Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost Forever moments in gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I don't mind missable items or events in a game cause I feel it gives more incentive to play through the game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblet View Post
    One time in FF VIII I was trying to do a clean run through the game. I wanted to get all the GFs before the Disc 4 and do the sidequests. But after leaving from Dollet I remembered that I forgot to draw Siren! I was already in Timber when I remembered that. SO I started all over...
    I think you have a 2nd chance to draw all the draw-able GFs... in Ultimecia's castle *sweatdrop*.

Quote Originally Posted by Axem Titanium View Post
    One time in FF VIII I was trying to do a clean run through the game. I wanted to get all the GFs before the Disc 4 and do the sidequests. But after leaving from Dollet I remembered that I forgot to draw Siren! I was already in Timber when I remembered that. SO I started all over...
    I think you have a 2nd chance to draw all the draw-able GFs... in Ultimecia's castle *sweatdrop*.
    Yes I know, but I wanted the MagBonus early in the game.

When it came to finding energy crystals within disc 4 it was....aggravating.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If a game is good enough that I'm going to want to play it more than once, then I don't missable items or events or characters, as they enable me to continue playing the game in a new way every time. If the game isn't good enough for me to want to play it more than once, the existence of missable items doesn't matter.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Miss-able stuff, items in particular is often enough for me to loose interest in a game entirely. I don't care about miss-ables for the sake of completion, but if I don't have/am unable to get all the useful stuff at the end of the game because I was playing for fun and not following a walk-through it really ticks me off. If I am worried about missing stuff I can't come back and get then I tend to not have a whole lot of fun, and in many cases will just give up on the game entirely.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Quote Originally Posted by Reverof Enola View Post
    Disc 4? I always managed to get those before it. .... the Esthar grind....

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The FFXII Zodiac Spear is the one for me. What a stupid set of requirements to obtain an item. The treasure system in XII was stupid in general.
    Thankfully, some of those things were fixed in IZJS. If they ever make a HD rerelease of it, let's hope they'll base it on that.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Reverof Enola View Post
    That' the thing I never knew you could do that until disc 4 starts. Another careless mistake where you play without a walkthrough.

Disc 4? I always managed to get those before it. .... the Esthar grind....

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The Zodiac Spear isn't truly lost, there is an infinitesimal chance it's in a chest in the Henne Mines. Still a terrible design choice.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    The Zodiac Spear isn't truly lost, there is an infinitesimal chance it's in a chest in the Henne Mines. Still a terrible design choice.
    The treasure system in XII is something to be desired to be sure. The Cerobi Steppe.. I spent hours in that place... just opening chests... and chests... and chests...

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is most certainly not something to be desired.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    The treasure system in XII is something to be desired to be sure. The Cerobi Steppe.. I spent hours in that place... just opening chests... and chests... and chests...
    And then you make an Undine Entity mad and it murders your party and you get to do it all over again.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I see less of these in modern games. I know that it was extremely common in Final Fantasy IX, but I see less of it in Final Fantasy X and beyond.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Are you joking? 90% of the areas in FFXIII you can never return to. Plus FFXII has the whole Zodiac debacle.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum