Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415162030 ... LastLast

Thread: BoB's Top 100 Games

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

No you're being far too polite, as FFXII is the worst abortion in video game history.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    HURFA DURFA YOUR GAME SUX
    Burka Lurka turka monobrow?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

83. Tomb Raider (2013)
    PlayStation 3, 2013

This is actually the only main Tomb Raider game I've played for more than five minutes, although I have played a large amount of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (I think that's right) and Danielle has a copy of Tomb Raider Anniversary or something like that. I forget exactly which. Either way, this was my real introduction to Lara Croft as a video game character and I thought she was a fantastic lead. I expected the game to play a lot like Uncharted, and to some extent it did but it still allowed itself to be very unique so I never really found myself reminded of the Uncharted series at all. The side characters were generally alright, the combat was good and the story worked well enough. I liked the leveling system which reminded me a bit of Far Cry 3, and I liked the exploration value and environments. The moment I finished the game I didn't feel compelled to carry on with doing anything further, but I wouldn't be surprised if I pick this game up again someday and at least have a vague shot at getting Platinum.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Either way, this was my real introduction to Tara Croft
    Not sure if intentional or not

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Aaaaaaaaahahahaha, not intentional. Fixed. Obviously force of habit!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Tomb Raider was an immensely fun game, and I honestly couldn't put it down when I played. :3

Whenever I see that people haven't played any of the early TR games, I am torn between recommending or not. They are also fun, but then I have a lot of nostalgia for them. Eh. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Maybe I'll get around to such things eventually, but I want to get through things like FFIII, FFIV and FFTactics before I start doing too many other retro games. And given IX took me three years, I have no idea how long it will be now. xD I'll probably play the next TR game before I play the old ones at this rate.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I actually think your ranking for FFIX was fair. Anything less than #1 would be too low for the rabid fans, and anything higher than not being on the list would be too much for MILF. EoFF seems to be the only place where it's considered the "BEST FF/RPG/VIDEO GAME EVER!!!!!" It was enjoyable, but didn't really grab me as much as several other FFs.

I have not played the new Tomb Raider, but I've heard it was fun.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    EoFF seems to be the only place where it's considered the "BEST FF/RPG/VIDEO GAME EVER!!!!!"
    No it's like that on /v/ too.

It didn't used to be that way but then people decided that liking FFVII was too mainstream.

The same thing happened with Majora's Mask and Wind Waker (suddenly all of 4chan's two favorite Zelda games) and with Metal Gear Solid 2 (suddenly all of 4chan's favorite MGS game).

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

82. Duke Nukem
    PC, 1991

I think I played this through to completion about four or five times when I was a kid. It was a badass game, it played fantastically. I can't remember anything I didn't like about it, although obviously being a 1991 game it didn't have as many features (including that third dimension) that many games today have. I actually liked the first game more than any of the other games in the series because while Duke was badass, he wasn't as immature as he was in later games. Or at least, it wasn't as focused on that immaturity (focus on gameplay wins for me). Don't get me wrong, the immaturity could be hilarious at times, but... yeah, I just prefer the original.

EDIT: Finally got around to adding pictures to all the games. Getting decent gameplay pics for the more modern games that aren't high resolution screenshots is surprisingly difficult.

81. Wolfenstein 3D
    PC, 1992

What a massive thing in the history of gaming. For me, this is one of the games that started it all, and I enjoyed every moment of it. There's a lot that while searching for the above screenshot I totally forgot about, and I'm really gutted I couldn't find a well-sized DeathCam shot because that's one of the things I forgot and it brought back even more great memories. From the hidden Pacman level to shooting up Hitler to finding secret walls behind endless secret walls just to reach a treasure trove... this game encouraged a mix of exploration, fun and skill and it rewarded all three. I should probably give it a go on one of the really high difficulties someday - I honestly can't remember if I ever did the hardest difficulty and survived.

Never could get into those old FPS's like that. Pretty much that includes Doom and this other one which name escapes me.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quake?

Well that too, but no. It had a lot of demons and a ghost head and trout.

No I'm not thinking Doom.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

If you count magic instead of guns, you might be referring to Heretic (I think that's what it was called).

YES! That was it.