Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Ciddies XXIII: Nominations closed - check back soon!

Get me some wine. Recognized Member Queen Award, First of Her Name's Avatar

Default Ciddies XXIII: Nominations closed - check back soon!

Ciddies: The Official EoFF Awards!

Oh, damn, it's so good to be back! Gotta say, going two Ciddies events without making an appearance was really tough for me. I'm just glad that Award Qu and Award Bot gave you all such a good time while I was away! They really did the Ciddies justice and then some. Meanwhile, I had to spend my time helping out other people, but I have to admit it was nice to be appreciated for reasons other than handing out Ciddies. Not that I didn't hand them out in a different way... so, with that said, who wants an award!? It's time for Eyes on Final Fantasy to celebrate the past six months and reward those who have spent their time here during that period. I know, I know, you're all busy trying to think of what question to ask me first about my time away from the place, but I'm sure you all appreciate that I'm here for business as well as pleasure. And it's my pleasure to do this business!

So let's break it down simple: Private Message (Mognet Message) me with your nominations for the below awards. You can nominate EoFF members for up to ten awards, and you can nominate two members for each of them (obviously two pairs for Cutest Couple / Most Likely To Get Together). If you're confused about any awards, see the details / rules at the end of the thread, but if I can't accept a nomination for any reason I'll be sure to PM you back with details of why.

1. Best Member
    2. Best Male [must actually be male]
    3. Best Female [must actually be female]
    4. Best Admin/Dev/Tech Admin [automated, don't bother nominating]
    5. Best Cid's Knight [automated, don't bother nominating]
    6. Best Editor [automated, don't bother nominating]
    7. Best Recognized Member/Former Staff
    8. Best Veteran [person who registered between 1999 and 2007 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
    9. Best Regular [person who registered between 2008 and 2011 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
    10. Best Newbie [person who registered in 2012 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
    11. Sexiest Male [must actually be male]
    12. Sexiest Female [must actually be female]
    13. Cutest Male [must actually be male]
    14. Cutest Female [must actually be female]
    15. Best Custom Rank
    16. Best Avatar
    17. Best Signature
    18. Best Artist
    19. Best Writer
    20. Best Poster
    21. Best #eoff Chatter
    22. Best Blogger/Article Writer
    23. Best Thread
    24. Best Post
    25. Nicest Member
    26. Evilest Member
    27. Funniest Member
    28. Weirdest Member
    29. Most Missed Member
    30. Most Influential Member
    31. Most Mysterious Member
    32. Most Underrated Member
    33. Biggest Final Fantasy Fangirl
    34. Most Helpful Member
    35. Cutest Couple

Most Likely To...
    36. Be the Next Cid's Knight/Editor
    37. Get Banned
    38. Win a Ciddie for the very first time [see this list for those who have already won a Ciddie]
    39. Give it all up to become a cross-dressing pirate
    40. Put on a clown costume and destroy the world
    41. Start an eco-terrorism cell
    42. Be the Triple Triad Club's Ace
    43. Be loyal to a fault
    44. Be a physical manifestation of our collective imagination
    45. Believe Ondore's lies
    46. Make disturbingly erotic grunts whenever doing everyday tasks
    47. Sacrifice himself to save the world
    48. Be Fighter
    49. Be Black Mage
    50. Get Together

Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than three awards, and any other member for no more than ten awards.
    Rule #2 - You can nominate up to two different people for each award (two pairs for Cutest Couple / MLT Get Together)
    Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them to me, Award Guy!

Rule #4 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig - unless you remove them at some time during the Ciddies.
    Rule #5 - You can change your avatar, custom rank and/or sig during nominations and finals. This shouldn't cause any major issues, as you can only earn what awards you receive, be the votes late or early, that's your problem.
    Rule #6 - You can only be nominated/voted for one of the 'rank-categorized-awards'. Best Admin, Cid's Knight and Developer have automatic entry for all of the obvious included members.
    Rule #7 - You can't nominate a male for any Ciddie with the word 'female' in it, and you can't nominate a female for any Ciddie with the word 'male' in it. If it doesn't have 'male' or 'female' in it, you can nominate a member of either gender.
    Rule #8 - People who are NOT currently couples shouldn't be voted as Cutest Couple - this is for people who ARE already couples. Likewise, people who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.
    Rule #9 - Nominations for Ciddie #38 must NOT be past Ciddies winners.
    Rule #10 - You may only nominate people who have been active since 16th June 2012, and posts/threads made after the same date.

*deep breath*

To answer some frequently asked questions...
    Also - PM your nominations before the closing date: Currently, this is expected to be 30th November 2012.
    Also - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising. You are free to make a "For Your Consideration" thread for that.
    Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
    Also - Changes/additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
    Also - Again, when nominating, please think not of overall, but purely of the last six months. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurrences of the last six months!
    Also - The Cutest Couple award does not count into the five nominations for another member of your choice, or your self-nominations.
    Also - All nominations are strictly confidential. In addition to that - You cannot publically post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread can be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
    Also - In general, to be nominated into the second round for an award, a member needs to obtain two nominations in that award. Should eight members all receive three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members receiving four nominations each, and so on. The only exception to this rule will be if only 1-3 members will be cut, meaning it's not worth the change. This rule may be stricter due to the rule change to allow two nominations per award. In general, the nominations will be cut so that no more than 7 or 8 members (or couples) are nominated for each award (Best Member being a possible exception).
    Also - I hold the right to reject any nominations/votes for any reason, most often this is that the member hasn't been active in the forums in the past six months.
    Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST.
    Also - Award Guy, Election Booth and second accounts are only allowed to be voted for the MLT (Most Likely To...) and Profile (Custom Title, Avatar, Signature) Ciddies.
    Also - Banned members are only allowed to be voted for the Best Chatter and Most Missed Member Ciddies.
    Also - If a member belongs to more than one group (e.g. Recognized Member AND Veteran) then they are eligible ONLY for the first of those groups to appear in the list. This covers Ciddies for Best Admin, Cid's Knight, Recognized Member/Former Staff, Veteran, Regular and Newbie, but Developer/Editor is the exception.
    Also - Let's keep it fun. GO! Nominate!

And to those who never nominated in the past when you could have...
    Your sisters were amazing.
    Last edited by Queen Award, First of Her Name; 11-24-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Ooo, I can't wait. I love award ceremonies!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pffff as if. I can barely remember the names of everyone.

Or I could just nominate the 4 people I do know for everything.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Blog Entries

Ooh, this is exciting!

But filling out each category is always a task!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

This is probably going to be the first Ciddies that I actually put down two nominations for each Ciddie. I think I kept forgetting the last couple of times! But this time. THIS TIME! I remember.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Congrats to all the winners.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Faris for Best Male! Lockhearted promised it would be my first Ciddie!

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Blog Entries

There should be a category for best Rep Commenter. We should recognise the people who write good rep comments since we cant rep rep comments
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Well, you can't spell her name, so with that in mind I'm going to inform the world that you are not actually a guy. Now that I think about it, though, you're a shoe-in for a certain MLT!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    Well, you can't spell her name, so with that in mind I'm going to inform the world that you are not actually a guy. Now that I think about it, though, you're a shoe-in for a certain MLT!
    I can't speell anything correctlie. Sorry Locky.

Yes, yes xD I'm also winking at another MLT.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

I nominate Lokar for everything.

what since when can you nominate 2 people for each thing

hey guys remember when we'd have huge nomination msn chats to get all our friends nominated and then that was like the entire community anyway? good times

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Award Guy View Post
    Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST.
    Quote Originally Posted by The God of Eoff
    The page...
    /BoB/ciddieswinners.txt

...does not exist. We keep a log of all missing pages and will fix any problems accordingly. You may either press the Back button on your browser or click this link to go back to the main page.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

And I was looking forward to see my two wins back in '06. Thanks a lot.