Thread: Final Destinations Giveaway!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Final Destinations Giveaway!

Remember that first visit to Cosmo Canyon? Hearing that beautiful music play through the speakers of your television, and with a sigh, you wished you could be there?

If that sounds like you, perhaps you should read on to find out how to win a Final Fantasy VII destination of your choice! Now, I'm not talking about a holiday to Costa Del Sol, that would require a lot more MP and Summoning Magic than I care to use up. I'm talking about some art; a pretty snazzy fan-art canvas, to be precise.

In a series of five by Joseph Barron, the "Final Destinations" artwork is something unique and eye-catching which would look great on the wall of any true Final Fantasy fan!

The series features simplistic, but sentimental images of The Golden Saucer, Midgar, Nibelheim, Cosmo Canyon and Rocket Town.

They're all very iconic locations not only of Final Fantasy VII, but of the series as a whole, and the artist has very kindly given "Eyes on Final Fantasy" a canvas to give away to one very lucky member! They're also limited edition, so be sure to snatch one up before they've all gone. They're such beautiful and classic pieces and such a testament to the fandom that Final Fantasy has created.

You may be asking "how do I win?!" well, simply comment in this article. Share your memories of your favourite Final Fantasy destination; not just from VII, but from any of the titles in the series, and you'll be entered in the prize draw. Simple right?

You can find all of the work here! So please do check out Joseph's work! Final Destinations from GamerPrint - Video Game T-shirts, Hoodies, Posters and Canvases

Please note that the prize draw will be closed in 48 hours.
    Last edited by Night Fury; 01-19-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love the Cosmo cannon one!

EDIT: I'll join in on locations. Lindblum, I've always loved Lindblum. I can always recall the emotion I felt seeing Atomos smurf it up during the battle scene.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 01-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I've seen these before, even. :} Awesome. Best of luck to anyone entering!
    Last edited by Shauna; 01-19-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Hmm... :3

Articles
    Blog Entries

Prize draw eh? I never really win them. But I love writing about Midgar, so I'll use that.

What really drew me to Midgar was the sense of dystopia and pollution. When you first start, you see Aerith with a bunch of flowers, which then pans the camera out to the entirety of the city, which is constantly in darkness, and the bright green neon lights. Even when you venture outside of Midgar, the ground surrounding it is necrotic, brown, no life there. It just seems like the worst excesses of society is incorporated there: a lack of environmental concern, exploitation, lust, corporate greed. Hidden away in a small corner of Midgar however is a small miracle of hope; Aerith's church. The fact that no-one but Aerith really enters the church is tantamount to the lack of hope around Midgar.

Another symbolic gesture in Midgar is the Marxist influences in the city. You have the workers in the lower plate, or the proletariats, toiling away in sub-standard conditions. Then you have the upper plate, or the bourgeoisie. President Shinra is your stereotypical fat-cat. The entire city of Midgar is a symbolism for the negative effects of Capitalism. It might ignore any emotional plights or social concerns with it's residents. According to Midgar, greed is good.

But the destruction of Midgar is a very emotional scene. In the epilogue, Red and his children gaze upon where Midgar once stood, now assimilated into nature. The fall of this once huge city is complete, and while questions remain as to where humanity is, I like to think humanity has outgrown Midgar, and learned the lessons from it. It's a fitting end to a very famous city.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Gold Saucer was where my first date took place.

My partner seemed shy at first, but we went to see the play, cause I wanted to show that I was cultured, you know? None of that Midgar movie-plex pseudo-loveless B.S. storylines, I wanted something classic, to have my personality really shine ya know? I snuck in some X-potions, but no one noticed. Turned out the show didn't even have all their actors!? How typical. That's the economy for ya, people cutting corners everywhere. Why, if I had my way, the entire troup would've been f-i-r-e-3-ed.

Anyway, we went on the Gondola after and had a deep conversation about reality and shiz. Now, I'm usually fairly scared of Gondolas, and heights in general. I almost vomited, not sure whether it was due to the shaking or the cheesy crap my date was spouting. Anyway anyway, I asked him to show me his Buster Sword and he did and it was pretty big. Then I played with his materias, I really like materia.

Overall pretty nice place but weird-ass shady ghosts in the hotel and weird-ass shady guy near the gondola coming in makes me think twice about taking more dates there.

Peace out xoxo,

Yuff-ez

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The Gold Saucer one is especially cool.

Just to join in: My favorite FF destination for a holiday would be Costa del Sol. I mean, if even Hojo can pick up chicks there, I should have a shot, right?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

I'll second GB's nomination of Lindblum.

Midgar too, I wouldn't want to go there, but it's one of the most fully-realized and unique cities in all of FF.

Narshe, because I like snow and FFVI makes me nostalgia-squee.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post

EDIT: I'll join in on locations. Lindblum, I've always loved Lindblum. I can always recall the emotion I felt seeing Atomos smurf it up during the battle scene.
    I agree that the Cosmo Canyon one is the purdiest. I also like the Midgar one.

Favorite destination would probably be Al'taieu from FFXI. So purdy and paradoxical. And the work (it used to take) to get there made it mean so much more when you finally got there.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No love for Balamb Garden?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Futan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post

I agree that the Cosmo Canyon one is the purdiest. I also like the Midgar one.

Favorite destination would probably be Al'taieu from FFXI. So purdy and paradoxical. And the work (it used to take) to get there made it mean so much more when you finally got there.
    How could I forget FFXI!? Al'taieu certainly. Also Windurst.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    No love for Balamb Garden?
    I loved the concept of the Gardens(I guess that's more of a comment on the setting than the area itself) but I think the whole they fly/float/whatever trout ruined them for me. :x

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

In all seriousness, although X is not my favourite game, I did love Macalania woods and The Farplane.

I also love Edea's House because of it's mystery and creepiness.

I always loved FF8's locations.

Balamb in particular seemed like a nice place to live. I want to be the guy sitting on the bench, listening to the guitar music and watching the draw point. I also love fish (but not badamb fish).

Balamb garden was also very pretty. I think I would be a better student in that kind of location.

I think most of the towns in FF8 have a relaxing feel to them. Winhill, Dollet and the Shumi village would all be amazing places to retire to.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't mind visiting Deling City. It has that big city feeling to it that kinda attracts me, as it kind of reminds me of London in a way.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Blog Entries

My personal favorite destination is the Golden Saucer where Cloud and Aerith involved in a play and Aerith became the main heroine of the show. I got good laughs from it! Another memorable moment was the both of them taking a ride and see the fireworks from the ride. It was very touching, made me believe that Cloud and Aerith a great canon couple.