Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

It's kind of Zombie style, but not really. You will fight some 'Infected' which are like Zombies but not really as mindless, and you will fight a lot of normal humans who are just in it to survive. And the gameplay itself is especially about survival: having to try and find useful things in empty buildings to build a makeshift bomb to be one of the only ways to escape from bandits who have attacked you because you're down to your last few pistol rounds. That kind of thing. It's not like Dead Island Zombies where it's 'LET'S GRAB AN AXE AND HIT EVERYTHING '
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I still don't have this yet. Store sold my pre-order to someone else

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

How's Ellen Page's acting?

Pretty good I think!

I mean she's not in this game, so I don't know why it was brought up, but she was great in inception!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I liked her in Juno.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love Juno.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    It's kind of Zombie style, but not really. You will fight some 'Infected' which are like Zombies but not really as mindless, and you will fight a lot of normal humans who are just in it to survive. And the gameplay itself is especially about survival: having to try and find useful things in empty buildings to build a makeshift bomb to be one of the only ways to escape from bandits who have attacked you because you're down to your last few pistol rounds. That kind of thing. It's not like Dead Island Zombies where it's 'LET'S GRAB AN AXE AND HIT EVERYTHING '
    yes indeed, you cant just run around and shoot everything up!
    you have to overthink your plan, especially with the runners and clickers becaus when they attack you in a group you will die!

so i would recommend this game only if you have some patience :P

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Pretty good I think!

I mean she's not in this game, so I don't know why it was brought up, but she was great in inception!
    Wait, I thought that she's Ellie in the game and they used her name and likeness.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 06-22-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She's in Beyond: Two Souls which isn't out yet.

Ellie just happens to slightly resemble her, and the voice actress sounds a lot like her for some reason.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I thought she was approached for both games, but damn if the character doesn't look and sound like her.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Ashley Johnson voiced and mo-capped Ellie

Blog Entries

This game is tooooooooo easy.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

It's really annoying that they don't let you start on Survivor mode because that's the best difficulty for it. Enemies start working together, rather than trying to take you on solo all the time.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wait, I'm confused.
    (SPOILER)People are debating whether Joel was telling the truth? I thought it was pretty obvious that he was lying. Ellie was the only chance for the Fireflies to find a vaccine, and Joel went all nuts because he finally saw Ellie as his daughter. He did the absolute wrong thing for selfish reasons, and then lied to Ellie. I can UNDERSTAND those selfish reasons, and feel sympathy for him, but he definitely did the wrong thing.

The epilogue is where I am a little more uncertain. We got another glimpse of Ellie's wound, and it seemed worse than it had been, suggesting that she wasn't completely immune, but could hold out longer than anyone else, and that was enough for a vaccine to be developed. That is why she asked Joel whether he was telling the truth. She wanted to know that the Firefly's are able to find a vaccine. Knowing this, she was ok with what she thinks happened. At least, that is my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Wait, I'm confused.
    (SPOILER)People are debating whether Joel was telling the truth? I thought it was pretty obvious that he was lying. Ellie was the only chance for the Fireflies to find a vaccine, and Joel went all nuts because he finally saw Ellie as his daughter. He did the absolute wrong thing for selfish reasons, and then lied to Ellie. I can UNDERSTAND those selfish reasons, and feel sympathy for him, but he definitely did the wrong thing.

The epilogue is where I am a little more uncertain. We got another glimpse of Ellie's wound, and it seemed worse than it had been, suggesting that she wasn't completely immune, but could hold out longer than anyone else, and that was enough for a vaccine to be developed. That is why she asked Joel whether he was telling the truth. She wanted to know that the Firefly's are able to find a vaccine. Knowing this, she was ok with what she thinks happened. At least, that is my take on it.
    (SPOILER)No one is debating Joel's intentions, no matter what he was in the wrong, having not know regardless.

The problem is the actions of the Fireflys made no sense if Ellie was the only one. Yet the logs you listen to make no sense if they had done this before.

Also, we here pretty much none of the conversation between Joel and whats her name at the end before he kills her and leaves with Ellie, so that leaves all sorts of questions as to what they were talking about. That easily could have been when brought that up, so it's hard to say one way or the other what the truth actually is.