Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite console!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Um... I'll jump on the PS2 bandwagon. Many of my favourite games were on there and it was just a beautiful system.

Next up, maybe the PS1.

I'm also a fan of the DS family. I'm always playing it. The 3DS was good because it was backwards compatible with the DS, though it does lose the Game Boy Advance compatibility. Annoying, but the DSlite does, so it's okay. I am still annoyed with the PS3's apathy towards backwards-compatibility.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The SNES wasn't the first console I ever owned or played, but it was the first one I ever fell in love with.

Articles
    Blog Entries

PlayStation. I've played a lot of great games on consoles that came before and after, but none of them came close to the first time I played Final Fanasy VII more than a decade ago or Xenogears just a few months ago.

If backwards compatibility counts, PS3. Mine plays PS1, PS2, Turbografx-16, my Chinese copy of Demon's Souls, Blu Rays, streams movies, browses the internet, and helped cure cancer for a little bit, too.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I've been wanting to get one but if I can't play all my favorite games then what's the point?
    Some of the early PS3s have backwards compatibility. Sony just decided to be retarded with the later models.

Articles
    Blog Entries

PC, with PS1, DS, and SNES closely behind.

Because, seriously.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I've been wanting to get one but if I can't play all my favorite games then what's the point?
    Some of the early PS3s have backwards compatibility. Sony just decided to be retarded with the later models.
    I've found some on eBay that claim to have backwards compatibility. The prices aren't outrageous, so I'm thinking about it.

Sega Mega Drive or Sega Genesis because of Strider. SNES and PS ONE both come a draw second.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've found some on eBay that claim to have backwards compatibility. The prices aren't outrageous, so I'm thinking about it.
    If I remember rightly, the 60GB PS3 had backwards compatibility, whilst all others did not.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    If I remember rightly, the 60GB PS3 had backwards compatibility, whilst all others did not.
    You're partly correct. The launch 20GB and 60GB models in the US had PS2 backwards compatibility by building the PS2 hardware into them. The 60GB PAL model and the North American 80GB model (models with the model number being CECHExx anyway. There was a later 80GB model and PAL version which had no backwards compatibility at all) had partial backwards compatibility through software emulation. If you want a backwards compatible PS3, go with the North American launch models only. Software emulation isn't worth it unless you're on a PC, and even then, it would need to be a pretty good one for PS2 games.