Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are You a Leader?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

EoFF should already know the answer to that. HINT: See Elections, Mafia, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    I'm gonna be bluntly honest that this entirely depends on how lazy I'm feeling. I'm a trail blazer, I don't do things the expected way and in many regards this makes me a leader because people will follow my example. However, if I'm feeling lazy, I guarantee I will sit back and let someone else develop a headache or at least I do until I get bored of being lazy and end up doing things right.
    Every time I read your posts I hear David Brent's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    What's with all these smurfing questions all ovasudden woman.

I'm neither a leader nor a follower. I looked around, seen what utter twats the human race was, and opted out. People are idiots. Even so some people insist on hanging around. A surprising number when you consider what a flagrant I am. I dont take them anywhere. They just hang around and I've no idea why. Sometimes I'm glad they do. I suppose they're good people. I'd take a bruise or two for them.
    Curiosity :shiny: (also I was bored)

If there is no one to lead the weak and ignorant than they will continue to be weak and ignorant until they or someone else decides to take initiative.

I'd like to think when I bother to care enough, I'm an instigator, initiator, who gets people to do things by doing them myself and without having to tell them to do something. I wish I did this more often because I'd rather not dictate anything or have something be undone, or unlearned.

I know what people mean about not wanting to make decisions -- it's rough. A part of being a leader is knowing you'll have to take most or all blame if something goes wrong even with something as simple as deciding where to eat, so I've opted for the "do what you want" mentality for those situations and by "do what you want" basically always people assume I mean I want you to actually do this, but I want you to decide the correct course of action for yourself and they'd be right.
    I never or rarely follow...anyone. I also pretty much make a decision on something and do it. I've no idea what that makes me. I've definitely taken the lead in many many circumstances but I've never wanted it or never enjoyed it because, as I've said, people are mostly dicks.

Blog Entries

Am I a leader? Hardly. I do my own thing 100%, though. I march to the beat of my own drum and do my own thing.

I don't rly advise people to follow in my footsteps. I'm good at getting myself into pretty big messes and it sometimes takes awhile to dig myself out of them.

I do however, advise ppl to listen to my advice when I bother giving it. I'm usually pretty good at that bit.

Contributions
    • Contributions to former EoFF Map

Too lazy to lead.

Too independent to follow.

Fair dinkum.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna be bluntly honest that this entirely depends on how lazy I'm feeling. I'm a trail blazer, I don't do things the expected way and in many regards this makes me a leader because people will follow my example. However, if I'm feeling lazy, I guarantee I will sit back and let someone else develop a headache or at least I do until I get bored of being lazy and end up doing things right.
    Wrong part of England you dumb bloody paddy! He's from flipping Berkshire not smurfing London. Get it right.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I tend to learn things quickly and well, and I think I have a pretty approachable attitude, which often leads me to being a go-to guy at work for practical questions and concerns. However, I'm not very charismatic and I'm quick to let other people make final decisions on things I don't have a very strong contrary opinion on, so in a social context I'm definitely not a leader.

Now that you say it I can totally see it.

It's mad isn't it? I can totally see him touching his tie after calling himself a trail blazer. andthen biting his bottom lip while interlocking his fingers while he called himself a leader of men.

People with absolutely no self awareness like that really do exist.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm troute at being in charge of things, but I don't trust other people to do things right, so this often leads to me taking leadership positions and doing absolutely sod all with them. xD

Follower because I'm a lowly SAC