Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3789101112131415161718192333 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon X&Y post-launch discussion thread - AKA Jinx is Upset

Quote Originally Posted by Locky View Post
    Oh thank you! That's an awesome mini guide! I will do it once the console has hit fully charged
    Oh, yeah, you'll also have to connect your system to your home WiFi. Fortunately, unlike the DS, the 3DS accepts a much broader range of security types than just WEP. Just know your network and password and you should get in fine.

There is a wireless connection toggle switch on the right side of the device. Press it towards the top of the device and release to toggle it on or off (light on means wireless is active). However, turning it on only lets you hook into your wireless. In order to access the Nintendo systems, you'll also need to open an internet connection. You can do this in-game by pressing the WiFi button on the Player Search System, or through Mystery Gift.

You can also do it by opening the web browser (globe icon in the upper right of the home screen). Creating your friend code might automatically do it, but I'm not sure.

If you don't hook into the internet, you can still leave the wireless on to directly contact any other 3DS players nearby. Otherwise, toggle it off, because it will drain battery needlessly.

Final Note: Make sure you pick up your Event Torchic with Mystery Gift! He's only going to be around until January, and I only have so many extras to give out.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Okay! Thanks again dude!

I'm away playing now, I will put my Friend Code out later on and let you all know how I've gotten on with it EEEEH EXCITING!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, someone's getting head.

Uh, ahead. Someone's getting ahead. In the relationship game. For being a good boyfriend. Ahem.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I'm crawling through this game so slowly and loving every minute of it. Just beat the fourth gym. I have about ~12 pokemon at proper level which I'm switching between because I love them all and want them all in my party. Keeping all of their XP up is easy thanks to EXP Share and the fact that the pacing at the beginning was really slow compared to the prior games I've played. If this was 1st or 2nd gen I'd be just about getting to the Elite Four with the level my guys are at (late 30s-early 40s).

So I've only made it as far as finishing the 6th gym and my Delphox is 91, and the rest of my main party is 60-70, I've also made over 2m Pokebucks too. All thanks to the Chateau.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

4 hours in and my team is
    Frogadier lvl 26
    Cubone lvl 19
    Pancham lvl 21
    Eevee lvl 21
    Charmeleon lvl 25
    Combusken lvl 27

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I want to play this game and am willing to purchase a 3DS to achieve such a goal. But, alas, they are region locked and I live in China.

Ah well.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just got the 7th badge last night. Most of my party are right under level 50.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Eevee lvl 21
    All you have to do to get Sylveon is make it learn a Fairy-type move and get its Affection up (in Pokemon-amie). People on the internet are saying Affection has to be maxed, but my Eevee evolved to Sylveon with about 3 hearts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Fortunately, unlike the DS, the 3DS accepts a much broader range of security types than just WEP.
    Completely off topic for a sec but the DS only knew how to handle WEP? Security so bad it only keeps the technologically challenged and the honest thieves out? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Eevee lvl 21
    All you have to do to get Sylveon is make it learn a Fairy-type move and get its Affection up (in Pokemon-amie). People on the internet are saying Affection has to be maxed, but my Eevee evolved to Sylveon with about 3 hearts.
    Well damn, I took it all the way to 5 hearts, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Fortunately, unlike the DS, the 3DS accepts a much broader range of security types than just WEP.
    Completely off topic for a sec but the DS only knew how to handle WEP? Security so bad it only keeps the technologically challenged and the honest thieves out? Interesting.
    Yep. This was actually the primary selling point behind Nintendo's Wifi USB Connector. It allowed you to connect your DS without completely butchering your Wifi's security.

But the device received poor support. It was hard to get it working with Windows Vista, and it didn't work with Windows 7 (64 Bit) at all.

So I was completely unable to use my DS Pokémon games with the Dream World (which is pretty much the only reason I'd really have to use the wireless on the DS).

It's so nice to be able to access the systems and use the social aspects again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasura View Post
    Well damn, I took it all the way to 5 hearts, oh well.
    That's not that bad. 5 Hearts gives a ton of benefits. Chance to evade attacks, extra crit chance, 20% extra Exp, it can cure its own status effects... Well worth doing. The team I'm using is all at 5 Hearts.

Which is actually coming back to bite me, as I traded over a Chespin and Fennekin, and they're currently Chesnaught and Delphox. Which is great, except that I've only passed the first gym, so I've reached the point where I can't use them. And due to Exp Share, trade Exp boost, and Pokémon-Amie Exp boost, they're dangerously close to being to the point where even the second gym wouldn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Locky
    Locky

4 hours in and my team is
    Frogadier lvl 26
    Cubone lvl 19
    Pancham lvl 21
    Eevee lvl 21
    Charmeleon lvl 25
    Combusken lvl 27
    Awesome little team there. I haven't reached Cubone or Eevee yet, though. I'm going slow, making sure to capture at least one (usually one female, except for Pansear, which I only caught male) of every Pokémon. So currently I'm only at Connecting Cave.

My team:
    Greninja Level 44
    Delphox Level 39
    Chesnaught Level 37
    Blaziken Level 37
    Charizard Level 37
    Gloom Level 35 (Not one I would normally use at all, but Sweet Scent is just too great of a utility move in this game, with the way it causes Horde Battles).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why don't you turn EXP Share off, or just take them out of your party for awhile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Why don't you turn EXP Share off, or just take them out of your party for awhile?
    I did turn it off, once I noticed Delphox hitting level 39 (and knowing that the second badge only works on Pokémon up to 40).

I'd remove them, but I don't have a ton I want to use in their place. And I kind of don't want to Super Train for a couple of days. It can get repetitive. But it's still better than just taking EVs as they come.

If I were to trade them out, I'd probably want to put in Fletchling instead. His stats aren't that great (and he's pretty much too weak for competitive without his Hidden Ability), but he's so much fun. I'd be tempted to put in Ducklett (one of my primary HM slaves from Black and White), but I don't have any HMs to use on him yet. I do need a Cut slave though. Hmm...

5 hearts would be great, if I ever intended to use it. But I never did, I only got it any hearts so it would evolve. Also, max hearts gives a chance to avoid death as well.

My party as it sits now, currently in the Frost Cavern.

Delphox Lv. 93
    Aegislash Lv 65 (Cut/False Swipe)
    Charizard Lv 68 (Fly/Mega)
    Venusaur Lv 62 (Strength/Mega)
    Greninja Lv 69 (Surf/Rock Smash)
    Golbat Lv 30 (Cultivating Friendship for evolution purposes)