Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default XBOX ONE revealed

Report from the stream:

Countdown 03:29 - dramatic music is getting more dramatic. Guitars urge you to tweet #XboxReveal...

00:50
    - Guitary Command & Conquer battle music is playing..

--------------- LIVE ---------------------

Cue montage of bigging up how this is going to change everything again - you're going to have a relationship with your TV.

An all one in one system to align tv, entertainment and games - to solve a fragmented living room. The XBOX ONE.

It looks like a standard DVD player, all very sharp edges and angular - from the box itself, to the Kinect sensor and even the controller itself.

The new 'Kinect' sensor can apparently connect to all your favourite devices - including your TV itself allowing you to watch TV without having to fiddle around with inputs etc.

They call this feature "Instant Switching" - using voice commands such as XBOX GAME, GO TO TV, GO TO MUSIC you can instantly switch between all those input sources without having to fiddle around with controllers and remotes. Even hand gestures can be used to this.

Another new feature "Snap Mode" allows you to have multiple programs roaming alongside each other. So for example you can boot up internet explorer in a side panel mid game to look up hints etc without having to return to the dashboard. You can even have TV running alongside your game. Pretty nifty.

Skype is also coming to XBOX ONE utilising the Kinect camera - again can be used in Snap Mode - you can even have group video conferences running alonside your game.

More stuff about ESPN's partnership with XBOX allowing you to use snapmode etc and also get in-sport alerts for your fantasy football teams etc. Snapmode also allows on demand watching of highlights and replays etc - this isn't just limited to the ESPN content either.

The XBOX even has a built in TV guide for your local TV. Using voice commands such as WATCH CHANNELNAME you can switch channels or even ask WHATS ON CHANNELNAME and it brings up the TV guide for that channel. Much like Netflix it also has a favourites sytem to keep track of programs you watch frequently which also provides trending recommendations etc.

Now we're about to look under the hood!

- 5 billion transistors
    - 8GB RAM
    - 64 bit Archetecture
    - BluRay
    - WiFi

- Revamps coming to XBOX Smart Glass and XBOX Live

XBOX ONE Architecture, 3 Operating Systems in one:
    - Windows Kernel
    - Existing XBOX Architecture improved
    - Third system connects the two to allow instant switching etc

Kinect completely redesigned:
    - 1080p Wide View Camera
    - Better voice recognition, more chatty commands
    - 2gb/s
    - Lots of hi-tech sciencey stuff about how fast it's recognition is
    - More recognition, more joints, better depth, it can even read your heartbeat

XBOX ONE Controller:
    - better ergonomics
    - Dynamic impulse triggers
    - Precision d-pad
    - Built in battery housing

Kinect is the binding power between all of these interfaces. It recognises you, and your controller - for example the controller can be used as a shield. If it sees you boot the XBOX up it automatically loads your profile etc.

XBOX Live:
    - Uses the same membership as today
    - Powered by 300,000 servers (a huge increase over the current 15,000 servers)
    - Uses cloud computer
    - Has built in recording and editing software to allow sharing of video content (ala PS4)
    - Better matchmaking
    - More functionality to allow achievements to be far more reflective of what you're doing
    - Way more support to allow for bigger matches and even MMO worlds

EA sports confirms:
    - FIFA
    - Madden
    - NHL
    - UFC

New game engine for EA Sports called EA SPORTS IGNITE. Supposedly blurs the line between real and virtual - based on instincts, intellgience and emotion, speed and agility. Cue montage of going on about these principles and then images of the engine rendering this and taking all of into consideration. Very cool image of banners in the crowd rendered in real time.

Engine has 10x more animation details, making inches matter (giggle). The engine has living crowds and sidelines - everything reacts to how you play rather than set animations at set times.

Cue some trailers of gameplay footage from XBOX ONE - it all looks very pretty. The lighting effects are particularly impressive.

Now Phil Spencer from Microsoft Studios is bigging up the relationship with publishers, mentioning XBOX ONE exclusives but not dropping any names... yet. Here comes a look at a "blockbuster franchise"...

Forza Motorsport 5. Confirmed as a launch title.

Exclusive from Remedy (Max Payne etc) confirmed. Quantum Break. Interesting trailer, not much shown in the way of gameplay though.

Microsoft Studios plans to launch 15 games in the first year of XBOX ONE. 8 of which are brand new franchises.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Now over to XBOX Entertainment Studio to discuss XBOX ONE with Television. TV will be immersive and personalised. Driven and shaped by the community on XBOX LIVE.

Halo live action television series is coming! Created by 343 studios and Steven Speilberg!

Confirmed partnership with NFL. Again bigging up the "snap mode" functionality.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Call of Duty confirmed for next-gen. Along with the DLC being XBOX ONE exclusive for a set time again.

Call of Duty Ghosts, made on a whole new engine for the next-gen.

Cue video of gameplay and interview with the developers of CoD: Ghosts - Infinity Ward!

Your squad contains a Dog! Storyline set in an America in disarray. The squad is made up of underdogs, remnants of all of America's disbanded Special Forces.

You can slide, lean out of corners and even automatically vault over terrain as you run toward it.

Multiplayer revamps - dynamic maps contain events such as earthquakes, storms etc or player triggered events that can cause explosions, bridges to collapse, buildings to fall down etc.

Impressive side by side comparison with CoD:MW3 and CoD: Ghosts.

Now for a trailer running on XBOX ONE. It looks damn impressive. Holy trout that trailer. Holy trout.

------------------------------------------------------------

XBOX ONE will be launching worldwide later this year. More to come at E3 - including the reveal of exclusives.

And that's all folks.

On Demand footage will be available shortly at:

Xbox, A New Generation Revealed - Xbox.com
    Last edited by Aulayna; 05-21-2013 at 10:48 PM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nope. I'm Sony/Nintendo 4 life! Will be interesting to see what it can do, though, compartively.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Dancing Chocobo XBOX REVEAL: Bonus Talk & Aftermath

XBOX REVEAL: Bonus Talk & Aftermath

Today I'm looking at the future of technology. In Gaming, one such pieces of tech is about to reveal itself from the shroud of
    miasma known as time, Microsoft will shed light & crystal clarity on the new Xbox soon. Its reportedly had been given many names including the most recent being 'Xbox 8" and then later 'Xbox Infinity' as you already may know. Although at the end of the day the name isn't as important as the Console's hardware and even more importantly Software or Games we are able to play on the new Xbox.

In order to bring you all up to speed I'm posting a few major features, including the main show. Those will be from the big reveal to Major Nelson to major news pieces from sites like CNet, Gamespot, IGN, Joystiq, Kotaku & Xbox's news site called Xbox Wire. I hope you enjoy the presentation and the news. Please feel free to continue to talk about speculation before, during and after the reveal here in this thread. Also, 12n PST or 3pm EST on the same day after the reveal, Larry Hyrb aka Major Nelson will be doing an after-show you can listen in on. So be sure to stick around for the aftermath leading up to E3. Where we will discuss the Games for the new found wave 8 next-gen Xbox.

Watch the XBOX Reveal: May 21st Tuesday (1PM EST, 10 Am PST)

Exact US URL:

http:// www. xbox .com /en-US /hub /reveal
    (use in case of an issue, take the spaces out as it should work)

US-Link

ALL THE ABOVE:

Or via on Spike TV in US and Canada

Listen-in on Larry Hryb: Aka Major-Nelson

Show: 476
    Xbox Live's Major Nelson » Show 476: Video Gaming Industry Numbers and Star Trek Into Darkness :

Show: 477 (Xbox Special: The After Show)

Coming Soon! (12Noon PST or 3PM EST)
    <read the="" news="" articles=""></read>

IGN:

"Is Always-Online Debunked?"

Internal Microsoft Memo Reportedly Debunks Always-Online Xbox - IGN

"What We DON'T Want from the New Xbox (Top 5 No-Nos)"
    Top 5 Things We Don't Want on the Next Xbox - In 60 Second - IGN Video

Kotaku:

~The Next Xbox Rumors~

"Xbox Executive,
    Aaron Greenburg indicates the New Xbox for a Holiday Release"
    Xbox Exec Points to a Holiday Release For The Next Xbox [Update]

"No More MS Points?" (This Guy on Kotaku Hopes So)

Microsoft Killing MS Points? Please Be True.

"Everything We Know"
    Everything We Know About The Next Xbox

"The Next Xbox..."
    The Next Xbox Has Mandatory Kinect, Game-Swapping and New Controllers, According To Leaked Info

"Sources Say: Next Xbox will..."
    Sources: The Next Xbox Will Play Blu-Ray, May Not Play Used Games (And Will Introduce Kinect 2)

"Why an Anti-Piracy Xbox Makes Sense"
    Why an Xbox With Anti-Used Game Tech Makes Perfect Sense

"The Next Xbox Won't Have a Disc Drive? [Updated]"
    The Next Xbox Won't Have a Disc Drive? [Update]

"It's Code Named: Durango"
    The Next Xbox is Code-Named...Durango

Xbox-Wire:
    (Just Recently Launched May 16th!) :]

"Welcome to Xbox Wire!"

Xbox Wire

"
    It’s an Exciting Time on Xbox Campus"
    Xbox Wire

"Crunching Down the Decades of Gaming Data... w/Xbox's own Aaron Greenburg
    "
    Xbox Wire

(Articles and more URLS are in progress... Will update as necessary or willed.)

PS: As always, I give 110% for Gaming & 110% for Humanity's sake. Additionally you can follow my Twitter feed here for more meta-news RSS style on Gaming. You guys are awesome! Remember that.

(...Thanks for the merge. I looked and now poof here I am. FYI I liked mine better and didn't see this before when I when to create a post WAAAY Earlier. Doesn't matter I suppose, oh well.

Additionally: Its not called the Xbox 720, name is yet to be said, Op Aulayna of this newer thread I wasn't aware of should change the name)
    Last edited by HasteInTime; 05-21-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by HasteInTime View Post
    Additionally: Its not called the Xbox 720, name is yet to be said, Op Aulayna of this newer thread I wasn't aware of should change the name)
    I'll change the name once the official name is revealed.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HasteInTime View Post
    I'll change the name once the official name is revealed.
    Hope its all good. Yesterday I kinda had a W-T-H moment. lol. You had caught me by surprise.

Suggested Title: "The New Xbox "over something like Xbox 720 next time.

Also I'm very excited!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm at work, so hopefully there's some stream somewhere that can be watched on a smartphone. Otherwise I'll be missing it.

I'm very interested in what they're going to show at this event though. Even though I own an Xbox 360 that I never play that's been sitting on my closet shelf for the last two years, I'm still keeping an open mind.

My biggest concern is that it's going to be more of a family entertainment box than a video game console, seeing as they've been trying to turn the 360 into just that. and neglecting their library in the process.

Here's hoping for the best though. I really want Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo's next consoles to be successful. I like options.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Xbox360Delta. Stick to the plan Microsoft, stick to the plan.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Eh.
    That is totally spam and you know it!

Personally, I am interested in seeing what it'll have.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I've never really been interested in hardware, but I am excited to find out what will be released for the system. I love new games.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    YES

YES I HOPE THIS HAPPENS, PLEASE GOD

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmm...I think I will go back to Playstation.

Also Seamless on Xbox or gtfo.

XBOX 720, I hope I can have it
    Xbox-720-Wii-U-PS41.jpg

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I am actually kind of excited about this because Xbox is the only console I care about anymore

But even then I play on PC 90% of the time so