Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Things You Were Terrified Of As a Kid

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I was stung by bees a few times as a kid with no real provocation, so for a while I was terrified of bees. I've since gotten over it, but I still hate wasps.
    Fear of bees is irrational; hatred of wasps is natural.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Uncle Frank.

Luckily, he's in prison now.

The dirk.

Blog Entries

Christopher Walkin(or however you spell his name), Great Danes, Aliens, Tornadoes, idk just random stuff like that.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Aliens is one for me too.

Heck anytime I stumble across a UFO story or some other thing about declassified military documents that links to YouTube videos - this always happens in the dead of night just before I'm about to go to bed and suddenly I get terrified of every little shadow. Like the other night I was googling to see if NASA had announced what the Curiosity's big discovery was and of course this ended up going into Alien territory... as I was going to bed I could've sworn I saw something run past the patio door.

Which brings me onto an irrational belief I've had since childhood:

My quilt cover will protect me from anything. Provided I am in bed wrapped up in it - nothing can harm me!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    My quilt cover will protect me from anything. Provided I am in bed wrapped up in it - nothing can harm me!
    Oh brilliant. To make this even better, I have a row of teddy bears (Yes, still) and it just makes me feel much safer!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

The dark, tornados, tornado sirens, spiders, that emergency broadcast system noise, but probably most of all: the ceiling vents in public bathrooms. I would not go in the bathroom by myself, and I would not use the stall directly under the vent. If I did, something would come out of it and eat me. The fear was so bad that I walked into a kmart bathroom when I was about 6 and the only available stall was the one under the vent. A lady that was waiting for her child saw me standing there trying not to pee myself and informed me that the stall was free. "No, I'll wait, I don't like that stall." I was THIS close to peeing myself but one of the stalls freed up so I ran my ass in there and had dribbled a little but mostly my pants were still dry. I was probably 12 before that fear went away.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Monsters and the bully from my classroom..
    (what a puny kid)
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

FFXIV Character

Nu Enhasa (Gilgamesh)

I was definitely afraid of many things due to my over-active imagination as a kid. I think what I'm about to say takes the cake though. When I was younger, I was deathly afraid of flushing the toilet. Every time, I would take care of business, clean myself up, get the door open, stretch my hand as far as it would go to reach the toilet handle, flush and run like hell! Oh, and the reason I went through this maddening ritual on a daily basis was because I was afraid of the witch that would rise out of the toilet to kill me.

When I was younger I was scared of the opening to the X files. The combination of that music and the distorted face that appears in it. D: Aside from that I Don't remember much else to be scared about.

The clown from IT. THAT CLOWN WAS SO TERRIFYING D:

I was scared to go to the bathroom cause of that clown. It is so evil, so vulgar.

I also thought that my toys were alive, thanks to Toy Story. It didn't scare me though. The thought of throwing my broken toys away and them being mauled by other weird, broken, monster toys, did.

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

For some reason, I was never scared of clowns, even Pennywise. Maybe it's because I was an avid watcher of Bozo's Big Top as a kid. I don't even know.

But I remember a WWF show came on once when I was little. I began screaming/crying and was feebly pressing buttons on the TV to turn it off. For a while, I guess I was scared of wrestlers. O_o

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

I never had a big fear of wrestlers. Probably cause I attented a small, local amateur wrestler ring as a child. It was pathetic to watch. It looked so fake. I never got over how bad it was.

As for clowns... IT should burn. Never had much experience with them before IT so I suppose that makes sense.

Blog Entries

I forgot to add.. woody woodpecker and Bozo the clown (Bob Bell)