Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Default Game for Shorty

It's called "Spot the Hipster". When you are out and about, spot hipsters and decide if they're a good or bad kind of hipster; there is a difference. I'll grant that spotting a bad hipster is far easier. Bonus points for spotting a hipster chick, who seem to be much harder to locate unless they are wearing gigantic glasses.

Do you entertain yourself with any games when out and about? People watching for anything in particular? Just discuss what it's like when you go outside those few times a month.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I go out driving, I sometimes count the number of times I spot certain things. Like pedestrians, or a vehicles of a certain color, or whatnot. Makes driving around entertaining, but I still need to pay attention to the road. :P

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

You can only really do this when going to London. If you dress like a hipster in most other places then the chavs will probably say "you fookin startin you fookin poof, you avin a giggle mate?" repeatedly until you walk off. Incidentally, spot the chav is always a fun pastime. A wee bit 2005 now but I guess it's a classic now, like Monopoly.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are no hipsters in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, so I don't get to play this game.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's in Idaho and it's called Coeur d'Alene. That right there is a hipster town.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Quint Eastwood View Post
    It's in Idaho and it's called Coeur d'Alene. That right there is a hipster town.
    She even gets snooty about the pronunciation.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Shorty, surely you own a mirror. Look in it; congratulations, you've found a hipster!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    You can only really do this when going to London. If you dress like a hipster in most other places then the chavs will probably say "you fookin startin you fookin poof, you avin a giggle mate?" repeatedly until you walk off. Incidentally, spot the chav is always a fun pastime. A wee bit 2005 now but I guess it's a classic now, like Monopoly.
    As you can verify from your people-watching from your hotel room, you can dress pretty weirdly in Edinburgh and nobody will confront you over it.

I love people watching. I don't tend to make a game of it, although Danielle and I are happy to rate the physical appearance of random people we pass by on occasion. Haven't done that in a while, mind you. But people watching is great when you're on the top of a double decker bus and you can randomly watch all the goings-on below, particularly on Princes Street which is always busy.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    As you can verify from your people-watching from your hotel room, you can dress pretty weirdly in Edinburgh and nobody will confront you over it.

I love people watching. I don't tend to make a game of it, although Danielle and I are happy to rate the physical appearance of random people we pass by on occasion. Haven't done that in a while, mind you. But people watching is great when you're on the top of a double decker bus and you can randomly watch all the goings-on below, particularly on Princes Street which is always busy.
    How do you make the same topic of discussion everyone has been talking about sound so much more creepy?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm genuinely unaware that people find that creepy, because I've done it with so many people - including various EoFFers - that I thought it was normal.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

No, it's just how you make it sound.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

So basically you guys just think I'm creepy no matter what I say. Hmm...

Love your hair, Phil. Keep it that way. I like it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dear god...

well, as an ignorant American, I was under the impression that all Scottish people wear kilts all the time. is this true please confirm y/n

sometimes when I'm driving and know how far my exit is, I'll calculate how long it will take me to reach it and thus what time I'll reach it based on my current rate of travel and current location. and I'll recalculate whenever I feel like it and compare.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Denmark View Post
    well, as an ignorant American, I was under the impression that all Scottish people wear kilts all the time. is this true please confirm y/n

sometimes when I'm driving and know how far my exit is, I'll calculate how long it will take me to reach it and thus what time I'll reach it based on my current rate of travel and current location. and I'll recalculate whenever I feel like it and compare.
    I play a time game a lot too, but it's more like, "How much time can I kill at work by doing x, and how fast/slow do I have to do it so that I'm actually doing something, but not working so fast that I run out of things to do too quickly."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.