Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60 Songs have been Remastered for FFX|X-2 HD

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

FFX has one of the best soundtracks ever, which is not surprising considering it was made by the dream team: Uematsu, Nakano, and Hamauzu c:

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I... honestly don't know how I feel about the remastered battle theme. ._.

Articles
    Blog Entries

For me, FFX has one of the worst battle themes for me, but this new arrangement is I think a great improvement, the original sounds boring and...dull. This new track with the new instruments and edgier feel makes me feel pumped to fight a Dingo in Besaid!

I wish they made a brand new track for the Monster arena. As nice as this new arrangement is, people are in there for days, listening to the same old track over and over. It would be nice to have a Monster Arena theme specifically for all the difficult enemies. Sounds underwhelming fighting Nemesis with the original battle theme I think.

This sounds too mechanical for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    For me, FFX has one of the worst battle themes for me, but this new arrangement is I think a great improvement, the original sounds boring and...dull. This new track with the new instruments and edgier feel makes me feel pumped to fight a Dingo in Besaid!

I wish they made a brand new track for the Monster arena. As nice as this new arrangement is, people are in there for days, listening to the same old track over and over. It would be nice to have a Monster Arena theme specifically for all the difficult enemies. Sounds underwhelming fighting Nemesis with the original battle theme I think.
    I would argue this new arrangement is flatter overall; the original had a more dynamic sound. I agree about the Monster arena, and it goes double for the Omega Ruins! Talk about spending *a lot* of time in there with the same music... On days like that, I'll usually turn the sound down and put a record on or something.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

I would argue this new arrangement is flatter overall; the original had a more dynamic sound. I agree about the Monster arena, and it goes double for the Omega Ruins! Talk about spending *a lot* of time in there with the same music... On days like that, I'll usually turn the sound down and put a record on or something.
    I think repetition is responsible for a lot of the problems people have with the songs in the series. A lot of songs which would just be "ok" or which are actually fairly nice just inspire rage after so many repetitions.

The main battle theme for FFX, for example, never really gave me any problems, but the opening to it does get annoying when it's repeated for the thousandth time while you're farming monsters. And it's still nowhere near the worst offender of the series (Shuffle or Boogie).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.