Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Final Fantasy X is Objectively the Best Final Fantasy

Prove me wrong.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's not my favourite (is my second favourite), but this is absolutely true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Yeah, even if it's not the best it's definitely in the top three. I think it was just really well-rounded and well-done all around.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You don't like Tactics MILF. That's really all the proof anyone needs that your taste in FF's is awful and that there's probably a tumour growing in your brain that you should have checked out.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The battle system is good, one of the best. The music is too. However, the plot is relatively unoriginal (special magic person guided to elemental shrines to pray and summon creatures with which she will giver her life to save the world with), the characters all fit Final Fantasy archetypes down to the number, the voice acting and direction is bad in most cases, hurting the drama despite some talented people behind it. This is not really as up for debate as people can claim.

The localization is meh and the writing/dialogue is painfully stilted, cardboard, and uninspired, with some of the most obvious, intelligence-insulting lack of subtlety that manages to flanderize, demean the intelligence, and belittle the seriousness and intelligence of its own character and plot, especially with such moments as Seymour's childishly over-the-top metaphorical villain speeches, Tidus' constant inability to express his angst and daddy issues without resorting to full-on whining, and Yuna's awkward, flat displays of passion with words of wisdom from a pre-teen girl's bible study. In short, show, don't tell. And yet this game insists on telling you the character's struggles multiple times at the expense of developing characters like Kimahri or Lulu or getting into the admittedly interesting lore.

The game is linear and manages to diminish the life of its world by making the game so closed-off, with the sheer natural beauty being reduced, with a few exceptions, walkways. Also, the themes are not presented in a manner that makes the game seem preachy, and while there are moments of pathos, they're undermined by countless moments of melodramatic and direct communication of the games' themes, which is the worst way to present a theme or message in a way that can correlate with daily life as the player is not required to connect the message to a real-world parallel.

In short, MILF, you once again make a sweeping statement about something you are incorrect about (and relative).

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

smurf this troute! I agree with you milf, X was an amazing experience to me. I love the game so much! (I made about 10 mistakes out of pure drun,keness that i corrected - so happy lad) but yeah. The experience of X has lived with me so long. Even the songs that the great Nubuo came out with makes me feel so nostalgiac (is that a word?) yeh mnag!

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Seymour's hair.

You are wrong because there is no objective scale for "best".

Some individual categories might have such a scale (for example, graphical resolution), but judging strictly by technical, measurable standards would not yield FFX as the "best" in almost any category, and certainly not overall.

Getting past technical standpoints, we reach the quasi-quantifiable issues. Things like "most mini games" are measurable, but fail to take into account quality, not to mention varying definitions of the terms used.

Then there is the question of how far down to break major categories. For example "best art design" can be split into "best monster design", "best world design", and "best character design". But each of these can be further subdivided, as well as each being weighed differently by each individual judge. Objectively, each category would have to be weighed either equally, or proportionately to screen time, while to many judges, a particular aspect may be far more important.

And then, of course, there are the majority of unquantifiable aspects of the game. There is no objective measure for aesthetics (not simply visual, but of any type). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people love Khimari's design, some hate it, some just don't care one way or the other. Some people love the world design, others don't. Characterization, lore, music, customization, gameplay, even the structure of levels, none of these things can be objectively measured.

With the majority of the game (and, to most people, the most important parts of the game) being subjective, your assertion falls apart. And if you ignore the subjective parts and focus on what can be judged objectively, FFX is not likely to come out on top, even if you could find an objective way to weight all the various issues at hand.

Is FFX a great game? Sure. Is it the best FF game? Possibly. Certainly to some people. Is it objectively the best? No.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

There's a game called " Final Fantasy VI " out there, so by that it can't be the best.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

So, which Final Fantasy gets referenced in Morrowind?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    So, which Final Fantasy gets referenced in Morrowind?
    Pokemon does!

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    Seymour's hair.
    Yeah, I think this pretty much destroys you MILF.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I honestly don't get how people can dislike the characterization, it's some of the best I've seen in a video game or really in any media. Backstories and setting them up where handled really well; there were some really nice writing techniques utilized in this game.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ITT lots of opinions and no proofs

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

/MILF states an opinion about a game