• Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Grand Theft Auto V Gameplay Video

Looks stunning.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Visually it looks good, and some of the new gameplay looks interesting, but it also looks like they spent a lot of time making trout that I won't care about like golf, tennis, biking, fake stock markets, etc. Which just brings up awful memories of how horrible everything that wasn't doing a mission was in GTA4. We'll see what happens, but I won't expect much. If it is bringing back some of the things I hated most about GTA4 and combining them with the stuff I hated most about San Andreas (giant wide open spaces without a whole lot to do in them) than I'll probably pass.

Plus it's not Saints Row 4 so my interest in it isn't as high as they'd probably like it to be.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Looks like the GTA I've been waiting for. IV was a step back. It took away a bunch of stuff that made San Andreas fun. This one looks like its bringing that back, plus more.

Wow that's cool.
    At least the player can ride the plane again and there are so many things to do more than GTA IV, also wear a parachute and costumize (is this the right word?) car. Although I'm not sure that it'll be out on pc. Because no PC logo in the video. When I read on IGN website, they said that for pc not yet confirm. But I don't know
    Play 3 different characters on(or in?) one video game in(or on?) real time event/quick time event (is this the right word?) sounds pretty cool to me. Some new features like infest money to get more, buy car, it's way to good haha
    Looks like when not on the mission Franklin's dog followed him, I guess. I hope Rockstar not take away the mobile phone features from GTA IV.
    But this is my opinion

I agree with Depression Moon
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    IV was a step back. It took away a bunch of stuff that made San Andreas fun.
    Last edited by DanielCLFFF13; 07-10-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

It looks tight but it will be a tough sell with the amount of next gen games, especially watchdogs, that will be sitting on the shelf right next to it. GTA hits a spot no other game can but, idk, I think Rockstar timed this really poorly.

GTAIV minigames were fun, mechanics wise, but the golf and stuff makes this game look very Yakuza-ish...

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    GTAIV minigames were fun, mechanics wise, but the golf and stuff makes this game look very Yakuza-ish...
    I happened to really like Yakuza actually

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Welp, I am smurfing sold. trout looks awesome. Also I am smurfing thrilled the countryside is back, that was one of my favourite parts in San Andreas. And there's animals and diving now, hoo boy.

GTA IV was a huge letdown for me. It was an impressive world, but too much was on-the-rails, and Saints Row definitely overtook it. The two DLC packs were definitely steps in the right direction and made the game a hell of a lot better, so I strongly recommend those to anyone who found IV to not quite be the god tier game they were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Plus it's not Saints Row 4 so my interest in it isn't as high as they'd probably like it to be.
    I am probably more interested in V than I am Saints Row 4, and that's coming from someone who is probably the biggest Saints fan on this forum. I guess my problem with Saints 4 is that it doesn't appear too much of a leap forward, probably owing to the fact that it used to be DLC. It looks more like Saints 3.5 to me.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

See, I've only played Saints Row 3 because Sony gave it to me for free. So even if 4 is just more of the same (with aliens and super powers), I'm cool with that because I thought 3 ended too soon anyway. I'm not sick of it yet and I want more. But between the ridiculously over the top style of Saints Row 3, and the ridiculously over the top gameplay of Just Cause 2, I don't feel like there's much in that GTAV trailer that really sells me on the game. The stuff with three characters and switching between them on the fly could be cool, or it could be trout, and planning the missions could go either way as well, but beyond those, I didn't see anything that I either didn't already hate in previous GTA's, or has already been done really well in other games. We'll have to see how it all comes together, though I would guess that finding an unbiased opinion when it's released will be difficult since the press will undoubtedly be sucking the big old GTA cock when they hand out their scores, just like they did with GTA4.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Wh...whoa.

I'm sold.

Articles

To be honest with you, I think as IV was a step back in some ways from San Andreas, Saints Row 3 was a step back from Saints Row 2. 2 is definitely my favourite Saints game, put it that way.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could spend 50p and get this for the 360. Or I could spend £40 and get it for the PS3. Honestly can't decide.

I'm still going to wait for the PS4 version.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Do the GTA games have stories and endings? Or do they just keep going?
    I like Kung-Fu.

My predictions:

Rubber banded car chases
    One man army rambo missions where you wipe out the equivelant of the game world's population
    A ton of scripted events
    Some form of "social contact sim"

Until all of these are proven wrong I probably won't get it.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Do the GTA games have stories and endings? Or do they just keep going?
    They reboot the universe every console generation. The PS2 games each had their own main storylines, but were all interlinked (and took place over about 20 years) in terms of some character crossover.