Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 267891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Anime

Articles
    Blog Entries

A classic. I don't find the second half to be nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

Not breaking faith today Shaibana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i have watched Naruto, wich pretty much died at a certain moment.
    i have watched Bleach, wicj got so boring at a moment that i stopped wtching
    i have watched Fairy Tale (or taile) i loved it and i dont really know why i stopped watching it, i do mean to pick it up one day.

my latest watch was Attack on Titan, i stopped watching becaus i got so fed up with those long emotionly politicly right speeches that they give 2x an episode :l
    that pretty much counts for every anime.. so i think im done with it (for now)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Animes I watched, but not limited to because I tend to forget a lot, are:

Cardcaptor Sakura
    Claymore
    Dragon Ball
    Hellsing
    InuYasha
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Pokemon
    Ranma
    Revolutionary Girl Utena
    Sailor Moon
    Shaman King
    Slayers
    Sorcerer's Hunters
    Strawberry Panic
    Trigun
    Yu-Gi-Oh

Haven't watched many of these in a while. Most recent anime I watched was the first four episodes of Utena.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Geez, you guys need to watch Steins;Gate. If that doesn't rekindle your hopes in anime then I give up. But you need to watch it.

Blog Entries

Trigun has the best opening ever

Blog Entries

I usually read much more than watch animes. I find it more fun to read, though that likely contributes to having been a fan of reading more than watching TV in my lifetime.

Anyways, here's a list of things I've seen/read thus far:

Naruto (And as someone said earlier, yes this has basically died. Shame, really ... )
    One Piece
    Elfen Lied (So damn sad .. but beautifully well written.)
    Waltz in a White Dress (I don't think they've made an anime but this is a really worthwhile manga to read, especially if you love anything involving romance)
    Claymore
    Gundam Wing
    Angelic Layer
    Cardfight!! Vanguard (Seen only, not read up)
    Sword Art Online (Saw all of Season 1 ... never yet tried Season 2 due to recommendations to avoid it)
    Yu-gi-oh!
    Yu-gi-oh GX
    Yu-gi-oh 5Ds
    Hellsing/Hellsing Ultimate
    Vampire Hunter D
    Sailor Moon
    Pokemon
    Romeo x Juliet

And there's a lot more. In fact, that's not even half my list, I'm pretty sure. But those are definitely some off the top of my head of my favorites, hands down.

My Top Lists can also be found here.

3rd Year Pureblood Slytherin Here

Articles
    Blog Entries

Forgot about One Piece. Then again I only saw the 4KIDS dub of it so it's probably good I forgot.

Add Sonic X to the list too.

Blog Entries

That's a good reason I read over watch. Dub is more often than not horrid in terms of voice actors. And .. ugh. I just can't stand it. x.x

That's the beauty of reading; no fear of bad voice acting and why I do that much more often. If I do watch, it's always ​subbed. Always.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Currently watching Sword Art Online. People are put in a virtual reality MMO world and cannot leave unless they beat the game.
    You die in the game, you die in real life

One of the most overused plotlines I have ever encountered in anime. xD It is probably never bad, but I just can't bring myself to watch it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post

You die in the game, you die in real life

One of the most overused plotlines I have ever encountered in anime. xD It is probably never bad, but I just can't bring myself to watch it.
    To some degrees, I can't blame you. I only watched it to see what the hype was.

The concept of being able to go into an MMO you love and actually be the character you make is awesome ... but yeah, there were definitely some things about SAO I didn't overly enjoy, especially as a realist.

But the two things I can say I loved on it no doubts were ...

1. It's opening song (though this is coming from a musically-inclined person so ..)
    2. The combat scenes. When they did show up, they were really well done.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I don't even mean just SAO. I mean every single anime with that plotline that comes out each season without fail. There's always at least one. xD

Blog Entries

Maybe it's just because I grew up insanely sheltered ... but I don't see that many animes/mangas which use the same plotline.

I know .//Hack does (sorta with some very obvious differences) for sure but only because Vein's given me brief info on it.

Aside from that though .. I can't say I've overly heard it used much elsewhere.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I prefer watching anime over reading manga mainly for one reason: the soundtrack. I could not imagine Elfen Lied without Lilium anymore. And I suppose I also enjoy the overall anime experience more.

I found SAO to be very much enjoyable and definitely one of the better shonen series I've seen. I do think there are miles between shonen in general and the shows I'd consider my favorites. Shonen are typically pretty awesome when you first watch them, but don't leave a long-lasting impression. Pretty much the opposite of, say, Clannad, which I still grow to appreciate more and more even now (and has taken over Elfen Lied as my favorite anime btw).

I have an opinion! I don't watch as much anime as I used to but it still holds a dear place in my heart.

My favorites list:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Seriously. I love this anime so much! It does help that I watched it week by week (constantly anticipating the next episode) but it holds well back to back too. I felt so pumped up and inspired by every episode! Simon and Kamina and Yoko and Nia and Kitan.... my goodness. Just endless likable and lovable characters. I rarely like shows with mechs in it but this one did it for me.

Seto no Hanayome
    I laughed the entire way through this anime. It was endearing and genuinely funny the entire way through, I thought. I watched the entire thing in one giant marathon because I couldn't put it down.

Fate Stay Zero
    The only sad thing about this anime is that it helps to either read a very, very long wiki about the story before watching, play the game (which is a hentai game but so much more than just that), or watch Fate Stay Night the anime first which is by no means bad but it just isn't as entrancing as this one. Dark, deep, morbid, infuriating, etc. This one really was spectacular and filled to the brim with amazing fight animations and suspense.

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
    First, you should watch Full Metal Panic before watching FMPFumoffu so you can appreciate it to the full extent! I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the Full Metal Panic series though (there's two seasons plus Fumoffu). Fumoffu is just goofy OVA stuff and it is HILARIOUS! The regular stuff is also very funny but has a great number of very romantic/serious moments too.

This is going to take way too long if I give my opinions about each one but others that are high up on my list -

Genshiken - hilarious!
    Durarara!! - quirky, badass
    Gankutsuou - beautiful, unique, dark

I'm currently watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm only one episode in so far but I'm looking forward to things getting to crazy soon.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Articles
    Blog Entries

...I haven't seen any of those. Reminding me yet again that I still have a long way to go.

I just watched the first episode of NANA. I think this series is gonna be good.