Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Let's Play Pokemon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    If I had known Pidgey would pose like that, I'd have asked to have him named P-Didgy.
    Don't worry, at Goldenrod I can rename him more appropriately. =D

Alright back on track!

Onwards to Azalea!!

But first I have to climb Sprout Tower to get HM 1. On the way up there I run into this guy.

I see what you did thar!!!

I also found Yoda.

So clearly my next course of action should be gathering information. Lets see what the folks of Violet City have to say,

This game is starting to scare me.

Alright enough fooling around. Time to work on traveling my way to Azalea!

Worst. Idea. Ever!!!!

Along the way I get a new member to my team.

Ends up the character limit is only 7 for trainers, pokemon are 10, so BREAKFAST it is!

And hilarity ensues.

I also got a new team mate.

And while training up Locky evolved!

That's it for now, have to wait for night to grab a Gastly and Poliwag.

My team for Bugsy is shaping up to be,
    -Locky
    -Breakfast
    -Garrot
    -A Gastly
    -A poliwag

So I need 1 more on my team, either current or new, so toss out suggestions and make it a good one!

For reference I'm updating my top post with my current team, and with all current pokemon I posses.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Breakfast. I knew my idea was pure comedy gold.

Edit: Barely any fire pokemon is there? Pity. Would have been great against the grass gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Edit: Barely any fire pokemon is there? Pity. Would have been great against the grass gym.
    Well the grass gym isn't until Celadon, so I got a while. Next up is bug types.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

NAME IT SAM

i want to be magikarp
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Little known fact, in Crystal, there isn't a 100% chance of the egg hatching into togepi. It can also hatch into igglybuff, cleffa, or smoochum.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

Well the grass gym isn't until Celadon, so I got a while. Next up is bug types.
    Whoops! I mixed Azalea up. I often mis-associate grass and bug together as their quite similar. Still, no fire types is slightly annoying.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

NAME A POKEMON CABBAGE, DAMNIT.

Let's start up once again in the journey of our young maiden Bahamut!

Last we left me off I was preparing to develop the team you issued me to challenge Bugsy with as I made my way to Azalea. I begin my journey through the Union Cave as I face many perils, and strong trainers.

This guys is kind of creepy....something about him, I'm just not sure what it is...

Ah! It's like he has eyes filled with murder! No closer dude!

AHHHHH!!!!!

So I narrowly avoid the poke-murderer, and make my way to Azalea town where it seems Team Rocket has taken over the local well and doing nefarious things to the local Slowpoke population. This is something just about anyone could piece together, but Kurt is kind of an ass.

Of course you will.

After telling me exactly what everyone already knew, Kurt springs into action to defeat Team Rocket in the well, and as he arrives there...

Injures himself and makes a 12 year old girl go fight a criminal organization by herself. Oh Kurt you rascal.

So Team Rocket, what do you have to say for yourselves and your evil actions?! How can you possibly justify your actions?

Y......Actually they make a compelling argument. After this enlightening discussion I leave the well and let Team Rocket continue on with their perfectly reasonable practices. After dragging Kurt back there was an awkward exchange about balls I'm omitting because it just got super awkward.

I then begin to wait till night to finish out my team as 2 of the pokemon on my list are night appearing only at this point in the game. On the way to training up some I run in my rival again and begin and epic fight!

I decided to try and let Coffman finish off Quilava as some sort of poetic first fight all over again, ends up not working out well for him. Who would have guessed?

So I throughly finish pummeling Asshat's team with a less combustible pokemon and continue on to catch my new team. Starting with,

While I'm at it I manage to find a somewhat rarer pokemon who was requested and tossed into my reserves.

He is neither golden, nor a boco. I feel a little ripped off actually.

There we go, got the 2 pokemon I need for the destined team. After a little training to get everyone strong enough we bust down Bugsy's door and start our fight.

Garrot beat up Bugsy's metapod who sadly wasn't comically only able to use harden.

Formala got the killing blow though in an epic showdown where he managed to beat the only pokemon there able to actually hit him. And with that I receive the Hive badge.

Next up is Goldenrod City and the rumble with Whitney and her famous Miltank. So EoFF once again I need you to pick me out a team to bring down this menace! So choose from old and new. First post will have all my current pokemon, and as for new pokemon coming up, it looks like the list will be,

Venonat, Paras, Oddish, Pineco, Psyduck, Eggsecute, Abra, Ditto, Drowsee, Snubbull, Jigglypuff, Yanma (pending on if a swarm pops up or not), Scyther, Pinsir, Sunkern, both Nidorans, and Growlithe.

So pick away from all that's available and find me a team to use. I'll use the first 6 suggestions I get from different people, unless someone makes a more compelling argument.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Get a Drowsee and name him Pedomon and a Ditto and name it Puddy.
    Keep the Chikorita, and Gastly.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    Little known fact, in Crystal, there isn't a 100% chance of the egg hatching into togepi. It can also hatch into igglybuff, cleffa, or smoochum.
    Isn't that the egg you get from the daycare? Not the one you get from elm? Which can also hatch into Elekid or Magby.

Also go get a damnable dunsparce already, they're in dark cave or whatever and you don't even need them to swarm in crystal.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Get a Growlithe and keep him for the rest of the game, because Arcanine is one of the coolest Pokémon ever. Please name Albert.

And I believe someone wanted you to get a Scyther? Oh yeah. Uncle Big Hands. Won't fit in the limit, soooo... Big Hands?

Man, you're now gonna have a Pedomon and a Big Hands. You're creating Team Molestation.

Quote Originally Posted by WildRaubtier View Post
    Also go get a damnable dunsparce already, they're in dark cave or whatever and you don't even need them to swarm in crystal.
    Ya but they're a 1% encounter, and seeing how even a 20% I struggle to find I can only shudder to think how bad a 1% would be. >.>

Keep tossing out suggestions for a team too, the more suggestions the better. =D

Articles
    Blog Entries

Catch a Jigglypuff, and name him J.Beiber.

Don't worry about making it male, a female would actually be quite accurate.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Huhhhhhh

Coulda sworn they were more common than that in crystal. I caught one my first time through pretty easy.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Seconding the Growlithe, but name it Arty.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.