Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X is Objectively the Best Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Additionally, there are two ways to do JRPGs without a traditional worldmap: the FFX/XIII way, and the FFXII way. In FFX, the world -- which otherwise seems richly developed -- feels stunted and small. You get a feel for bits and pieces of it, but nothing to allow you to appreciate its scope. In FFXII, on the other hand -- and regardless of how you feel about the rest of the game -- the world feels massive, and you really experience a full trek across the world.
    Except that half of XII feels like filler. A lot of areas feel empty and dull. Whereas in Spira I never had that feeling. I'd take confined but sweet over large and bloated any day.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 04-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I enjoyed the world of XII but the characters and story both failed to interest me at all.

It's been a while, so just in case any of you have forgotten since the last time I said it, this is my thread. Just a friendly reminder.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Additionally, there are two ways to do JRPGs without a traditional worldmap: the FFX/XIII way, and the FFXII way. In FFX, the world -- which otherwise seems richly developed -- feels stunted and small. You get a feel for bits and pieces of it, but nothing to allow you to appreciate its scope. In FFXII, on the other hand -- and regardless of how you feel about the rest of the game -- the world feels massive, and you really experience a full trek across the world.
    And yet FFX feels like you're on an epic, life-changing, world-changing quest and FFXII feels like a boring-ass trek across nothing of any note

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    It's been a while, so just in case any of you have forgotten since the last time I said it, this is my thread. Just a friendly reminder.
    I don't get it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    And yet FFX feels like you're on an epic, life-changing, world-changing quest and FFXII feels like a boring-ass trek across nothing of any note
    Objectively I think that both of these 'worlds' feel like regions rather than worlds.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Would someone object if I objectively tied BoB to an object and left him there with nothing but his objectivity?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Would someone object if I objectively tied BoB to an object and left him there with nothing but his objectivity?
    you have my sword

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I don't get it.
    I can say it a few more times if it helps!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Neo obviously loves FFX. He's just too shy to admit it.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Objectively I think that both of these 'worlds' feel like regions rather than worlds.
    I know you're trying to make fun of me saying "Objectively" but that only works if you're actually proving me wrong, not just saying "Objectively" like you're PG

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    I know you're trying to make fun of me saying "Objectively" but that only works if you're actually proving me wrong, not just saying "Objectively" like you're PG
    Objectively, saying 'objectively' is all I need to do to prove you wrong, objectively.

Your original post is on par with me saying that objectively FFVII is the best FF, green is the best colour, I am the most awesome person in the world and my trout smells better than yours. There's nothing objective about it because it all comes down to personal preference. Your statement was not objective, it was entirely subjective (based on opinion).

Alternative answer: FFVII is objectively the best FF out there, and this is proof that FFX is not objectively the best FF out there, because FFVII is objectively best (and therefore objectively better than FFX).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bunch of mad there bro, and yet no proof contradicting the objective fact that FFX is the best FF!

Articles
    Blog Entries

My new least favourite thing about FFX is this thread.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    My new least favourite thing about FFX is this thread.
    I made a much better FFX thread bro, come to this one http://home.eyesonff.com/final-fanta...ve-thread.html