View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Premier League?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man Utd

5 23.81%
  • Man City

4 19.05%
  • Chelsea

6 28.57%
  • Some other team

6 28.57%
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26364041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 English Football Season

All Lukaku needs is a bit of consistency and focus. He's been great on loan at Everton this season, and I'd happily take him in the summer if we've got the money and Chelsea are willing to sell, but there's been times where he's looked incredibly average.

I'm not really complaining though, he's scored 15 goals for us and helped us to 5th place. If Mourinho keeps him around and puts him to work, I could see him becoming one of Chelsea's most important players in a couple of seasons.

Blog Entries

And so, with another season over, it's that time again...

OFFICIAL EOFF FOOTBALL THREAD SEASON 2013-14 QUOTES OF THE SEASON

Also known as the 'Loony BoB and Psychotic back and forth for literally dozens of pages and tens of thousands of words'

Quote Originally Posted by Closest prediction of Man Utd's season (Aulayna, 5 Aug)
    Man Utd are getting relegated.

Calling it here and now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Most wrong predictions in one post (Psychotic, 6 Aug)
    Crystal Palace are going to get relegated as smurf. Hull also I suspect. City and Chelsea will have storming starts to the season. United will start utterly woefully and David Moyes will be under a lot of pressure - 6th in January. From January onwards they will not lose a single game and end up losing the title to City or Chelsea on the last day on goal difference.

Liverpool FC to be surprise dark horses and everyone at the club will start talking about CL qualification and challenging for the title before the inevitable return to type and managing to scrape a Europa place ahead of surprise packages Norwich City.

CARDIFF TO FINISH AHEAD OF SWANSEA whattup
    Quote Originally Posted by Worst financial advisor (Loony BoB, 22 Aug)
    Still, even with Bale likely sold, Spurs have definitely used the cash arguably better than any other club at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worst Adnan Januzaj comparison (Old Manus, 6 Oct)
    Remember Federico Macheda?
    Quote Originally Posted by Time to start worrying (Loony BoB, 4 Nov)
    Three points off second place with three quarters of the season to go... not worried just yet. I just want us to stay in the top four.
    Quote Originally Posted by No really, start worrying (Loony BoB, 5 Dec)
    Still not worried about Moyes' abilities, in all honesty. I'll be content with a CL spot this season
    Quote Originally Posted by WORRY (Loony BoB, 2 Jan)
    No, I don't believe that a sole manager can suddenly render a ten-point title-winning side into trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by WOOORRRYYYYYY (Loony BoB, 3 Jan)
    "Pardew, Allardyce, Moyes, Mark Hughes" - come off it, mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by The 'Still stuck in last season mode' Award (Psychotic, 25 Jan)
    Prediction: unless LFC bring in two or three first team players in this window, all the good work we did at the start of the season will be undone and 7th is the best we can hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB in disguise (Rocket Edge, 29 Jan)
    Our attack is looking great again but if only we can hold it together at the back. If we do I'd be 100% confident of taking 4th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickest descent into mid-table mentality (Bubba, 5 Feb)
    I'm Man Utd for my sins
    Quote Originally Posted by Last man in Manchester to start worrying about Utd (Loony BoB, 26 Feb)
    I'm actually starting to sway into the negative camp about Moyes now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Best BoB impersonation (Psychotic, 10 Mar)
    For all the Moyes mockery I quite fancy United to go on a run for the rest of the season and Fellaini to be in top form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Least likely quote you would expect at the start of the season (Bubba, 16 Mar)
    I'm off now to cry my own tears whilst simultaneously masturbating over the DVD of our treble-winning season.
    Quote Originally Posted by First person to jinx Liverpool (Old Manus, 31 Mar)
    Could this be their year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggest underestimation of based Yaya's footballing resilience (DK, 13 Apr)
    Far more upset about Yaya being crippled than dropping the three points, if anything's going to bugger us in the last few games, it'll be that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggest overestimation of one's team's quality (Loony BoB, 20 Apr)
    Augh, we've played so bad today, it's like watching Arsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Most desperate scrape for positives (Loony BoB, 23 Jan)
    [after getting knocked out of the League Cup on penalties] Positive notes: We still won the match.
    And finally...

Quote Originally Posted by Post of the season and biggest sulk post of all time joint award (charliepanayi, 7 Aug, before the season has even started, and his last post in the thread)
    Fine, clearly you're making an early start this season with your need to belittle every post I make.
    Gif of the season was meant to be Juan Mata's reaction after the last minute equaliser from Fulham to make it 2-2 but I can't actually find a gif of it. Oh well. Till next season, brothers.

there was a picture here

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I should be annoyed at being quoted that many times in one of these (I normally escape fairly lightly) but I can't help but laugh, your quote posts at the end of a season are right up there with the best posts at EoFF. I have to go and change my nomination for the Ciddies now.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

been looking forward to that post since march. don't go and bloody bring it into the ciddies, not because I feel that James Hornby doesn't deserve it but I always feel like the football thread is like its own eco-system inside the world of effoff. this glory is only for those of us who have the good sense to get involved in the football threads.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair, I think these threads make it into almost every Ciddies final for Best Thread. Let's face it - those that don't follow football will be confused, and if anyone likes it and is a football fan we might have someone else to pick on. Maybe we'll recover a few Arsenal fans...

Blog Entries

I should be annoyed at being quoted that many times in one of these
    It's hard when geniunely at least 50% of the thread is you and Psychotic arguing about Moyes! Trust me, go back and check...

Also, I think the advent of charliepanyi's self-imposed exile from the football thread (he sure picked the wrong season for it) means that there are officially no Arsenal regulars anymore. I predict a sudden glut of Liverpool fans...

there was a picture here

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Always my favourite part of a football thread. I knew which posts of mine would make it in there xD

You can complain Daniel but you knew this was coming. It was an all or nothing Moyes war. If he'd succeeded, I'd be the one taking it up the arse - as it was, you reap what you sow my man!.
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Maybe we'll recover a few Arsenal fans...
    I've spent ten years driving them all out. Don't you dare undo my hard work.

I would like to nominate a Vine of the season, poking fun at Manus's very own Swans.

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/2B4...e6chHC7pRuvFB9

Chico dives and fakes injury, and Sam Allardyce's big fat belly starts shaking with laughter. Chico notices this, stops appealing to the ref and walks over to Allardyce like he's going to do something, and Sam laughs even harder in his face. I absolutely love it.

Gutted that I didn't make the quotes of the year, next year is my year!

Also, I'm curious to see if no Champions League has an effect on Man Utd's transfers this year. Liverpool being out of the competition definitely kept us from being able to bring in top class talent. I wonder if the Man Utd brand is strong enough to withstand this?

It's so funny to me how literally hours after the season is over, the transfer window jumps open again. We haven't even hit the World Cup yet! Can you even sanction deals yet or are they all wink wink, nudge nudge agreements?

Take care all.

Articles

I think a CL-less United with Van Gaal has a better chance of getting good players than a CL-qualified United with Moyes. Never mind that he has obviously got a wider network of contacts and has managed better players than Moyes, you ask any footballer on the continent if they'd like to play under Van Gaal, and then ask if they'd like to play under Moyes. Nobody in Europe had even heard of Moyes!

Also random thought - Van Gaal taught Mourinho, Mourinho taught Rodgers, Rodgers taught Garry Monk. Garry Monk is the Manager Who Was Promised. An English manager who is actually good, I suppose. Not been one of them since the 80's!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I think we might miss out on some players who are late in their years and want to enjoy CL football while they still can. I also feel that if it were last year, we'd be screwed because we would be entering a World Cup and players want to play before World Cups, and our gametime will be weakened.

This year I feel that we can afford to play our best side for most of the PL season and the squad will have to sit it out. Many will want to leave because of that more so than the lack of CL football.

Articles

I don't think you need any more players who are late in their years. Indeed it seems as though you are actively trying to get rid of them!

Blog Entries

#PrayForYaya

there was a picture here

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

on one hand, this is an annual post season tradition from his agent now. on the other hand I just had a look at his twitter and he's all over the place. an hour ago he posted some random joke and a statement that people shouldn't take words that don't come out of his mouth seriously, then half an hour later he's saying that his agent speaks for him, speaks the truth and he'll talk about it after the world cup. I'm kind of imagining him and his agent wrestling over his phone trying to send different messages.

still the best midfielder in the world bar none. no one else comes close!

Articles

Tom "The Brand" Cleverley comes close.

Or, on a serious note, Jonjo Shelvey and Jay Spearing.

Blog Entries

The BBC article has changed at least 3 times today. First he's angry, then he's not, now he's angry again (or is he?). I must say this is probably the most precious display I've ever seen a footballer make.

there was a picture here