Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Remastered Journey

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Default My Remastered Journey

As promised I am now going to do a complete run through of the remastered graphics of the PC version of FFVII PC Version.

First off let me state that I am no expert on modding but if you want to replicate my experience then feel free to use the same mods as I have.

Here are what my objectives will be:

Have Aerith have Great Gospel.
    Have at least 3 of my characters at level 99 (for the boost to Sephiroth's HP in the final fight).
    Have 3 sets of Mastered Materia (including 3 mastered Enemy Skill)
    Have level 4 limits for all 3 of my primary team (Cloud Cid and Tifa/Barret/Yuffie (haven't decided on who yet))
    Obtain all the very best Materia.

To patch the game I can give you a brief outline of what you need to download, start off by heading here:

Bootleg Automated Patcher

Here is where you can download the automated patcher, its really simple, go to your game install location (which needs to be C:/Games/) and create a new folder and name it FFVII Mods, this is where you will be downloading all the mods. Unzip the Bootleg configurator into your FFVII Mods folder. Run the BFE App (Bootleg Front End) and here you can play about with the settings like the pictures documented below.

Now onto what I have in my patched game:

Patched Settings

Once you have finished playing about with what settings you want, click the big blue splash button named Mod Listing and something resembling this should pop up:

Now you might just think "What the hell, lets download all the mods" but bear in mind that there are a CONSIDERABLE amount of mods, and some of them are completely pointless see the yellow settings on the list named 640blah blah blah: that's just different FMV's and each of them take up a fair amount of space. Also each time you change the settings, you will only see the difference if you start a new game AND patch the game (which takes about 45-50 minutes each time you change settings) which lets face it, is just not worth doing.

That aside, you can see the key at the top of the list. Now something to be aware of which I noticed, some of the mods require the mod to stay in its archived file format (so if you unzip it it still wont realize it has the necessary file in the C:/Games/FF7Mods folder) so just click the link, download it and make sure you unzip/not unzip it as according to the listing in the configurator.

After downloading all the required files (which is the longest part of the patching process) you will need to close the colour coded list and reopen it again, BE SURE you do not click the red splash button named Run Bootleg until all mods listed are either yellow or green otherwise you could corrupt your instillation of the original game. Once you are sure you are ready click the Run Bootleg button and the lengthy process of patching it will begin.

While it is patching every so often it will look like it has crashed or like its doing nothing: DO NOT STOP IT! As I said it can take a fairly long time and every so often you will get a popup asking you to confirm certain details, so be sure to stay with your computer while it is patching and keep an eye out for any popups. I should also note that about 2/3rds of the way through you will be asked to patch the music and at the end of installing which ever sound track you choose (of which Anxious Hearts Professional remix) it will have a tick box asking you if you want to run FFVII... MAKE SURE YOU UNTICK IT! Otherwise the entire patching process will smurf up.

After all this you will finally be ready to play the modded version of FFVII!!

One final note: part of the way through the patching process there may be times you get a text file saying xy or z has failed, fear not, this is perfectly normal and should just be ignored.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Use Tifa. Name her Sam after me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Ooo I'm excited to see what it looks like. Here's a confession, never played this game

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Use Tifa. Name her Sam after me.
    I intend to name all characters after people from EoFF lol, although all my main characters are already reserved lol I intend the following:

Cloud = Carl (gotta be)
    Barrett = DK
    Tifa = Snacks
    Aerith = Aulayna (apparently BoB didn't want to be named after her >.> and Aul is obsessed with Aerith)
    Nanaki = Formalhaut
    Yuffie = Shion
    Cait Sith = Noxy
    Vincent = Mike
    Cid = Dak
    Wonderful Chocobo = BoB
    Gold Chocobo = GoBo

If you want I can name one of my other chocobo's after you ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Ooo I'm excited to see what it looks like. Here's a confession, never played this game
    Never.
    Played.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I WANT A LET'S PLAY. I WANT TO SEE THIS.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

It starts

Loving the Scorpion Guard, looks damned impressive.

Having blown the reactor and mercilessly slaughtered 8 guards, Carl precedes to be bad ass as always ^^

Seems they missed me!

After all this time Snacks and Carl are reunited!!!

And so concludes part 1 of our journey.

To be continued....

Blog Entries

reunited and it feeeels so gooood
    transparentkelly.gif
    now safe beneath their wisdom, and their feet;
    here i will teach you truly how, to sleep.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

DK is the objectively correct name for Barret, but Cuch is probably the best Cid Highwind. Also you should name Aerith "BoB" or "BoBlover" just to bug him.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    DK is the objectively correct name for Barret, but Cuch is probably the best Cid Highwind. Also you should name Aerith "BoB" or "BoBlover" just to bug him.
    I definitely concur with Cuch being Cid. I can literally imagine it now. This one might be left field, but Aerith might be better suited to be played by Dr Assenov. She even has an Aerith theme and many of her artworks actually include Aerith. She might be a much better fit.

Sam is obviously the best Tifa, but hey, I'm not one to argue against people already dibbing who they are. Maybe when I do eventually get round to a Let's Play I might offer up some people.

Why is the aspect ratio stretched out? How can you play like that?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by comma View Post
    Why is the aspect ratio stretched out? How can you play like that?
    I prefer it that way, I am of the opinion that it gives the characters a more rounded shape, and seeing as I have entirely new character models its easy to adjust.

Anyways BIG update time with LOADS of pic to follow, though said images are just a fraction of what I have in my screenshot folder lol.

Its bed time, and its time to bid for who gets to sleep where, DK's offers me 2000...

...but who could consider DK when snacks is sleeping in the same room >.>

Then she proceeds to reminisces about last night sleeping

So we set out on our journey to bomb the number 5 reactor, everything is proceeding smoothly until...

Air Buster objected to me killing him in 3 hits, so he blew a hole in the ground, bringing an end to the mission shortly before Reactor #5 bit the dust.
    Last edited by Carl the Llama; 07-21-2013 at 02:59 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Default Bodyguard Carl!!!

As we pick up, we find ourselves in a Church in the company of Aulayna the Flower Girl, she helps our hero Carl recover and things are going smoothly, when suddenly Reno appears and Aulayna asks our profession...

"I'm a bit of everything..." is our heroes response.

Aulayna correctly surmises Carl's past, naming him as a member of SOLDIER.

Mission successful, Carl says he has to get back to Sector 7 and Snacks bar. Aulayna says she will take him and that they can go in the morning... reluctantly Carl stays the night hoping the sneak away early in the morning...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why do Tifa and Aeris have the same hair?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Default Romancing the Don!

We start out early so as not to put Aulayna in any unnessisary danger, but lo and behold, the Voices of the Planet told her that Carl was trying to sneak away and Pre-empts him, meeting him in the street...

By magic, she manages to get ahead of Carl meeting him all bright eyed and bushy tailed

Just outside the gate Carl & Aulayna take a break and all all good and well till they see Snacks being carted off to see the Don...

Having discovered Snacks is being held with the Don, Aulayna come up with the idea of having Carl turn cross dresser so he can get in to be the Don's new bride *cough* to save Snacks!!!

Transformation Successful... it seems the Don has chosen Snacks as his bride, Carl seems ready to fight her for the Don's Affection...

But knowing Snacks would just bitch slap him, Carl -dejected- takes his frustration out on the Don's peace loving men!

So our chapter comes to a close, Don in defeat, reveals all... The plate, the killing... trout just got real...

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Why do Tifa and Aeris have the same hair?
    A better question is wtf is up with Cloud's hair? ._.