Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking bad - Final Season (Contains aired episode spoilers)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed on all points. Especially Jesse's face. ;___;

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Hank isn't a bad shot. That gunfight was ridiculously unbelievably.
    Yeah, if that many guys are shooting at you and you have one handgun you don't just fire willy-nilly. -_-;

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The gunfight was definitely bad. Walt recklessly driving out there without considering Hank could be tailing him and confessing over the phone was bad; it was definitely a forced plot point to set up the confrontation. Hank thinking that they have Walt and that it was all over then was really bad (they still had a lot of work to do to connect any of those confessed crimes to actual crimes, and Hank was going to have to work around Walt's phony confession and the $177k). But the rest of the episode was good. Hopefully the resolution of the situation isn't as silly and forced.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i think it's all right
    walt's desperate again
    the cancer's back and the money might get taken away? yeah he panics. he wouldn't consider jessie teaming up with hank. and this is right after saul walked into his car wash and told him huell's probably dead.

but yeah that gunfight mixed feelings about that

a lot of this episode was predictable, especially after the phone call to marie. shame about hank he's not likely to survive this. altho if he did that would make the whole predictable episode a lead up to something unpredictable.

honestly i feel like what ItooktheRedPill said before, with the nazis takign jesse to cook and walt coming after them is the thing that's gonna happen.

i also feel like brock's gonna do walt in somehow.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The gun fight wasn't any worse than the plane thing a few seasons back. Breaking Bad has never really been all that realistic of a show.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Hank has thrown up so many death flags this episode.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    The gun fight wasn't any worse than the plane thing a few seasons back. Breaking Bad has never really been all that realistic of a show.
    oh man i forgot about that

that was the moment we went into fairy tale territory and i swear if the end = walt's been hit by the wreckage and all this happened in his head i'll be pissed

ps they announced they're doing a 'Better Call Saul' spinoff with certain actors returning and since that's spoiled for me who survives i suggest you avoid the news for it until a month from now
    and even then i hope it's a joke

I've been thinking that the whole Saul spin-off thing could be bulltrout and an attempt to conceal the fact that Saul will end up dead by the end of it.

And honestly, I'm not too keen on that idea as a whole. Saul is one of my favorite characters in the show, but he shines when he's shown like once every episode or two. He's a great supporting character, and integral to the plot of Breaking Bad, but I don't think an entire show based around him would be all that good.

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    oh man i forgot about that

that was the moment we went into fairy tale territory and i swear if the end = walt's been hit by the wreckage and all this happened in his head i'll be pissed

ps they announced they're doing a 'Better Call Saul' spinoff with certain actors returning and since that's spoiled for me who survives i suggest you avoid the news for it until a month from now
    and even then i hope it's a joke
    It's a prequel.

It's also going to be awful, guaranteed

(SPOILER)
    Last edited by Parker; 09-13-2013 at 01:15 PM.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't think Saul will die, but I do think his show is going to blow. I will still watch it because it will be a chance to possibly see people like Mike again. Mike was awesome. "Shut up, Walt."

lol: http://www.savewalterwhite.com/

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's pretty evident what's going to happen next which is unfortunate.

I thought it was pretty weird how he took Holly to teach Skylar a lesson. Wtf??? You mean the person who was on your side who could have ratted you out at any time...how about YOU be grateful mother smurfer. smurfing Walt.

I also hate Skylar but not for any of the chauvinistic reasons most people do. I hate her because she is exactly what she said, "a coward". She tried like Walt to the keep family together though and that was commendable I suppose. I find it interesting how he didn't say who really killed Hank maybe so no heat could be looking for the skinheads leaving him to find them himself without any feds.

Saul gives him a new identity, he then goes to New Hampshire where he is still gradually dying from cancer. As a last resort, he buys a big ass gun to kill Todd and his men either to avenge his family (not Jesse because that would make no sense) and get all of his money back. The wire under his shirt is actually a bomb. He didn't go in to witness protection. Todd and his men probably know that Skylar knows too much and go to wreck his home and kill all the family.

All or none of them survive depending if Skylar goes in witness protection or not which she should. Jesse dies, but I haven't figured out how yet. My guess is that Walt poisons him with the ricin as Todd's men need him, so they'd want to keep him alive as long as possible to keep making the meth, but I think the ricin is mainly for Walt to take his own life.

And this episode kind of disappointed up until the knife part when Skylar finally grew a pair.

Articles
    Blog Entries

shiny,

that entire speech over the phone was because he knew the phone was being tapped and he wanted to clear any blame from skyler. it was an act, just like all his other acting. skyler realized it too if you look at her face, because she never did any of the things he said she did and did more than he gave her credit for. he was trying to take all the blame on himself once the investigation begins.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't say I was shocked by what happened, but I was more entertained with last night's episode than I have been with the previous episodes of season 5 part II. That was a very emotional hour of TV. I'm definitely looking forward to see what unfolds in the final two episodes.

Such an uncomfortable episode to watch yet I wouldn't dare be doing anything else.

Hank died a man's death. Badass to the end.

"Whoa! Not so fast there Sparky."
    I know some people have a problem with the nazis being introduced as the antagonists this late in the show, but i'm loving it.

Uncle Jack and Todd are increasingly interesting characters. Todd in a Buffalo Bill kind of sense; that guy gets creepier every episode.

Jack is kind of a folksy aryan Gus Fring. He's a bad guy, but also clever and charismatic.

he was trying to take all the blame on himself once the investigation begins.
    I agree. Walt's crying during this scene made it pretty powerful.