Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 51519202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Would I Lie To You? Game 1 SUDDEN DEATH!

Articles
    Blog Entries

So it goes from "couple inches" to "The hell if I know!" Mhrm. Okay. In terms of questioning, I can't think of anything else to comment on, so I shall abstain until I hear final opinions and verdicts from Quin and Mercen.

Were I to vote now, the inconsistencies and retractions for me ring false, but then again, Sam is a very good player at this, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.

Finally, while it may seem like I'm badgering you Sam, it's all in good fun! It's more incredulity than annoyance

Sam: approximately how old are you now? 20s or so?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Would you consider your memory to be usually reliable?

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Would you consider your memory to be usually reliable?
    Not particularly. There are some members on here who can tell you I forget things week to week, and often ask them the same question over and over again.

Regardless, this is THIRTEEN YEARS we are talking.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll post my vote now, since I'm going to sleep and may not return in time. I'll chuck it in spoilers, and Formalhaut can have a gander when he wants to make his decision.

(SPOILER)Everything about the story is believable. The idea of a child being somewhat oblivious to their surroundings whilst playing a game is completely reasonable, haha. Sam doesn't remember or know bits that I expect a child to not remember or know, and remembers what I would expect a child to remember. The only reason I wouldn't believe is because Sam's saying it, and she's a crafty beggar on her worst days.

##VOTE: TRUE, though I'm happy for you to say it's a lie if the rest of you lean that way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Q1What members are we talking about here? Any evidence to support your lack of memory (Which I probably share) would be great!

Would you consider this event to have been a little jarring?

Articles
    Blog Entries

As for Quin's opinion, I have forgotten that this was when she just 8. How convenient, yet possibly explains why she cannot remember specifics, and her memory is slightly hazy.. Hmm... I'll have to think some more.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Q1What members are we talking about here? Any evidence to support your lack of memory (Which I probably share) would be great!
    I'm not providing a list. Basically most people on the forum I've talked to one-on-one.

Would you consider this event to have been a little jarring?
    Not really? I wasn't ever in harm's way. And considering my parents and grandparents were in the house, once I let them know, they took care of the situation. If I had've been home alone, maybe.

Does your family ever talk about this event for any reason?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Does your family ever talk about this event for any reason?
    Eh, not particularly. But, I've talked about my family on here before. They're more interested in gossiping and bad-mouthing each other, so something that happened x years ago that wasn't about each other...not really that interesting, honestly.

Not to mention this wasn't the first time they had a hurricane and their basement got some flooding.

I'm drawing a blank. I'm going to say this is a lie simply because I don't like Mario 64. Good luck, team.

##VOTE LIE

Articles
    Blog Entries

I hate it when it's a majority decision. Right, team Quinhaut-X have thusly spoken:

Mercen-X: ##VOTE: Lie

Quinter Wonderland: ##VOTE: Truth

Right, my decision is based on the actual reasons behind their voting. Mercen's is based on Mario 64. While Quin's reasons are much more detailed. While I have many nagging doubts about Sam's credibility, I can't help but be swayed by Quin, so therefore, the majority vote lies in:

Formalhaut: ##VOTE: Truth

And I'm not confident on that one either.

Actually, I don't think someone with Sam's faulty memory would actually recall an event as insignificant as she makes this out to be. To remember, either she'd have to remember the details or her memory would have to be more reliable.