Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5354549505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who: Season 10

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

The heaven thing is poor. In the first episode it was an interesting concept. Now it's the same thing every week with very little new information revealed. "Yes clueless onlooker you are indeed in Heaven! Ho ho ho, you so silly to act shocked and confused, don't you know this is a perfectly normal thing?" It just feels like something they've thrown in to show the series is building up to something big at the end with very little actual substance or thought to it. No, this is not some mystery to figure out, it's just poor writing.

In my opinion it would've been more powerful to just spring all those people on you in the last episode out of nowhere rather than the "hehe guess where the finale's gonna be guys!!! BUILD UP THE HYPE TRAIN!" episode enders.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm with Celes in that I liked the bank heist episode waaaay more than Listen. Listen was pretty dumb in my opinion.

I'm eh on Capaldi as the Doctor. It's obviously the writing because he's acting very well. His best moments are his rude banter with Clara. But I'm underwhelmed. I haven't seen any Classic Who, so I can't compare to Doctors 1-8, but 12 is my least favorite Doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I must agree the after life is basically piss poor writing. I'm also in agreement that Capaldi is too smurfing pissed off all the time as the Doctor. I'm reminded of The War Doctor in a sense with the anger however, he doesn't carry it off as well. John Hurt is after all the superior actor. In a sense I half expect Capaldi to burst out in to a foul mouthed tirade every time he speaks to a soldier.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

On the flipside, I'm really becoming fond of Clara as a companion. They're paying her the attention she should've gotten last season. I'm glad they're distancing her from the Impossible Girl nonsense.

Articles

I have to agree that the best thing and perhaps the only really good thing is what they've done with Clara. Though I can't say I get much chemistry from her and Danny.

Also surely you saw the 8th Doctor from the minisode "Night of the Doctor" before the 50th? That's literally half the episodes he was ever in! Lovely fella though. I liked him.

Capaldi reminds me of the First Doctor, a pissed off old man prone to the odd moment of sentiment. Wasn't a fan of him either (sacrilegious utterings here we go!) in the episodes I saw, truth be told. Classic Who - at least in the early eras - is kind of bobbins on the whole anyway. Each story takes hours to conclude, hours of very smurfing little actually happening.

Of the ones I've seen a full episode of: 11 > 10 > 9 > 8 > War > 2 > 4 > 3 > 12 > 1.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought Clara and Pink were cute when they were both being so stupidly awkward and fail every time they interacted. Now I'm just kind of eh.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I will continue to be the opposite of the EoFF Doctor Who crowd and uphold my thoughts of "I am enjoying this more than I have enjoyed Doctor Who in some time". I don't even know if I can articulate my feelings why. I am just much more engaged. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nah, I'm not hating! I'm glad someone's enjoying it so much!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

bee tee dubs, anyone else catch what he was whistling in that one scene? "we don't need no education..."

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Capaldi is brilliant thus far, I got sick and tired of the whole silly doctor charades of 10 and 11 but that was the way the writing was for them. Capaldi's doctor doesn't fit that tone very well at all and its showing the flaws of the writing, Capaldi's best moments are the ones that set him apart from the last few Doctors, the banter, remarks and I suppose he did have some brilliant funny moments in the last episode. When he was leaning on the ladder peering into the classroom saying "wrong" that was just great thing is, I'm not against silly, funny, non serious moments of the Doctor, its just when they overshadow the serious parts that makes me a saaaaaaaad panda :<

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Blog Entries

I loved the ending of this weeks episode. The rest of it was average but I loved the ending.

Also I assume all national leaders just shut off the power rather than everyone turning their lights off.
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 10-05-2014 at 07:43 AM.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

:monster:

I enjoyed this week's episode from start to finish. I've also enjoyed most of this season a lot more than EoFF, though. I think it's Moffat's strongest season as showrunner by a pretty wide margin.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles

It was alright but the overall plot and themes were a rehash of The Beast Below which I thought did it better. I liked the setting though.

:monster:

Meh. The Beast Below wasn't anywhere near as scary as this episode. I liked this more.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)