Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: As If Microsoft Didn't Do Enough Bad Stuff During E3...

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Evastio, I bow to you.

I don't get why MS needs to be defended so vehemently? They probably make the most money out of the three companies right now. Why on earth? I just don't get it.
    Thanks, though I don't exactly know what I did to deserve being bowed to.

I'm just standing up against a lot of the things that Microsoft is doing because so many of their policies are detrimental towards the gamers and the gamers are losing a lot more money than they should be. Yeah, the game companies are profiting money-wise from it right now, but in the long run they'll heavily tarnish their name and image, and lose a lot of support from gamers that previously supported them. And then there's those policies that they practically had no good reason to do whatsoever, like rendering all bought games useless after being banned.

And for those who didn't believe that there were Microsoft employees doing what I posted, here's a video of it:

Blog Entries

This is why I'm glad I have a PC and don't deal with any of this next gen console crap.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Too bad none of this terrible publicity will make a bit of difference in the sales of the Xbox One.

And then after the Xbox One sells just as well as the 360 did, if not better, all these terrible business moves will become industry standards.

RIP video games.
    I disagree. I think the difference is already showing when so many 360 players are talking about not bothering with the Xbone. What was it on the IGN poll? Something like 83% going for Sony, and the next lot down was Nintendo? That kind of result hasn't been seen for some time on IGN to my knowledge. Most of my 360-playing friends have told me they will be looking to get a PS4 first, Xbone maybe second. I only know of one person who is actively stating how eager they are for the Xbone. I did know two, but one of them recently switched. So it's just HasteInTime now.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Too bad none of this terrible publicity will make a bit of difference in the sales of the Xbox One.

And then after the Xbox One sells just as well as the 360 did, if not better, all these terrible business moves will become industry standards.

RIP video games.
    I disagree. I think the difference is already showing when so many 360 players are talking about not bothering with the Xbone. What was it on the IGN poll? Something like 83% going for Sony, and the next lot down was Nintendo? That kind of result hasn't been seen for some time on IGN to my knowledge. Most of my 360-playing friends have told me they will be looking to get a PS4 first, Xbone maybe second. I only know of one person who is actively stating how eager they are for the Xbone. I did know two, but one of them recently switched. So it's just HasteInTime now.
    Yeah, I'm actually agreeing with BoB here.

It's more than just the hardcore fans who follow the media outlets. I have a number of casual gamer friends and such, and they're all aiming for the PS4 as the new system, even those who had an XBox 360.

For some, it's the price tag, of course (which, for casual gamers, is actually a pretty important piece of info). But for those who don't follow gaming media, they know people who do. Word of mouth, recommendations about systems, and negative points travel pretty quickly. And to someone who isn't invested in a system or its exclusives, a single big negative can make a huge difference.

Things like the always online connection, the eternally active cameras, the horrible public relations Microsoft has been displaying, or the simple fact that most gamers simply talk about the new XBox as though it were dead all have had pretty large impacts on my non-hardcore gamer friends, and that's before I started talking to them about the issue (and I'm not exactly helping Microsoft right now).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post

RIP video games.
    Yeah, I'm actually agreeing with BoB here.

It's more than just the hardcore fans who follow the media outlets. I have a number of casual gamer friends and such, and they're all aiming for the PS4 as the new system, even those who had an XBox 360.

For some, it's the price tag, of course (which, for casual gamers, is actually a pretty important piece of info). But for those who don't follow gaming media, they know people who do. Word of mouth, recommendations about systems, and negative points travel pretty quickly. And to someone who isn't invested in a system or its exclusives, a single big negative can make a huge difference.

Things like the always online connection, the eternally active cameras, the horrible public relations Microsoft has been displaying, or the simple fact that most gamers simply talk about the new XBox as though it were dead all have had pretty large impacts on my non-hardcore gamer friends, and that's before I started talking to them about the issue (and I'm not exactly helping Microsoft right now).
    I can see the point there. Although I must point out that the Kinect is not always on in terms of the Camera itself which is only on when the console is and the Dev can disable that for a game. While the X1 is off, the Kinect's mic is only on standby always listening for a phrase- that is "Xbox On!" that's it. It never records anything according to Microsoft themselves. To me it wont matter, for others I can see an issue with the requirements of online, that being a 24 hour check and the used games bit but honestly and personally:

I buy always new (doesn't always need to be on day one though but I can)

I have stable constant broadband that I pay for

I dont trade-in

I dont buy used games

I collect my video games

I dont sell my games (when I do it's to a Friend)

I always wanted Skype integration for communication and higher fidelity reasons (D&D, W40k, or Pathfinder anyone?)

I always liked the idea of gifting a purchase to a Friend
    (With the X1 I can Imagine a freind gifting a gift purchase for a gift you gave)

I like the freinds I have met on Xbox (they are all getting the X1 & some a Wii U or PS4 with it)

I get all of my account stats moved over to the X1, including Avatar stuff.

Lastly, The controller I like.
    I could really go on for the pros and cons I have but there is no need. There is something for everyone this coming Generation. That is something for celebration. :]

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Am I the only who doesn't see this ploy as that big of a deal? Lots of companies do it with lots of products.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think people might be overall less impressed right now because of some of the stuff they've recently learned about the Xbox One?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Xbox One price defended by Microsoft: "We're over-delivering value" - Gaming News - Digital Spy

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick explained.

"We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at - $499 isn't a ridiculous price point.

"We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it.

"We're really making the living room your centre of fun for your family."

Discuss. It has to be said, Microsoft do love to play their own trumpet.

thousands of dollars of value? but i already have a TV

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Xbox One price defended by Microsoft: "We're over-delivering value" - Gaming News - Digital Spy

"It's a lower number than some of the analysts had forecasted," Mattrick explained.

"We're over-delivering value against other choices I think consumers can get. Any modern product these days you look at - $499 isn't a ridiculous price point.

"We're delivering thousands of dollars of value to people, so I think they're going to love it when they use it.

It's the PS3 and "THE POWAAAHHH OF THE CELL" and "We have the best value because of Blu-ray" all over again. It's amazing how the roles have suddenly switched.

Not to mention what Mattrick said in an interview with Keighly. The fact that MS tried to get all those videos taken down was both hilarious and expected at the same time.

Xbox executive Don Mattrick speaks his mind on Xbox One bashing - E3 2013 - YouTube

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

"Please, honest, there are good points! Look at the all good points! No I'm not going to give any examples, but trust me, there are reasons to buy our console!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

It's the PS3 and "THE POWAAAHHH OF THE CELL" and "We have the best value because of Blu-ray" all over again. It's amazing how the roles have suddenly switched.

Not to mention what Mattrick said in an interview with Keighly. The fact that MS tried to get all those videos taken down was both hilarious and expected at the same time.

Xbox executive Don Mattrick speaks his mind on Xbox One bashing - E3 2013 - YouTube
    The funny thing is, the PS3 really WAS the best value at the time, because it combined a machine that could play PS1, 2, and 3 games, and DVD and Blu-ray. Blu-rays at the time were really expensive, going for over 1000 bucks alone.

360 was 400 bucks to just be able to play games and DVDs, while you still had to pay money to buy the HD-DVD add-on and to even play online on the system.

Microsoft's thoughts kinda make sense if you think about it. There's a ton of technology packed into the system.
    Last edited by Polnareff; 06-18-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff
    The funny thing is, the PS3 really WAS the best value at the time, because it combined a machine that could play PS1, 2, and 3 games, and DVD and Blu-ray. Blu-rays at the time were really expensive, going for over 1000 bucks alone.

360 was 400 bucks to just be able to play games and DVDs, while you still had to pay money to buy the HD-DVD add-on and to even play online on the system.
    Very true, but it was still too much for gamers to pay and it showed in the first 1-2 years.

It looks like even the government is against the XBox One. Or at least, the eternally active cameras that come with it.

I think what the government is doing is reasonable. I mean, privacy is a right that should never be invaded upon. Sure, the government wants cameras in places like buses and banks, but it's not like they'd go so far as to stick security cameras into every house.

...I feel quite bad doing nothing but saying anti-Microsoft things here on EoFF. That's all I seem to ever be posting about recently. Well, given that I've practically given up on this place due to how fed up I am with all the PC Gaming biasedness here on EoFF, it's probably better for me to not post here as much than to always start flame wars with PC fans.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post
    It looks like even the government is against the XBox One. Or at least, the eternally active cameras that come with it.

I think what the government is doing is reasonable. I mean, privacy is a right that should never be invaded upon. Sure, the government wants cameras in places like buses and banks, but it's not like they'd go so far as to stick security cameras into every house.

...I feel quite bad doing nothing but saying anti-Microsoft things here on EoFF. That's all I seem to ever be posting about recently. Well, given that I've practically given up on this place due to how fed up I am with all the PC Gaming biasedness here on EoFF, it's probably better for me to not post here as much than to always start flame wars with PC fans.
    The German government is thinking of banning the Xbox One for this reason:
    German government says the Xbox One is a monitoring device :: TweakTown

I think that Germany's (my country's) censorship policies regarding video games are absolutely ridiculous. We, like the US, have school shooting problems, but here more of that blame is put on video games than even the US. However, they like other countries in mainland Europe take privacy VERY seriously, and I think they have a point on this one, even if all this PRISM stuff turns out to be utter nonsense.

You shouldn't feel bad man, stick to what you believe. 'Balance' for the sake of it means that someone watching a news channel where there are 2 guests on, 1 arguing against eating bees and the other arguing you should definitely eat bees means that people will go somewhere in-between and think "I guess i'll just eat a few bees" for the sake of balance.
    Last edited by Croyles; 06-18-2013 at 08:27 PM.