Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WiiU

Default WiiU

I was wondering if the wiiu is worth the money i really want one but i wanted to get the opinions of others who own or played 1
    Attached Images Attached Images

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Depends. Are you looking to play games? If so, best avoid it for now.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of good games out there, and good stuff is on the horizon. I am currently enjoying mine. I know that there have been emulators forever now, but the Virtual Console on the Wii U actually has some damn fine deals all the time. I mean, Super Metroid was 30 cents for a couple of weeks a couple months ago.

Much like the Wii and both versions of the DS, the Wii U seems to be slooooooooowly picking up steam in terms of fresh content. So unless there is a game out now that you REEEAAALLLLYYY want to play, I say wait for a bit and snag one if it drops in price by the time you want a few games for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    There are a couple of good games out there, and good stuff is on the horizon. I am currently enjoying mine. I know that there have been emulators forever now, but the Virtual Console on the Wii U actually has some damn fine deals all the time. I mean, Super Metroid was 30 cents for a couple of weeks a couple months ago.

Much like the Wii and both versions of the DS, the Wii U seems to be slooooooooowly picking up steam in terms of fresh content. So unless there is a game out now that you REEEAAALLLLYYY want to play, I say wait for a bit and snag one if it drops in price by the time you want a few games for it.
    thank u there is serval games i had my eye on thank u . U helped me make my decide i going to go for it

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you like what Nintendo puts out it's worth it, especially with the upcoming releases. The Mario on it is actually pretty damn good, very reminiscent of Super Mario World and not just because of the world map. And I gotta give it up to Nintendo for the minigames that come with the system, they sure know how to showcase their new, inventive hardware inputs.

There really isn't a whole lot, but you can find enough of the multiplatform titles that do come over there to keep you occupied before things pick up. Waiting for a price drop might be a good bet, though.

Good luck (have fun).

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So far it doesn't have that 'one game' to make it worth getting. New Super Mario U isn't going to do it for me. A major Zelda, 3D Mario, or Monolith Soft title will though.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I remember reading there was an important issue that needed to be fixed but you need internet connection to fix it.

But if you get one monster hunter tri......very good game, specially online ......i have it for ds and the orginal version for wii.

Well, if none of the current games out right now interest you enough, I'd say you should wait. The second half of 2013 is going to have a lot more Wii U releases, so maybe getting one just before the holidays (so that there's a good chunk of games out, but Wii U's aren't out of stock due to it being the holidays) would be a good idea. Personally, I really enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendo Land.

NSMBU's level design is the most dynamic and hectic it's ever been in a 2D Mario game (with floors constantly shifting on you and levels loaded with enemies, even in the first levels), the challenge mode is really fun and difficult (I've still yet to get gold on all the challenges) with a big variety of objectives (the ones where touching coins kill you is especially hard), and mastering controlling Mario and the boost mode platforms at the same time really makes for a fresh, difficult challenge (quite a lot of challenges in the game require boost mode). Plus, it retains the 4 player co-op of NSMB Wii, which I'm a big fan of.

Nintendo Land is a lot of fun, especially in multiplayer. The games where it's all of the Wii Remote players against the Gamepad players (Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion) are really fun, especially when everyone is talking and strategizing on how to get the Gamepad player. The ways the gamepad is used is quite unique as well, whether it's a dynamic camera and gun/bow aimer in Metroid Blast/Zelda Battle Quest, a Shuriken launcher in Takamaru's Ninja Castle, or an alternate camera view in Captain Falcon's Twisted Race (forward view for the TV, bird's eye view for the Gamepad, and you need to switch between both in different track parts). Some games aren't as intricate or content packed as others, but there's plenty of variety in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Ice View Post
    I remember reading there was an important issue that needed to be fixed but you need internet connection to fix it.
    Don't worry. All Wii U's from spring 2013 and onward include all of those first few month updates straight from the box, so all important issues have been ironed out regarding the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Ice View Post
    Don't worry. All Wii U's from spring 2013 and onward include all of those first few month updates straight from the box, so all important issues have been ironed out regarding the hardware.

Oh, well that's great then....I didn't see any news about it after so I didn't know.

thank u all for ur help

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

With the sales as they are buying a WiiU is a great way to piss away money on a console that's going to soon be abandoned.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think that's true at all. Well, the abandonment part, maybe not the pissing away. Even if third party publishers back away from the WiiU, they will still have the best first party publisher ever backing it and at least that counts for something.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

When the big publishers backed away from the PSP, that's when the best games started coming out for it. Turns out you don't need Ubisoft, Activision and EA to have a gamer's game machine.

I suppose something similar kinda happened to the Wii, with Mad World, Xenoblade, The Last Story and such coming out for it in later years... I think?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post
    With the sales as they are buying a WiiU is a great way to piss away money on a console that's going to soon be abandoned.
    The 3DS situation says hi.

Just because the sales are low now, doesn't mean it won't pick up steam later. With all of the 1st party content coming in the later half of this year, the Wii U is sure to pick up momentum and sales. Nintendo's 1st party titles have always been what sells their consoles, after all. Just look at the best selling games for Nintendo consoles. Sure, third party support has been rather weak for Nintendo home consoles, but it doesn't need them as much as their competitors, Sony and Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Adequate View Post

We'll see ...they still have legend of zelda coming out...and there was another game they had a trailer for that looked really good.