhelmed by everything I'm interested in now. I want to do all of it!
    3) I threw a chair at my teacher and kicked the principle in the knee all in the same day of 1st or 2nd grade.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1. I, too, can roll my tongue in two different ways.
    2. I used to cagefight. I'm not sure that cagefight is acceptable as a verb, but I didn't do it often/professionally enough to consider myself a cagefighter.
    3. I am a phenomenal whistler.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

1. I'm convinced that by stepping on earthworms, i'll piss them all off and they will destroy the very ground underneath me and i'll some how get caught in some type of collapse and die. So I hop around, avoiding earthworms, when it rains.

2. I have an affinity for all things sorbet icecream.

3. I still am convinced sometimes that if I concentrate hard enough I can make an energy ball and kame-hame-ha it.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

1) I read on average, about 4-6 books a month. Everything ranging from non-fiction, biographies, contemporary fiction, fantasy, sci-fi, romance, young adult, classics, etc.
    2) Cilantro literally makes me want to vomit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    3. I don't think I could own any other kind of dog than pit bulls ever again because I feel so strongly that they need more help than any other kind of breed and I want to be one to help them by giving them a loving home.
    3) I feel the same way about the Jindo. I know pit bulls are unfairly maligned and prone to abuse, but there are quite a few resources to help pit bulls while there is literally only two Jindo rescue and rehabilitation organizations in the entire United States. One in New York and one in Nevada. That's it. There are no others. And both are extremely small scale, run by only a handful of people. And Jindos are routinely used as guard dogs which means they're left chained up and isolated or prompted to aggression and then left to die in shelters. I feel like if I don't advocate for Jindos, there will really be very very few people who would.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

1. I can't roll my tongue
    2. Everyone thinks I'm 20-21 or so despite being 28 (29 next month). Possibly an improvement over when I was 20-21 and customers would ask how I was old enough to legally work.
    3. I taught myself to read and write when I was 2 1/2 years old. This is the only cool thing I have ever accomplished. Too bad I had to get it out of the way nice and early.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

1. I have been pierced approximately 32 times (that's counting everything, the times I've had to have work re-done, and the piercings that I got done and never lasted) but yes, I have been penetrated with 32 needles. I peaked at having 23 in at once, but in the past month I've had to take several out, so now I'm back into the teens.

2. I have been stung by a jellyfish dubbed by Spanish locals as 'the Medusa'. Even though I was spared by the jellyfish and it literally clipped me as it was swimming past, I then started screaming and going berserk when I was finally back on shore saying that EVERYONE SHOULD GET OUT OF THE SEA IT ISNT SAFE IT ISNT SAAFFEE!! my parents have never let me live it down.

3. I can't roll my tongue, whistle, click my fingers or do anything of the sort. I do, however, walk around on my tip toes.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    3. I still am convinced sometimes that if I concentrate hard enough I can make an energy ball and kame-hame-ha it.
    1. Not a bad place for me to start off. I still occasionally try with no measurable success. Someday maybe. Ditto for heat vision.

2. Since marrying my wife I have come to realize that I spent far more of my childhood learning to do things like roll my tongue different ways, make a variety of faces/raise a single eyebrow/curl my lips, and do a variety of colourful voices and sound effects than other children seem to have done. Sadly my Kermit has deteriorated over the years as my voice seemed to keep getting a bit deeper every year until well into my 20's.

3. I was able to talk in complete sentences quite early apparently (something like months before other children) and learned to walk before I learned to crawl. Admittedly, that last one wouldn't be that impressive were it not for my strutting around like a boss of a biped for months while other children were on all fours. Prior to learning how to walk I would shuffle across the floor on my butt.

Blog Entries

1. I was on the verge of becoming a junior wrestling champion, but then quit.

2. I've been a Della Reese fan for seventeen years.

3. Constantly living in the shadow of my dad.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

1) I did meteorology for a few years. I loved forecasting and observing weather, and creating weather briefings for aircraft. Unfortunately, with all the newer automated hubs, getting a job observing weather is fading away, and it's difficult to get on with the NWS.

2) I used to paint those little War Hammer miniatures. I would buy the figures/models, paint them whatever color the person wanted, and sell them to the person for price and a half.
    I've never actually played the game.

3)I used to think my first concert was The Bouncing Souls/Dropkick Murphys, but then one day I remembered my friend drug me to a DC Talk concert back in the 5th grade.

1. I will never trust a man who claims to prefer Plain M&M's to Peanut M&M's

2. I will probably try dog meat within the next month or two

3. I am in CHina and I have yellow fever

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

These are all things my girlfriend has said about me and I never let her live it down:
    <ol><li>I am always right</li><li>I am a saint</li><li>I piss excellence</li></ol>
    Figaro Castle