Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Satisfying end?

Default Satisfying end?

I just recently beat FFIX. The entire game was great. At the very end the Garnet Zidane this was heart felt. But the climax with the memories and stuff, who liked that end? I was super confused, it got too convoluted. So did you? I was not satisfied.

Blog Entries

I liked it except for Necron and Garnet not going back for the Necklace
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that necklace probably cost a fortune. It's not like Zidane was going anywhere.

I love the ending. Especially the necklace part for its symbol.

Yes and No

Who the heck was saying goodbye at the end ? Was it Kuja ? Vivi ? Mikoto ? Eiko ? That Locke character in Lindblum ?

Did Kuja die in the Lifa tree ?

How come Zidane didn't write a Moogle Letter to Dagger to say " I'm coming home sweetie so don't punch me when I come back ? "

Who rules the Kingdom now ? Will it be Steiner and Beatrix or Zidane and Dagger ?

The way Dagger threw away her bling, bling gave me the hint that she doesn't want to rule in Alexandria but it could of been just a " Love is more important than money " moment.

How did Zidane and Kuja survive the Lifa Tree ? Did Zidane go Trance ?

Blog Entries

She spent more time staring at the necklace making a decision than it wouldve taken to go back and get it. And she's not really giving it up, im sure at some point an upstanding citizen will return it. It's not like they could sell it since it's recognised as royal bling.

It wouldve been better if she either tore it off herself, or if she dropped it but didnt even notice and didnt look back.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yeah, I never understood the scene where she's running and she drops her necklace. Like, I know you've thought he was dead the last year, but I don't think he's gonna high tail it (pun intended) out of there before you reach it.

Come on girl, play hard to get. It's what he likes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Yes and No

Who the heck was saying goodbye at the end ? Was it Kuja ? Vivi ? Mikoto ? Eiko ? That Locke character in Lindblum ?

How come Zidane didn't write a Moogle Letter to Dagger to say " I'm coming home sweetie so don't punch me when I come back ? "

Who rules the Kingdom now ? Will it be Steiner and Beatrix or Zidane and Dagger ?

The way Dagger threw away her bling, bling gave me the hint that she doesn't want to rule in Alexandria but it could of been just a " Love is more important than money " moment.

Vivi.

Yes, and it's Iifa.

Because he's a playaaaaa, and playaaaaa's like drama, I guess.

Garnet and Zidane, of course.

I think it was more of a "holy crap! She just dropped a Key Item! Love breaks all the rules!" sort of moment, yeah.

Kuja died ensuring Zidane could make it out relatively unharmed. By that, I mean relative to Kuja. Who is dead. Zidane had a pretty rough time of it, though, and I believe it took it so long to get back because he was in such a state.

Oh come on. This ending was the simplest and most classic of all story endings. What's there to be confused about? And no, no don't read too much into the -

"she didn't go back for the necklace. Does that mean she didn't want to be Queen after all? Does that mean Beatrix will be Queen? Maybe the necklace had dark spells brewing inside it that Garnet sensed because she's magic and maybe it's setting up for a villain in FFIX-2, yknow it's the villain that cursed the necklace."

NO. Jesus Christ, it was just a cheesy romantic moment.

Ending is good, but it was a real dissapointment because of Vivi. Those who played know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Quint Eastwood View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Yes and No

Vivi.

Yes, and it's Iifa.

Because he's a playaaaaa, and playaaaaa's like drama, I guess.

Garnet and Zidane, of course.

I think it was more of a "holy crap! She just dropped a Key Item! Love breaks all the rules!" sort of moment, yeah.

Kuja died ensuring Zidane could make it out relatively unharmed. By that, I mean relative to Kuja. Who is dead. Zidane had a pretty rough time of it, though, and I believe it took it so long to get back because he was in such a state.
    Pretty much this, though the length of time between beating Kuja and Zidane coming back was just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeiferxx View Post
    Ending is good, but it was a real dissapointment because of Vivi. Those who played know what I mean.
    Dissapointment is a bad word for it. I find it sad and beautiful. Vivi's letter was touching as smurf yo.

It is sad and beautiful, but for me it is a dissapointment because of Vivi.

It is sad and beautiful, but for me it is a disappointment because of Vivi.
    Mostly this is spoiled for BoBI can never see character death as a disappointment so long as it's handled well. The term disapointment sounds like they did something wrong, and that it was a let down. Being Sad and Beautiful kind of disqualifies it from being disappointing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    It is sad and beautiful, but for me it is a disappointment because of Vivi.
    Mostly this is spoiled for BoBI can never see character death as a disappointment so long as it's handled well. The term disapointment sounds like they did something wrong, and that it was a let down. Being Sad and Beautiful kind of disqualifies it from being disappointing for me.
    I think who haven't played the game to the end, won't read the content in this thread.

Likely, but still I figured I'd do it just to be safe.