Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Journals/Diaries

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I used LJ quite a bit up until a year or so ago. In the later times it was one update every few months or so in which I would just... blab out everything that's been going on, my various thoughts on feelings on ~life~ and everything that is included. Not done anything recently because... nothing has been happening really since I left uni. xD

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just carve the names of my victims directly onto my arm.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I used my LJ regularly from about 2003 - 2009, and I used to like reading other people's entries. I posted for the first time since university last week, and found it a surprisingly cathartic experience. Slightly tempted to start using it again but, alas, no one else really uses it these days, and I'm not sure I want to start moaning about work on it.

Though revisiting entries from my teenage years was like drinking a cocktail of angst, cringeworthiness, and laughter on the rocks.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have tried to keep a journal multiple times. I tend to fail when I do though. I usually just forget to write in it and then remember it months later.
    Though when I was deployed to Afghanistan I kept one fairly regularly. That is the only thing in it is my experiences there. I think I even let my family read it. I have it in a box somewhere.
    I tried keeping one recently, since my big break up, But I keep forgetting about it. Plus I don't have anything interesting to add to it.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I've tried keeping journals and stuff but yeah, like some have said the whole writing my thoughts down thing just doesn't work for me.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I got my first blank journal as a present when I was eight years old and I've basically been journaling on and off since then. Originally it was actually in pen and paper and then it moved on to Livejournal in about 2004, which I faithfully updated until I finally quit it for good early this year. Made a "goodbye and thanks for all the fish" entry and everything. So now I guess I am not doing any journaling. I'd start again but I'm lazy.

Fun fact: Probably 75% of my journal entries involve videogames. Hell even my very first journal entries were nothing more than "I GOT TO THE VANILLA DOME IN SUPER MARIO WORLD TODAY " I have this one entry that is dedicated completely to breaking some personal record in Uniracers. And several dozens dedicated to describing my Pokemon team at the time in great detail.
    Last edited by Pike; 09-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Dancing Chocobo

Even though we're not LJ friends, that still makes me sad Pike ;_;

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'd be willing to start LJ'ing again if other people were Link by the way!

I was never much of a journal fan, till I stumbled across LJ many years ago; it first started as a keeper of animanga/videogames thoughts-watching-playing-progress, but it did become a bit of personal as time went on.
    I don't use it as much as I used to, (mostly commenting on communities I follow now) but I would never take it down or anything, memories are important (and I've made some pretty great friends along the way, and actually met a couple) and it's refreshing to go back sometimes and see how life has evolved (or not, lol) and stuff.

It is sad though, that the golden era of LJ is gone, I guess all good things must come to an end- damn, remembering the 2007-2009 days, with CLAMP, Geass, Gundam etc fandoms on the explode, those were some pretty awesome days, they truly were.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I used to use LiveJournal all the time for a good 4 or 5 years but then I just took to internalising everything really as a lot of it really was just angst.

Blog Entries

Every year, I get a planner that I plan to use as a journal and do well for a month or so. Then my OC-ness kicks me in the behind and I start lagging behind dates and before I know it, it's gathering dust in a corner. I have a beautiful leather journal for the same reason with only 5 pages filled. Me and my short attention span. >.<
    I do write literary stuff in a blog though.

"I'm here for you, James. See? I'm real."

I'm not your Mary.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I used to use LiveJournal all the time for a good 4 or 5 years but then I just took to internalising everything really as a lot of it really was just angst.
    This, plus laziness.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

I've got an LJ which i use to check on people who still use it, I used to post there but nowadays I have my own blog where I spout when I can be bothered or want to.
    Making a slow come back since 2008

I don't think I'd ever want to put a journal up for everyone to see, or even have it online at all. However, I used to keep a dream journal, and noticed a major rise in dream recall and being able to identify signs that I was dreaming (yay lucid dreaming!). That's about it though, it was too much to keep up with and I'd eventually just want to sleep.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I wrote in mine for you sarah.