Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Shipping

As a warning before I start, I'll have you know that I always pick ones intended to make people cringe. (Sadly, too many people have 'popularized' Aeris x Sephiroth for me to ever use that one.)

Let's start off easy and reiterate one mentioned earlier, Hope x Lightning. Y'know, Hope's at that age where he's at the mercy of his hormones. In many ways, Hope sort of sees Lightning as a surrogate mother, and Lightning probably thinks of Hope as the son she never had. Combine all this tension with their isolation from the rest of Cocoon society and the foreboding dread that they don't have long to live thanks to their Focus... much like Shinji and Misato in Evangelion, the tension no doubt led to one of them making a move in an attempt to comfort the other, and there's no reason to believe that the other rejected it. No doubt, the theory will be confirmed and elaborated upon in the eventual compilation game, Final Fantasy 30.

Bartz x Lenna x Faris x Krile. Bartz is the pimp; women want to be with him, and men want to be him. Ok, not so cringe inducing, but no doubt there's someone who would be offended by it.

Squall x Ultimacea. All she really wants is a little love, and... well, Squall isn't the best place to go for affection. But! At least Ultimacea won't be as creepy a girlfriend as Rinoa sometimes is.

Cecil x Kain. Sure, he leads you to believe that he's jealous of Cecil for getting Rosa, but in all reality, Kain is really jealous of Rosa for getting Cecil. All those times he kidnapped her for Golbez? He was really trying to take out his competition.

Palom and Porom! Their names are alliterative, its perfect! They already bicker like an old married couple.

Kefka x Harley Quinn. Sure, this one breaks the rules by going outside the Final Fantasy series, but let's face it, Kefka has ambition where the Joker lacks it. Terrorize a city? Why not the entire world? And if that's the kind of thing that gets Harley off, then Kefka ought to be her go-to guy.

And not mine, but still the greatest... Matoya x Bahamut. Don't ask what the rat tail was for.

This is harder than I thought, I'll have to try and come up with more.
    Sig under construction.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Palom and Porom bicker like an old married couple because THEY'RE TWINS.

D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

And why should that stop them? After all, an old Japanese myth states that if two star crossed lovers commit dual suicide, they get reincarnated as twins. And, they're at that age where, "Oh, he's picking on you? That means he likes you."

Told you I pick cringe inducers. :P
    Sig under construction.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

The only remotely "fanon" shipping I've ever really supported was Balthier and Ashe, but mostly because their interaction in the latter half of the game takes it a step beyond subtext, even if nothing ever comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Christ View Post
    And why should that stop them? After all, an old Japanese myth states that if two star crossed lovers commit dual suicide, they get reincarnated as twins. And, they're at that age where, "Oh, he's picking on you? That means he likes you."

Told you I pick cringe inducers. :P
    I got no problem with incest shipping myself. There's plenty of Lightning/Serah around too.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

VanillexFangxSerah

Serah's clearly their little toygirl.

The Character Spotlight Rikku" thread reminded me of a popular pairing.

And then X-2 happened and welp, YRP might as well be a One True Threesome.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I may be a littl confused here, but isn't Celes - Locke completely canon? Just because you don't see them saying "OMG LET'S GET MARRIED" and "OKAYYYYYY" doesn't mean they aren't blatantly a couple. Someone mentioned Tifa/Cloud, too, and again they quite clearly get it on and start a family together.

As for shipping, I like any courier that offers a website that allows you to know the approximate time of day they expect your parcel to arrive.

Seriously, though, I'm not a massive fan of 'shipping', but I've seen a lot of amusing pictures. An interesting one I saw the other day was Tifa + Basch. Tifa + Balthier also popped up during the FF Ciddies. Both of these sound pretty realistic to me, and they would certainly give Tifa a lot more happiness than emoCloud did in Advent Children. I always chuckle at people who go for Aeris + Red XIII. I wouldn't do that to Red, though. He's too cool for that kinda stuff.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I may be a littl confused here, but isn't Celes - Locke completely canon? Just because you don't see them saying "OMG LET'S GET MARRIED" and "OKAYYYYYY" doesn't mean they aren't blatantly a couple. Someone mentioned Tifa/Cloud, too, and again they quite clearly get it on and start a family together.
    Indeed. But just because it is canon doesn't mean people can't ship it. :3

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah. I'm not very knowledgeable in this area. =]

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Shipping is essentially just enjoying two characters in a romantic relationship together.

I have been a part of fandom once. I know many things. Many horrible things.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Oh! Okay, Tifa and Cloud, then. Just not in Advent Children. =|

Irvine and Selphie could be cute on occasion, I guess.

Uhm... I'm not really too attached to any other duos, actually. For non-canon relationships, I found Edgar and Celes to be more fun/fitting than Locke and Celes, I guess I'm kind of alone in that.

Zell and Pigtails Girl has to happen.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

PupuxElixer for life!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Laguna X Cloud of Darkness, Onion Knight X Terra..

Dissidia couples FTW!..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Also VivixQuina
    :vivi: