Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kuja is the best Final Fantasy Villain ever, ever.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kuja is the worst villain. He is the most uninspired, insipid villain, there is absolutely nothing sinister about him, nothing interesting about him, nothing I care about in any way. I don't love him, I don't hate him, I don't love to hate him.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, but you're routinely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Kuja is the worst villain. He is the most uninspired, insipid villain, there is absolutely nothing sinister about him, nothing interesting about him, nothing I care about in any way.
    You need to go and visit a Doctor. I'm concerned.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Quint Eastwood View Post
    Yes, but you're routinely incorrect.
    Objektively.

I like Kuja a lot, he's without a doubt great villain , but The Emperor Mateus is my favorite , even though I don't like FFII all that much. *** it's battle system.

According to bias it might be difficult to have a villian in the series that stands out. That the extent of fiction is the authors creativity and your ability to believe in it. A.K.A lets say you don't believe one person is more important than another. Fictional or real. In that case there's no reason to debate it.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75
    Magic D 184.........Relic: Economizer
    Magic B 87

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I think he's one of the more personable villians in the series. Which most of them are pretty "i'm evil HURR" kinda thing going on.

Blog Entries

I do not know Kuja that well, but I do know that he's the only villain who can rock out that thong (or more approiately, loincloth or codpiece) of his! He may be not the best villain in Final Fantasy, but at least he's a pretty one!
    Harmony and Distortion coexist together to support every creature and landscape in the world, including the forces of good and evil. That is how the world keeps on living with a strong balanced composition.
    ~Amanda's Juxtaposition Theroy

Sudden Reaction when both Amanda and Dragonite
    see a romantic Final Fantasy love scene:
    Amanda: Aww, this is so romantic! They would make a great couple together!
    Dragonite: Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss... C'MON! KISS ALREADY!
    Amanda: Drag, you have no patience whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJuxtaposition View Post
    I do not know Kuja that well
    Have you played FF9 ? If not, play it now. You must. It's law.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

While I'm not the sort of chap who likes Kuja so much that I'd join a forum with 'Kuja Trance' as my username (ahem), I think he is one of the best villains in the series, if not the best overall.

His methods are subtle and rather understated. He knows that by himself he can't achieve his aims, and is effective at using others (Brahne, Black Mages, the main party) to do his dirty work for him. While there's an arrogance about him, he's not blinded by pride. I'd also argue that, among the villains in the series, there are few that really rival him in terms of success. He plunges the Mist Continent into chaos, acquires himself a shed load of power in the process, successfully topples Garland, and acquires Trance. With, it's reasonably fair to say, few setbacks.

I liked the style and design of Kuja too. The theatrical, narcissistic nature complements the game well, with his scenes being generally memorable with some good music to boot. His character design whilst effeminate, is unusual and adds to the mystique of a character we don't really learn a great deal about until late in the game. His motivations aren't particularly novel, but the execution is.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatermaximus View Post
    According to bias it might be difficult to have a villian in the series that stands out. That the extent of fiction is the authors creativity and your ability to believe in it. A.K.A lets say you don't believe one person is more important than another. Fictional or real. In that case there's no reason to debate it.
    And with one single post from Greatermaximus, the entirety of the lower forums crumbled to dust, and no one ever spoke of Final Fantasy again.

Never really did anything for me, and didn't buy his motivation.

Okay, so far he is rivaling Kefka for me. I like my big bads with some humanness, so Sephiroth was kinda not my favorite. And he is pretty. I like 'em pretty. Though that is a hard outfit to pull off, it only raises him in my esteem. Absurd outfit is a win! I am loving IX almost as much as VI, so that is saying something. But this is my first play through (my brother hogged the game when we were kids).
    "If I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace." - Much Ado About Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Gu-fu-fu View Post
    And he is pretty. I like 'em pretty. .
    lol, but most of them are pretty; Final Fantasy is like CW for videogame charas.

FFXIV Character

Omni Odin (Sargatanas)

Definitely third to Kefka and Sephiroth. I give Kuja a tie with Vayne for my third favorites.
    Final Fantasies defeated
    Playing

I, II, III, IV, IVAY, V, VI, VII, VIIDoC, VIICC , VIII, Tactics, TA, TA2, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII:RW, XIII, XIII-2, XIII:LR, XIV, Type-0, XV

FavoriteToLeastFavorite : VII>X>Tactics>IX>IV>VIII>XV>VI>XII>X-2>XIII>TA2>V>XIII-2>III>I>LR:FFXIII>II