Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How important is EoFF in your life?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Over the past 12 years it has had varying importance to me. 2001-2004 it was something to check out when I was bored and read about FF in the lower forums. I never even posted in the upper ones. Didn't really have any friends on the forum and no one really knew me. 2004-2010 I made a lot of friends and became close to a few people and everything was a flurry of activity. I checked out the place multiple times every day and racked up most of my posts/visitor messages. I can't exactly say it helped me develop and become who I am because I was already an adult but it did influence things in my life and held a few important parts of it. Unfortunately by the end of it most of the people I cared about were gone and I only met a handful of new people. I also kinda drifted apart from other people I was friends with. 2010-2012 I rarely posted and had trouble finding interest in things happening here. I still checked on the place infrequently but I posted far less than I came here. Now I'm back to checking the place at least once a day and would like to get closer to people again. It's made it's way back onto my browsers most visited sites list again. Sometimes it's discouraging though.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I joined back in '05 when I was 15, and now I'm 22 almost 23, so that means I've been here about 8 years. I haven't been here as long as a lot of you have, but this place has seen me through troutty relationships and eventual breakups, trouble with my dad, a tornado sweeping away my hometown, me getting my first job...it was very important to me back in the day and I still have a soft spot. I don't feel as much like i belong as opposed to how i used to feel though. Not that I completely feel like an outsider, i'm just so far out of the loop and have so much more to worry about now! I still care about all of you <3 I'm friends with a lot of you guys on facebook and I may not comment a lot of things but I do read most if not everything that you all post.

Basically in a way i was raised here, in one of my most critical times, and I thank those of you who were there to help me through <3 I was just talking to a friend of mine from #eoff about how much I miss those late night msn/skype convos I used to have with a lot of you

What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that I'm not as close to this place as I used to be. And it makes me a little sad. But also happy because it means I have finally found my way in life

I consider a bunch of eoffers pretty good friends. I had a live-in relationship with someone from the site a long while ago. I find myself going months at a time without logging in but then there are times like now when I'll be around almost every day.

Pretty important.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I didn't join until the end of my teenage years, so unlike what many of you experienced, it never carried me through any particularly tough times. I do wish I had joined sooner as it could have made those years a lot brighter. EoFF has been with me for a good number of years now, though, and taken up large amounts of my days. I've made closer friends here than anywhere else, and of course I'm banging Shorty so that's always a plus. EoFF is a big part of my life - a good 37% at least. It's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    I've been slowly uploading bits and pieces of my personality to the EoFF servers over the years, so this place is literally a part of me. Or I guess I'm a part of it.
    Is that what those del_murder_001.zip files were? I cleared those out, sorry :/

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

for me this is a place where i can relieve myself
    i feel like i can post all my crap here without being judged very harshly.
    even though i am here a year or 2 i am now becomming realy active with posting etc.
    i hope to actually make some friends here ^^

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It is important enough to me that I get upset every time the site goes down and I can't read new posts. Ido 't generally post a lot like everyone else who has been around for years, but I am here browsing and reading in gc and eoeo pretty much every day.

Anyway, who else in the world can I be vulnerable to? I am too much of a coward to be truly vulnerable to people I know, especially right now.
    You guys are unconditional and constant.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Blog Entries

Like others, its significance in my life has varied a lot throughout the years. Though it has had a pretty big impact, and will always remain an important place to me.

During the last 2-3 years or so, it has mostly been "that nice place to hang around a bit on". My main interests are mostly very specific threads and chatting a bit with specific people in PM or usernotes.

That said, EoFF has effected my life greatly. Or rather... some specific people that I've met here (though not all of them are around anymore) have effected my life greatly. To bring up a few examples, Trumpet Thief is the one who originally got me into anime. Now, I'm a die-hard anime fan. My anime-addiction has resulted in me meeting lots of awesome new people at anime-conventions. People I meet up with every now and then outside of the conventions too. Similary, Raven Nox got me into Touhou. Now, I'm part of the community "Touhou Sweden". A group of swedish Touhou fans that arrange things at conventions and have Touhou meetups and stuff.

...so Trumpet Thief and Raven Nox are indirectly responsible for me getting to know some of the best IRL friends I have and help me find some of my greatest passions. While it might not be on par with finding the love of your life and such, both of these two examples have had a huge impact on my life. And that's not even all either. I've gone places and met a few EoFFers too, which has been totally awesome.

(...like going to London and eat half of Pauls milkshake after finishing my own faster than he could finish half of his. I think I even had another one after that too.)

And while I, at this very moment, do little more than posting a tiny bit here and there and talk to Neo and a few others about random topic x, I do still consider the friends I have here on EoFF to be true friends that I value high.

...aaand as insanely crazy as it might sound to some of you, Neo is basically my go-to guy when it comes to game recommendations.

I joined when I was 13 or 14 (now approaching 24) and was never as constant a user as many here. Indeed I've only just poked my head back in recently.

In the first few months of me using EoFF I befriended two users who by utter coincidence happened to live in a town only a half hour drive away from my own home. After PMing like crazy for a few months and getting a huge crush on one of them, we decided to meet.

I brought along a couple of friends just in case we were meeting mad rapists, rather than friendly lovely EoFF girls. One of them was also an EoFFer, and whilst my own bid for romance didn't work out quite so well, her best friend and my best friend hit it off so well that they're still together to this day. Indeed, they're getting married in a few months time.

On a more personal note, EoFF showed me a community of people who were coming together to discuss my favourite series of games, that back then were examples of the sheer potency of storytelling. Telling good stories and making time for games are two very important parts of my life. I wonder if I would be the same person I am if it hadn't been for my time here.

Also Mafia, man. What an epic game to play on a forum like this. Are you lot still burnt out on it, or can I convince you to start a new round?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Wow, chalk up another marriage to EoFF!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Radje View Post
    In the first few months of me using EoFF I befriended two users who by utter coincidence happened to live in a town only a half hour drive away from my own home.
    Your location says Scotland. Where abouts are you? I mean, everywhere is just a half hour drive from somewhere else in Scotland, but that is beside the point. xD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Wow, chalk up another marriage to EoFF!
    What is the official count up to now?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Ah, geez. Eight? I think? Maybe nine? I'm not sure.

Rinoabella & Chickencha
    Spuuky & Calliope
    RSL & Sapphiresea
    Del Murder & Miriel
    PiP & Little Miss Awesome
    Dr Unne & Skye-chan
    Loony BoB & smittenkitten (soon)
    Necronopticous & Marshall Banana (soon)
    radje's pals (soon - not sure if they are EoFFers though?)

Lemme know if I'm forgetting someone.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

You forgot me and foa.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

You forgot me and Pantz too.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Me and Parker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.