Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How long does it usually take for the PS3 to stop being trout?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sony releases a lot of pc exclusives like planetside 2 and everquest but outside soe it all stays on console.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

New favourite thing about the console: the fact that you can't just play your games; you have to suffer through all sorts of red tape to be able to play. I'm gonna play Skyrim on my Xbox whilst the PS3 chugs through an arbitrary 8GB install.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

What's arbitrary about it? Are you sure you don't mean obligatory? In either case, this isn't a system issue, it is a developer issue. Each developer makes the decision on whether or not mandatory installs should be in their games. If you're gonna be mad, be mad at whichever retard developer made the game you're trying to play.

Seriously though, just give the console away to someone else if it's so smurfing terrible.

You live somewhere that's almost completely isolated from the rest of the internet, and are complaining about issues that almost no one else experience. It's time to consider the possibility that the problem exists between the controller and the couch.
    Last edited by Mirage; 07-18-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You are in a thread about nagging about the PS3.

On a related note, Okami HD. Happy days. <3
    Last edited by Quindiana Jones; 07-18-2013 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Manners, dearie.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

It's perfectly in line with the rest of the "value" in this thread
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, you posted that just as I edited it to make it less nobby. xD

My girlfriend and I take turns bitching about the PS3 as well, but it doesn't make it any less loved. There have been some stupid decisions made regarding that console that makes it less user-friendly than it could/otter have been. And even still, once you get over the bullcrap, it still ends up being a better investment than a 360. Though for processor-intensive games, I like to have them installed on my 360 anyway, so the PS3 requiring you to install certain games doesn't tend to bother me. Its library of games are better. Its internet capabilities are apparently better (my 360 keeps losing the damn signal, and they're within a couple feet of each other). Its hardware is apparently more durable (everyone I know has either had to replace their 360, send it in, or replace something inside on their own; including me). And once you get used to it, that's it. (The 360 dashboard keeps changing like every 6 months. And now they're putting advertisements all over it)

Edit: Why in the fudge did "could / otter" get replaced with / otter when there's no space? lol..

Edit2: .... I see. We are not allowed to say S H O U L D. Interesting

Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The benefit of a PS3 - that being able to play Okami HD - far outweigh the negatives - those being troutey interface, annoying... everything, flappy paddle controller. But my god, Okami HD.

Is.... Is so pretty.

Articles
    Blog Entries

To be fair to Quin, a lot of people have complained about the installs and updates and Sony apparently agrees, with the PS4's big push to allow you to play a game while it's installing/updating or even downloading off of the store. I think it might've taken Uncharted 3 an hour and a half or so to fully update and install when I started playing it a few weeks ago.

I would say the installs are worth it, though, as there's tons of games which used it for shorter load times and higher res textures, some directly in comparison to their 360 counterparts. A lot of the PS3's exclusives prided themselves on pushing the boundaries and this was done in no small part to the installs.

In any case, Xbox fans complaining about the PS3, even after they inevitably purchase one, was sooo 2009.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I just set my PS3 to automatically update at night when I am not using it. *shrugs*