Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where were you...

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    I tried it and I got stuck because I couldn't figure out that Jesse's leg was stuck and I decided that the game was complicated and for older people.
    Yeah, I could never get past that part either. Hard game.

I'm playing this now, and Barret says we're supposed to meet on the bridge, but they all ran ahead of me. Guess I'll just hang with Wedge...

I first played Final Fantasy when my brother came to visit (Half brother technically, he was living his his grandmother, long story behind all this. ) and he'd brought over a copy of FF IV on the SNES. Oh god I fell in love. Tis among my earliest memories, the earliest being actually getting an SNES with Super Mario World.

I was 8, and a friend of mine at the time lent me his copy of FF3 for SNES (FF6 obviously), but being a young kid with a short attention span, action platformers were more my speed at the time so I never bothered playing more than about 15 minutes into the game; I regrettably passed it off as boring.

I was in my first year of middle school when the Playstation hit the scene and everyone was raving about FF7; I recall being baffled as to what the hell happened to Final Fantasy's 4-6. I never initially gave it a shot as I remembered not particularly enjoying FF3(6). About 3 years later, my younger brother had saved a little bit of money and brought FF8 home from the store because it was on sale and he thought the cover looked cool. Well, I don't know if I was just stricken by boredom or if it was something else, but one fateful day, I had decided to give FF8 a shot, and now that I was old and mature enough to sit back and take in the story for a change, I ended up loving it. It was at that point that I bought myself a copy of FF7 and low and behold, I loved it as well. I would later delve into FF9 and FF10, and having fallen in love with the series at this point, I longed to get a hold of FF6 once again, to give it the shot it always deserved.

I eventually got my hands on FF Anthology, which I was thrilled to see also contained FF5, which I knew nothing about; but FF6 was my objective for the time being. I was worried that my overexcitement would ultimately lead to a dissapointing and sobering experience, but to this very day, I can say that FF6 was not only not a dissapointing experience, but it is probably my favorite installment in the entire series. Anyhow, I would later go on to play every other series entry aside from the MMO's, but it all really came full circle with FF6.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I was at the video store and my dad (who has yet to play a Final Fantasy) saw Final Fantasy IX and said he heard it was very good.

He was right.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could take you - to the very foot - where I was when I first met Final Fantasy. I was in Insane Games, down the Avenue in Bridgwater (that's not code for anything), and I saw this PS1 game. Final Fantasy IX, Platinum Edition, no manual. £9.99. I looked at the back and figured it looked pretty interesting. This was pretty much my first dip into "proper" gaming, so I had my friend along with me. He said that Final Fantasy games were trout, but I ignored him and got it anyway.

Years later I stole the manual from another friend. No regrets.

Articles
    Blog Entries

At my home, eight or seven, my brother brought home Final Fantasy VII from Blockbuster and I played it while he was working. That was my introduction into the glorious world of Final Fantasy, as well as RPGs in general. I got as far as the Construction Yard on my first run-through and got stuck. But after I purchase the game myself and some dedicated hours playing it FFVII would go down as the first RPG and FF game I beat 8D

Blog Entries

i was sat at home drinking brain fluid when fred ring

'heat is die'

'no'