Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cake or Pie?

Blog Entries

When I visited Norway a couple of years ago, I was introduced to a delicious "Deer Pie", with its delicious meat. It looked VERY similar to this one:

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Caaaake!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only pie I like is apple, but I don't like cake at all. Except cheesecake which, having baked several, I would say most definitely is more cake than pie.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I dunno. There are times when either are acceptable. I love them both so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Værn View Post
    Pizza = pie. I rest my case.
    No. Why.

Why do you do this.

Somebody please explain it to me. You have a perfectly good name for pizza. It's called pizza. Pies are nothing like that. Hell, you people don't even understand the wonder of a true blue pie. A meat pie. Dessert "pies" like apple pie and whatever are still pie, but pizza... pizza is not a pie. It is not.

Please stop throwing around words wildly America. There's no such thing as Canadian bacon. It's just smurfing ham.
    How do you define a pie? Is it not something made from a crust, containing some sort of filling or topping? Because, if you ask me, a pizza seems to fit that definition. Feel free to argue that it's not a "proper" pie, but that won't change whether it is or is not actually a pie.

And please stop throwing accusations around wildly, Australia. I've never referred to anything as "Canadian bacon." Ever.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    EoFF's first New Year's resolution will be to stop making food threads.
    No.

Food threads are an essential part of EoFF and I won't let you take that from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Ice View Post
    Leave Pike as a fish
    Fun fact: I am named after a roleplaying character I invented when I was like 12, who was named after the weapon. So there were actually no fish involved!

Please stop throwing around words wildly America. There's no such thing as Canadian bacon. It's just smurfing ham.
    blaming America for something and then citing a Canadian example? i feel the same way about Canadian bacon, don't lump us with them

say "i meant north america" and i will actually murder you

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No. Why.

Why do you do this.

Somebody please explain it to me. You have a perfectly good name for pizza. It's called pizza. Pies are nothing like that. Hell, you people don't even understand the wonder of a true blue pie. A meat pie. Dessert "pies" like apple pie and whatever are still pie, but pizza... pizza is not a pie. It is not.

How do you define a pie? Is it not something made from a crust, containing some sort of filling or topping? Because, if you ask me, a pizza seems to fit that definition. Feel free to argue that it's not a "proper" pie, but that won't change whether it is or is not actually a pie.

And please stop throwing accusations around wildly, Australia. I've never referred to anything as "Canadian bacon." Ever.
    A pie is pastry.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    EoFF's first New Year's resolution will be to stop making food threads.
    No.

Food threads are an essential part of EoFF and I won't let you take that from me!
    It would be like making a resolution to join the gym. It'll only last a few weeks max one month.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    No. Why.

Why do you do this.

A pie is pastry.

Exactly, a bread crust is not pastry. By that logic bread with a crust is a pie. :/
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Blog Entries

You guys shouldn't be so close minded. It is both.

A pie can also be: ice cream (cherry-flavoured ice cream with cherry pie pieces) and a soup (vegetable broth, with small miniature pies filled with ground beef).

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

omgomgomgomgomg

WHAT EVEN IS A PIE

WHAT

I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE

MIND HAS BEEN BLOWN I JUST CAN'T EVEN.

A PIE IS NOTHING

THE PIE IS NOTHING

THE PIE IS A LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

You sound like you could use some pie.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You sound like you could use some pie.
    I know, I may have to have myself a festive mince pie right now.

Blog Entries

pie
    /pī/
    Noun
    A baked dish of fruit, or meat and vegetables, typically with a top and base of pastry
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!