Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the most annoying boss fight you can think of?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Angry What is the most annoying boss fight you can think of?

That pinball one in Sonic CD comes to mind for me right away I'm sure I'll think of others soon enough.

Magic Master from Final Fantasy VI and Guardian from Chrono Trigger are the two that specifically come to mind.

For console RPGs, any boss that has an immunity element, a unit resurrection component, or an ultimate attack that one shots your entire party are pretty stupid.

For WoW: Illidari Council from Black Temple. Lady Vashj was also an annoyingly horrible fight.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Capra Demon.

Blog Entries

Solomon Grundy in Arkham City.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Articles
    Blog Entries

The Hanged Man in Persona 3 was annoying, but a good and tactical annoying.

Holoholo jungle bird (baten kaitos origins)

Took about an hour to beat =/

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Minerva (Crisis Core) Ignoring the fact that she has the highest health of any boss in any ff game ever, and that she takes an hour or two to beat using only costly punch; Minerva has a really cheap move she uses more and more often through the fight that not only is one of the most powerful attacks in the history of ff, but is unblockable, unavoidable, kills with 100% success rate if you don't deflect the blow, but also it renders all your phoenix down useless.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Anything with an instant death move
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like the game, but almost all the battles towards the end of FFXIII fall into this category by virtue of the battle system itself. The whole idea of staggering made these latter boss battles turn into extended wars of attrition, until you finally stagger them and knock their health down a tad, only to do it all again.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> If they count as a boss fight, Hamsters in Valkyrie Profile..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Shahdee (Battle on the ship at the start) in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Actually the biggest load of dicks for a game starter. I know of at least one person who died at that boss then put the game away forever.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Jinpachi in Tekken 5. "Round 1 FIGHT! You lose!" in 5 seconds, 5 million times in a row. Only controller I ever broke, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Shahdee (Battle on the ship at the start) in Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Actually the biggest load of dicks for a game starter. I know of at least one person who died at that boss then put the game away forever.
    I also kept dying at that point and haven't played the game since.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    I like the game, but almost all the battles towards the end of FFXIII fall into this category by virtue of the battle system itself. The whole idea of staggering made these latter boss battles turn into extended wars of attrition, until you finally stagger them and knock their health down a tad, only to do it all again.
    Along that same vein, Orphan's progenitorial wrath move. Seriously, I hate instant death moves, especially if they hit your party leader and connects

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Vesper and Decus from Star Ocean 2. I'm a pretty god damn good player of that game, I've spent more time than is healthy with it, and I can handle damned near anything else including the final boss just fine. But those guys? Unless I plan perfectly they will wreck all of the trout.

"BURNNNN TO DEATH!"

e; Also Tarnesh. Once you know how the game works he's no big unless you get bad rolls (but that's the way of things). First time you roll on into the Friend Arm Inn, with all of Imoen, Montaron, and Xzar at your side? He's gonna pop Mirror Image, fear your guys, and break you upon his body.
    Last edited by Madame Adequate; 11-11-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Also Tarnesh. Once you know how the game works he's no big unless you get bad rolls (but that's the way of things). First time you roll on into the Friend Arm Inn, with all of Imoen, Montaron, and Xzar at your side? He's gonna pop Mirror Image, fear your guys, and break you upon his body.
    Most Baldur's Gate bosses are really hard, but never feel unfair. Except for him. His HP is ridiculously low, but Mirror Image makes him that much harder to hit, plus he causes Moral Failure and throws spells completely beyond your level at you. It's bulltrout.

Now I know to just cast Magic Missile before he gets his first spell off which helps, but even then you have very little tools to use against him.