Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports Positions!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Sports Positions!

Do you ever play sports? If so, what positions are you?

In soccer/football, I was a goalkeeper, though I could play Forward competently.

In American Football, I was a meh quarterback but an above-average receiver.

In basketball, I was a guard.

In baseball, I was second base and sometimes pitcher.

I play more sports than you'd think. Any pitching and receiving jokes are expected and thus deemed unnecessary.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I played softball and was catcher most of the time, because that is the only thing I am good at.

I don't know what the hell the term is for volleyball, but I was most often chosen to serve because I'm pretty damn good at it. I guess the term is probably just "server".

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In lacrosse I was a midfielder. I did all the running.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

At some point I played every position on a football pitch, but I was most useful in the centre of midfield or as sweeper. I would've been more useful had I practised shooting, but it was less important than making the plays or tackling the other team.

In touch footy I played wing or centre, depending on the quality of the rest of the team. If they were good, I played outside to make use of my speed, if they weren't, I had to do the heavy lifting in the centre.

I played pitcher for my primary school softball team, though I also played shortstop a few games.

I don't really understand most of the other team sports I've played in my time.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Front stance.
    Back stance.
    Crane Stance.
    Cat stance.
    Riding stance.
    Just to name a few.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

In football I've been a bit of everything. I liked being a keeper, but I've also had spells up front and on the wings, and as a full back. I was never tall enough to be a centre back though, and probably because of my laziness I would make a bad midfielder.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

All these are school sports :
    In football (soccer), I was defense for a few years (I was defense the one year I played it in a club, too), then goalie, then back to defense because:
    In handball I was often goalie, until I dislocated my finger (you know how your index bends in the middle? Mine was bent backward in the middle)
    In basketball, which thankfully we didn't play often, I was whatever, we didn't go for positional game in school
    I managed to always dodge rugby (never had PE teachers that did it), we never played us football
    In softball (actually a variant named "thèque") we just played and didn't bother about positions and strategy, pitching was very limited since we had to throw it a certain way (lobed) that meant you couldn't try to throw fast or add spin or whatever.

And then there is Death

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Um.
    Soccer - Midfield or left forward
    Football - Running back or wide receiver
    Baseball - Third Base(hated it) or outfield
    Basketball - I don't know the position system for this sport. I'm short, so I generally just shot from afar or pushed in and made layups.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries

I only played sports for fun so positions in some instances were never discussed in-depth. While playing baseball I would occasionally pitch, otherwise I'd just be up at bat.

Blog Entries

I only did swimming. My strongest stroke was butterfly and then freestyle. I absolutely -hated- backstroke with a passion. I still do.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I came into this thread expecting it to be "which sports and positions would EoFF'ers play in?"

I'm still undecided about whether or not I like what it actually turned out to be! xD

The sports I tended to play the most were football where I was a goalie (cue jokes about handling balls and the open net...) and tennis. Oh and badminton too before I finished education.

These days my sporting activity mostly consists of pool or ping pong on lunch breaks... whilst I'm sure some of the contorted body positions both cause can be classed as "positions" it doesn't really answer the topic

So, um, yeah!

Articles

I was pretty awful at team sports. In football I was either in goals, or in mid field. Basically playing the supportive for offense and defense. In basketball I never really had a position cause I was crap at it.

I was fairly good at single party sports. I was pretty good at Badminton, Tennis and long distance running back in high school. Haven't done much of it since though.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tighthead prop in rugby. I also took the free kicks.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

A prop that takes free kicks! Not often you see that.

I rarely played 'organised' team sports, but when I played rugby I was always a winger due to my incredibly low weight, while in football I would generally play on the wings, but did sometimes find myself playing in midfield or defence. In Johnty, I did remarkably well for a small fella. For those unaware of what Johnty is (ie, everyone but my friends during the age of 10-13), it's where you have a tennis ball and everyone's goal is to get and keep that tennis ball (that's it, there are no points or anything). Can be played in teams, 1 v 1 or free for all. It's incredibly bruising but hilarious fun.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

football i was usually a defender (left-back) and in basketball i was a point guard.
    Making a slow come back since 2008